Thread: Borders that adjust with cropping

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar

Borders that adjust with cropping

The borders are cool, but, for example, when we have a 4:3 PPT over NDI, we will crop the layer in our M/E (not at the input). If we add a border, the border seems to ignore the cropping.
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

i strongly support this feature.
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]

Second. There have been lots of times I've needed to crop something - say, a double or triple box for a multi-person skype session - that hasn't worked with the border templates. Sure, I could build them in Photoshop or whatever, but we don't usually have that kind of preproduction time.

The issue I see here is one of scaling, though. If we crop a window down to 25% width, when the border scales, the vertical elements will be much narrower than the horizontal elements. Scaleable borders would have to be made up of separate horizontal and vertical elements and the scaling would have to be smart enough to know how to squash them so they still look right.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

I understand the desire, but I've been told that the borders feature as implemented basically works the way it works. This being so, for most if not all of the cases mentioned the solution is really to create your own custom border to suit your specific requirements. (Generally, the aspect of the required border could be predicted with fair accuracy, and these could be prepared in advance. As a practical point, in a pinch I think often a little extra cropping could often be tolerated.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")