Thread: Octane for Lightwave materials library?

Octane for Lightwave materials library?

Hello Wavers, just dropped in to ask if any one of you have ever encountered a library with Lightwave specific Octane materials? Free or commercial, I don't care, but would be interesting since this is something that I rarely have the time to sit down and sort out and categorize myself.

Thanks!

What about the livedb? It's always available. I think it has been made to work a bit better with lw as of late.

Perhaps you've looked at this; just covering it.
    Robert Wilson
    i-7-4770k @3.5ghz, Titan, GTX 1660 Ti, et al

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    What about the livedb? It's always available. I think it has been made to work a bit better with lw as of late.

Perhaps you've looked at this; just covering it.

Yeah thanks, it works, but I kinda like it better when I can manage in Lightwave's material editor.

Go to the LW site third parties page and then the 3DXYZ surface preset library. Here's a direct link to the Octane page of that site. I don't us Octane and haven't sampled them, but they are a start.

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    Go to the LW site third parties page and then the 3DXYZ surface preset library. Here's a direct link to the Octane page of that site. I don't us Octane and haven't sampled them, but they are a start.
    This is the only place I also know of to download octane materials. But thank you for suggesting it. Oh well, I guess I was just a little envious on the Cinema 4D Octane material packages I saw

Thank you so much!!