View Poll Results: What would you rather have happen(ed) with LW 8.0?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newtek releaced a buggy version

3 6.00%
  • Do an open bata test now

18 36.00%
  • releace v8.0 then 8.0a 8.0b etc.

8 16.00%
  • other (pleas post what you would want)

21 42.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do you think LW 8 should (have) come/came out

undisregistered member

Arrow When do you think LW 8 should (have) come/came out

There have been many arguments of how NewTek should have handled the timing problem with LightWave 8's releace time. I have posted this poll so people could see what the magarity would prefer. If you voted for other than post what you would rather have happen(ed).

JESUS!!!

was born on this day.
    happyXmas

Re: When do you think LW 8 should (have) come/came out

Originally posted by nerdyguy227
    Do an open bata test now
    Some kind of open shoes test? Might be a bit cold right now for a tongs test.
    www.bata.com
    There is always some darkness behind the light.

To be entirely accurate, "Bata" the shoe really should be spelled with a soft "T", like "Bat'a."
    Last edited by TyVole; 12-24-2003 at 10:09 AM.

Old Lightwavin' hand

Angry

I think Newteks strategy is spot on.

Some people may be crying cause they don't have a new toy to play with christmas morning but those of us who make a living with Lightwave need a stable mature release.

This type of infantile post is not helpful, I've known chuck and the team for a number of years and trust the integrity of Newtek.

I'd rather give them the time to get it right, than spend production time cussing at a buggy release.
    Last edited by Original1; 12-24-2003 at 12:47 PM.
    Don't sweat the small stuff.
    PS...
    It's all small stuff

...unless its Lightwave

I think they are doing fine...
    Inspire 3D
    *for now!*
    BWAHAHAHAHAA!

Personally, I would prefer Newtek to put a spellchecker in this forum instead of wasting all that time developing 3d applications.

BTW Original1 - He says he is 12, so technically, that makes him Puerile or Juvenile rather than infantile.

This thread is asking to turn out nasty like all the rest (thought I hope it doesn't). I really don't see the point of this, but oh well.

I think NT is doing fine! It isn't the end of the world if we get LightWave [8] just a little later. I'd rather get a stable version.

BTW, I've never tried it but there exists http://spellcheck.net/
    Samuel Kvaalen
    [www.kvaalen.com]

Well for my part, I got what I asked for. Confirmation from Chuck that [8] is not yet ready.

Contrary to some of the opinions stated in other threads, that is all I was after. I'm disappointed that I won't get to play with it while I'm off work for the hols, but I can cope with it.

I do think that the [8] preview page (which still has the q4 delivery date) should be changed to reflect this news ASAP though, because not everyone reads this forum.

Originally posted by TyVole
    To be entirely accurate, "Bata" the shoe really should be spelled with a soft "T", like "Bat'a."
    !?
    Uhm.. I need some help on this one!

There is always some darkness behind the light.

LW Watcher

Anytime in the next quarter would be great. I'd prefer a solid app rather than ending up as a defacto beta testa.

if it's going to be longer than jan 30th 2004 i believe that a open beta for those who paid for the upgrades to lw8 is the proper thing to do so that the early adoptors get what they paid for and those who are waiting can continue to "wait n see"...

everyone wins....

1.early adoptors can test drive
    2.no reviews of buggy software as it's not a "released version yet"
    3.feedback from the userbase can give newtek a little breathing space for extras that couldn't make the release date if they want to add them in.

steve g
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

undisregistered member
    Originally posted by Original1

Some people may be crying cause they don't have a new toy to play with christmas morning but those of us who make a living with Lightwave need a stable mature release.

This type of infantile post is not helpful, I've known chuck and the team for a number of years and trust the integrity of Newtek.

I'd rather give them the time to get it right, than spend production time cussing at a buggy release.
    I completly agree. I think it is great how they are handiling a miscalculation on the date. Giving us vidios and other things in the mean time while they are developing LW 8 is a great way to do it.

My full opinion for them is:
    keep doing what your doing now (with all the vidios and stuff) then when most of the bugs are out then (in about 1-3 weeks) releace 8.0. After about a month has passed releace 8.0b. If LW 8.0 would be out in a few weeks anyway don't bother with what I just said.

Of corse that is just my opinion and I don't know how the development is exactly going.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast