Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LiveText question

LiveText question

Are there any good LiveText tutorials out there that are worth watching? I have never used LiveText with our games but am curious and want to try and see how it works. What templates do people use for football and basketball? Any links or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you have AE or TC1, you can use Kane's DataLink Titler - http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/datalinktitler

Just put the placeholders into your graphics, then control data from another PC without needing LT.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Do I install this on the TriCaster and laptop?

DataLink Titler is actually installed on the TriCaster itself, then accessed via web browser from another computer. When you download and unpack the .zip file, an instructions .pdf is included. A portion of that text says:

To install DataLink Titler, double click on the ‘DataLink Titler Setup.exe’ icon your TriCaster system. Then start up the TriCaster software. You can launch DataLink Titler from a web browser using a URL similar to what you see displayed below.

http://tricaster-xd/dltitler

You might need to change one part of the URL. If your TriCaster system name isn’t ‘TriCaster- XD’, replace it with the correct name. The TriCaster network name can be found by clicking on the ‘?’ icon found in the upper right corner of the TriCaster Live Desktop interface. It is also possible to use the TriCaster IP address in place of the computer name. An example of a URL with an IP address would be as follows.

http://192.168.1.55/dltitler

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

Jeff, I see the newest versions of external Live Text states that it supports Data Link

Lets say I purchase an older Tricaster like a TC40 and ran a recent version of Livetext to it.

If I wanted to make two simple graphics in the external live text as home and road bios, could I then setup the links in the external version of Livetext then remotely control the data by Kane's Data Titler app?

Avoiding having to have a bio for each player?
    Last edited by Radio_TVPat1982; 02-22-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Has anyone used NewBLue Live 3 Sports? I like the layout a little bit better than LiveText as LiveText seems a little more cumbersome. If I go ahead and use an outside source for my clock and scoreboard, I think NewBlue or LiveText is what I prefer as I am not smart enough to be able to use the data link titler. I haven't used any of these programs until today and I have the Live 3 Sports down much faster than the other 2.
    Also, is there a template that goes with LiveText for sports? $$??
    I've got a lot of studying to do to master any of these but I just need to figure out what the heck to do I guess.

For LiveText, check out LT ScoreBoards, which is a "skin" or custom interface that makes it easier to use for sports - http://www.krisgurrad.com/LT_scoreboards.html

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

Have you used NewBlue Titler? It seems very easy to use. Much easier to me than LiveText. I don't know for sure because I have not used it enough to know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio_TVPat1982 View Post
    Jeff, I see the newest versions of external Live Text states that it supports Data Link

Lets say I purchase an older Tricaster like a TC40 and ran a recent version of Livetext to it.

If I wanted to make two simple graphics in the external live text as home and road bios, could I then setup the links in the external version of Livetext then remotely control the data by Kane's Data Titler app?

Avoiding having to have a bio for each player?
    Hi Pat,

Sorry I'd missed your post yesterday. I'm not clear on how the TC40 plays into this. I think you want to remotely control the contents of LiveText? Please elaborate on what you want to accomplish and the anticipated workflow.

Which model of TriCaster would be doing the actual production switching? Note that Kane's program will not talk to TC40, is meant for AE machines.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

Titler Live 3 Broadcast is much more powerful than LT, as it includes all kinds of animation features, ability to run multiple things at once and have them each go out as separate NDI streams. Macros in the TriCaster can actually trigger animations in the New Blue software to take place.

Have not used it myself, but have viewed the demo videos

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

Hey Jef, thanks for the reply. So I just bought a used TC40 as a backup unit for when I am double booked. I need some sort of graphics solution to go with it and since the 40 does not take NDI I will probably just use an external copy of Livetext.

I want to know if the newer versions of Livetext (that support Data Link) will work with Kane's Titler app? I realize that the 40 does not have Data Link but all that would be handled in the external Live Text software and just sent down the line correct?

One of the issues with Live Text was how limited it was when dealing with lots of data. So if I used Kane's app to create and manage a spreadsheet could I just link that to the external copy of Live Text?

My end result is making it easier to manage 50-200 lower 3rds for baseball and football.

On a side note, I have used New Blue before. I actually just had a really good call with them recently. I like where they are heading. They offer multiple channels of output and you can build commands to work from Macros in your Tricaster. Making simple TV elements like "Take with Bug" or "Replay out transition to bug" possible without having to time that out between the TD and the graphics op. The only critical thing I can say is that if you are buying the product to use their already built packages, you will find that there is about 5-7 "Looks" but not that many graphics per Look. I have mentioned the possibility of having maybe 3 looks but really creating a bunch more of the standard sports graphics. They are always listening to suggestions so if in doubt download a trail and then reach out to them for suggestions.

My titler app only works with Advanced Edition TriCasters, TC1 or VMC1. LiveText doesn't have the REST API features needed for my web app to communicate with it.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Bummer, thanks for the info though! I could still link it with scoreboard sources like Daktronics right?

Also would it work with Web Keys or would that be the same situation as this? In this case I could have a browser open and copy and paste from chrome. Not as fast but still faster than manual entry.

Is there another solution for mass lower 3rds in Livetext that maybe I am not thinking about?

I see that people have different ideas about titlers. What seems to be the best one out there right now? I really am liking the one from NewBlue. It seems so much easier than LiveText.

Are there any others with as much firepower as these 2?

I don't want to spend a lot of time making my own because with my job I don't have much time to make them. NewBlue seems pretty straight forward. There are a couple of things I don't like about it but nothing is perfect.

I still haven't figured out LiveText fully yet. If I could get some templates to use I may figure it out but I haven't been able to get any unless I purchase them and I don't want to do that until I figure out which titling program I am going to go with. NewBlue game me a 7 day license to work on their product.

Can anyone steer me someplace? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    My titler app only works with Advanced Edition TriCasters, TC1 or VMC1. LiveText doesn't have the REST API features needed for my web app to communicate with it.
    I'm having trouble getting the titler app install to launch (/embarassed). When I run it no install link pops up. I'm using a TC1. Any advice?

EDIT: Windows 10 was blocking the install from launching. I had to go into the .exe file's properties and check a box that said UNBLOCK.
    Last edited by MatthewBLive; 03-08-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast