Thread: 4K NDI converters

4K NDI converters

aside from the obvious NC1, are there any SDI to NDI converters that will accept 4K on the market that don't require building a custom hardware solution? Anything strictly hardware based encoder? Since the NC1 requires a Quadlink 12G, that also incurs additional cost to boot.

Currently, there is the NC1 IO which is the only turn key 4K/UHD NDI input solution on the market. Otherwise you can build your own using NewTek Connect Pro and a supported video I/O card of your choice.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

can the NC1 I/O be setup for dual link 6G 4K @ 30p? allowing for 4 4k sources?

NewTek System Integrator PIZAZZ's Avatar
    Texas, or wherever the plane drops me off this week
    Quote Originally Posted by nmsoundengineer View Post
    We have these NDI Viewfinders that are now 4K capable. -- http://www.pizazz.com/ndi-solutions/

We also have a 2RU Rackmount that can accept up to 4 x 12G inputs and convert them to NDI. I do not have it on the website yet but it has been working for us well.

Contact me via phone 409-860-9283 or email (jef at pizazz dots com) and let's discuss your project.
    Jef Kethley
    PIZAZZ
    www.pizazz.com

Using:
    All models of TriCasters + 3Play, IPSeries
    Panasonic UB300 4k cams
    Tactical Fiber/converters, SDI2NDI converters, NDI-Viewfinder, and NDI2HDMI

Quote Originally Posted by nmsoundengineer View Post
    The NC1 IO does support 2160p30 via quad link, but it is a max dual channel video card when working in 4K/UHD modes.
    Last edited by kanep; 02-21-2018 at 08:35 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.