Thread: Cannot stream after update

Cannot stream after update

We use a Tricaster 410 to broadcast and stream our 9 am Church service to Ustream. We updated the TC and LiveText a couple of weeks ago and now we cannot stream. TC tells us that the "media encoder has terminated prematurely". After exiting to windows we can launch the Adobe Live Media Encoder and it does seem to start. Any suggestions?

What version of software did you update to? Standard Edition or Advanced Edition?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Standard version. Can we update to the advanced version?

Advanced Edition is a paid update. I was checking because the streaming engine in Advanced Edition isn't based on Adobe FLME.

Are you using the UStream plug-in or just the standard RTMP streaming?

If is it is the standard RTMP streaming (Adobe FLME) I would try installing the software update again just in case something didn't go in correctly. If that still doesn't help, I would contact support.
    http://new.tk/support
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

We are using the standard RTMP. Thank you for your suggestion, we will reinstall and keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by kmlc View Post
    We use a Tricaster 410 to broadcast and stream our 9 am Church service to Ustream. We updated the TC and LiveText a couple of weeks ago and now we cannot stream. TC tells us that the "media encoder has terminated prematurely". After exiting to windows we can launch the Adobe Live Media Encoder and it does seem to start. Any suggestions?
    I had a similar issue when I tried to update today, but with AE. I would click on the wheel next to Stream and nothing would happen. I'm busy re-downloading the install and I'll give it another go in the morning.

We noticed that we could not reach the settings either. Not sure when I will be able to reinstall, hoping by Wednesday. Please pass along if your reinstall worked.

I was able to leave work early yesterday and did the reinstall, did not fix the streaming. It is possible that we were using the Ustream plugin. I still cannot reach the settings. I did find this on Ustreams website:

UPDATE: We have discovered that connecting via the Ustream plugin, or logging in with your Ustream credentials, will cause broadcasting issues. To avoid this, please connect via Manual RTMP configuration.

I am going to try and setup a manual RTMP, not sure how that going to work since we cannot get to any settings?

Here are instructions on manual RTMP streaming using UStream.
    https://support.ustream.tv/hc/en-us/...-TriCaster#new
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

I found the same instructions but after clicking on the gear and Ustream opens we do not have an option for "New" or "Delete". All we have is "Configure plugin" and this does not do anything when we click on it.

Pick something else first from the drop down list that isn't UStream or LiveStream (there are the two that have plug-ins). Then press the New button, choose the Adobe/RTMP streaming and the options should appear. If you press 'New' while on a the drop down is currently on a plug-in profile, it just create a new copy of that plug-in profile.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

We are able to stream! Thank you Kane!

The only Ustream plug in I have is in the Legacy section.
    If we follow the manual settings info are we still getting the better quality
    that came with the AE when it dropped the inferior quality of Adobe flash?

Mine is the 860AE 1st version
    Ed
    Toasting since 1990
    Tricaster 860AE Owner

Quote Originally Posted by edmellnik View Post
    The only Ustream plug in I have is in the Legacy section.
    If we follow the manual settings info are we still getting the better quality
    that came with the AE when it dropped the inferior quality of Adobe flash?

Mine is the 860AE 1st version
    Ed
    I would only use the options in the Legacy streaming as a last resort. The current streaming settings should produce better output with less CPU usage than anything in the legacy section.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.