Thread: AE Update oscillating Audio crackle and pop issue

AE Update oscillating Audio crackle and pop issue

Hi,

We recently upgraded our SE Tricaster 8000 to the AE build: 5-1-180125 and have encountered an audio issue I hope someone here can help us with. I've attached an .mov file of a sample of tone with the error. It happens right after boot up and is the same after running for hours, it is only there when there is other audio coming into the Tricaster (Tone, Talking, Etc...) There is an oscillating whooshing sound when nothing is plugged into any audio input that may be related to this. We have tested our board and the audio coming out of it is clean, we have also run a tone generator directly into the audio input of the Tricaster and the noise was there. We've run an audio loop test, we've checked each input and output, audio and video, we've tried it on Line, mic, ads, etc.., and we've even opened the box and checked every connection and placed it on a cushion to see if it was vibration from our cabinet. Nothing has changed the noise even slightly.

We have not run a Core reset yet or restore of the C: drive, I wanted to wait and see if a solution could be found first. Our system is 8 years old about and we use it almost daily. The C: drive seems stable and OK. The two things physically that I noticed in the box were that; one fan isn't spinning and that there is a double row of oscillating lights on the back audio board. I have included an attachment of that as well. Does anyone know what these lights represent? They match the audio error in rhythm mostly, and I wonder if there is an energy surge or grounding issue that is related to all three things?

Any and all help and/or insight, or even other testing options, are welcome.

Thanks!

Roberto

Tricaster 8000 AE2
    Hitachi Cameras
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180213_124818.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	140116  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by JimmA View Post
    Hi,

We recently upgraded our SE Tricaster 8000 to the AE build: 5-1-180125 and have encountered an audio issue I hope someone here can help us with. I've attached an .mov file of a sample of tone with the error. It happens right after boot up and is the same after running for hours, it is only there when there is other audio coming into the Tricaster (Tone, Talking, Etc...) There is an oscillating whooshing sound when nothing is plugged into any audio input that may be related to this. We have tested our board and the audio coming out of it is clean, we have also run a tone generator directly into the audio input of the Tricaster and the noise was there. We've run an audio loop test, we've checked each input and output, audio and video, we've tried it on Line, mic, ads, etc.., and we've even opened the box and checked every connection and placed it on a cushion to see if it was vibration from our cabinet. Nothing has changed the noise even slightly.

We have not run a Core reset yet or restore of the C: drive, I wanted to wait and see if a solution could be found first. Our system is 8 years old about and we use it almost daily. The C: drive seems stable and OK. The two things physically that I noticed in the box were that; one fan isn't spinning and that there is a double row of oscillating lights on the back audio board. I have included an attachment of that as well. Does anyone know what these lights represent? They match the audio error in rhythm mostly, and I wonder if there is an energy surge or grounding issue that is related to all three things?

Any and all help and/or insight, or even other testing options, are welcome.

Thanks!

Roberto

Tricaster 8000 AE2
    Hitachi Cameras
    Downgrade your version and re-run the core update to downgrade. We had this installed for about 30 minutes and went back again in the hope it fixed the issues introduced in an earlier version. If the issue wasn't present before you may be experiencing the wider ranging issues that are plaguing multiple version of the tricaster units. Post this stuff to support. Take a quick look over these forum channels to get a better idea of the issues people are seeing.