Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2018.0.2 is available

Now, I see that the Render Status Panel now shows some additional info. Nice subtle change. What else can now be found?

Transform and roll out alesxander's Avatar
    excellent news. TNX a lot

Regards from Costa Rica
    Last edited by alesxander; 03-02-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Only 5 minutes with it and a first new issue to report :

LWB-3504 : When range type is set to Arbitrary, F9 renders wrong frame and Continue button has wrong behavior.
    Looks like hitting F9 doesn't render current frame but the first frame of the render range instead.
    Moreover, Continue button seems to render next frame instead of leaving the render panel.

side note : makes it quite unusable at the moment since my current project is a 6000 frames project made of a bunch of small frame ranges :\
    Last edited by omichon; 03-02-2018 at 02:32 AM.
    www.oliviermichon.fr | 3D Animation, Motion Graphics and Broadcast Design.

Quote Originally Posted by omichon View Post
    Only 5 minutes with it and a first new issue to report :

LWB-3504 : When range type is set to Arbitrary, F9 renders wrong frame and Continue button has wrong behavior.
    Looks like hitting F9 doesn't render current frame but the first frame of the render range instead.
    Moreover, Continue button seems to render next frame instead of leaving the render panel.

side note : makes it quite unusable at the moment since my current project is a 6000 frames project made of a bunch of small frame ranges :\
    i can better that.

LWB-3502

if mouse mode on and using a tablet, can’t navigate.

booyakasha!

thanKs a lot, Newtek team
    LW 2018 is really excellent !
    Le Jardin Digital - Créations 3D / Design /Films - www.lejardindigital.fr

Halleluja! Modeler/Layout syncing is working on mac in 2018.0.2

Wrong information sorry ...
    Last edited by Wireframex; 03-02-2018 at 12:39 PM.
    Ryzen Threadripper 3990X 64 Cores - 128Threads / 3 x GTX 2080 / Windows 10 x64 / 64 Go Ram / LW2020 & Softimage user

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    Someone give this guy ^^^^ the award for the first GRIPE after the release.
    Mate, i haven't posted here for 5 years, I just asked a simple question. I'm not part of and don't care about whatever drama has been happening on this board in the meantime. All I know is that they've always done this (I've had LW going back to version 6) and I've always found it annoying. I cannot believe that we really need to reinstall *everything* just to fix some bugs - as Revanto says, it's annoying, it's unnecessarily large and it's disruptive. If much larger software packages can just replace the files that actually need replacing in their patches then I'm sure it's possible for Lightwave to do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by evildrganymede View Post
    Mate, i haven't posted here for 5 years, I just asked a simple question. I'm not part of and don't care about whatever drama has been happening on this board in the meantime. All I know is that they've always done this (I've had LW going back to version 6) and I've always found it annoying. I cannot believe that we really need to reinstall *everything* just to fix some bugs - as Revanto says, it's annoying, it's unnecessarily large and it's disruptive. If much larger software packages can just replace the files that actually need replacing in their patches then I'm sure it's possible for Lightwave to do that too.
    You still have the option to change installation folder and always overwrite 2018.0 files (maybe for 2018.0.x patches only). I think the real issue is that new versions always start with fresh new configs, because config files are named something like *2018.0.x.cfg . That'd be even fine, but at least LW should be able to import settings from the previous installed version: that would make super-easy and super-fast moving from a version to a next one.

G
    My website: Geba.it
    LightWave Italian Community: LWITA.com

Quote Originally Posted by vashts View Post
    You still have the option to change installation folder and always overwrite 2018.0 files (maybe for 2018.0.x patches only). I think the real issue is that new versions always start with fresh new configs, because config files are named something like *2018.0.x.cfg . That'd be even fine, but at least LW should be able to import settings from the previous installed version: that would make super-easy and super-fast moving from a version to a next one.

G
    Exactly, it took hours to reinstall all plugins and config like previous version ... Please NT do something for future migrations
    Phil
    Ryzen Threadripper 3990X 64 Cores - 128Threads / 3 x GTX 2080 / Windows 10 x64 / 64 Go Ram / LW2020 & Softimage user

Maybe the plugin devs could make an installer like LWCAD? I just ran that installer and it was basically clicking on "add 5.5 to lw2018.2" (don't remember the exact wording)
    17Aug20: Lightwave 2019.1.5 Build 3134, win10 pro 1909, AMD Ryzen 1800+, 64 GB mem, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 ti v452.06 (17Aug20), LG Ultra 4K (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Wireframex View Post
    Exactly, it took hours to reinstall all plugins and config like previous version ... Please NT do something for future migrations
    Phil
    yeah i second this, it’s a pita

Visualization FreeLance THIBAULT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vipvip242 View Post
    thanKs a lot, Newtek team
    LW 2018 is really excellent !
    Mmm ! Pour la Visualisation Architecturale, c'est juste le pire workflow de rendu que nous ayons testé depuis longtemps ! Beaucoup de problèmes de netteté, de firefly, de sploches, de bugs ! Juste une horreur ! Et je ne parle même pas d'animation, a oublier ! Il est temps pour notre studio de réinvestir les économies réalisées avec LW vers un autre soft 3D, plus cher mais aussi beaucoup plus performant ! Certainement C4D /Octane / Redshift / LWCAD 5 ! A bientôt !

Mmm! For Architectural Visualization, it's just the worst rendering workflow we've tested in a long time! Many problems of sharpness, firefly, sploches, bugs! Just a horror! And I do not even talk about animation, forget! It is time for our studio to reinvest the savings made with LW to another 3D soft, more expensive but also much more powerful! Certainly C4D / Corona / Redshift / LWCAD 5! See you soon !

Frequenter
    You obviously seem very frustrated. Thats a pity. But might I ask, why you have waited so long before you decided to switch apps?
    I suppose you must haven´t been happy with 2015 also? As surely beautiful renderings and a consistent look of a scenario under different lighting situations are much easier to achieve with the new renderer... Sure it requires the user to adjust to certain things that are clearly different now but wouldn´t it take you at least the same time to get used to a different engine?
    I am just curious...

LW + Octane rocks for archviz, anyway ;-) Even if I'm still sceptical if the new engine will be worthwhile to be adopted for my workflow - especially because not using the GPU setup, LW 2018 is visibly faster when handling complex scenes, good for archviz, as well. And with the new OD Tools we got so many workflow enhancements that I still need to check out all the new options.
    Last edited by 3dworks; 03-04-2018 at 01:16 PM.
    3dworks visual computing
    demo reel on vimeo
    instagram

OSX 10.12.x, macpro 5.1, nvidia gtx 980 ti, LW2015.x / 2018.x, octane 3.x

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast