Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AE2 latest update audio problem

AE2 latest update audio problem

After the latest 5-1-180125 update installation, the audio of every video played in DDRs sounds like old vinyl with clicks and cracks.

Is anyone else having this problem?
    Daniel Choi
    Tricaster 460 AE2 - Tricaster 855 - Tricaster 455

I am doing some tests now and it seems that the problem is only in the headphone output.
    Daniel Choi

More tests done:
    The audio problem is in the headphone output, the XLR output and the Aux output. There is no problem in the recording, streaming and the NDI.

Can anyone else confirm the problem?
    Daniel Choi

QA is currently chasing a bug that may well be causing this. I'll post further news when it's available.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve.

I found this update very stable and NDI much more reliable and fast, just the audio problem...
    Daniel Choi

Quote Originally Posted by Koinonia View Post
    Thanks Steve.

I found this update very stable and NDI much more reliable and fast, just the audio problem...
    Yeah, the audio "effect" is known. We have been chasing issues with V5 for sometime. We found the speed of creating new session's if you base it off an existing session to be significantly increased and the speed of the import media tool to have significantly decreased.

Quote Originally Posted by smw View Post
    ... and the speed of the import media tool to have significantly decreased.
    Even if you use 'fast import'?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

180125, TC460AE, analog audio sounds like a record needle. Perfect way to describe it.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Even if you use 'fast import'?
    Yes, Our workaround is the + option on the DDR "browse to media location" which exposes the explorer window and then copying the files from the network to the D: drive this is almost instant. Via the media import tool a 5 minute file takes close to 5 minutes to copy. I appreciate there is likely to be some throttling on the import tool so as not to strain the system but within reason.

That is exactly correct! At least the upgrade issue seems to be consistent across a couple of platforms. Wait, is that actually a good thing?

Well, bear in mind that the import tool may be doing transcoding, depending on the format. Simply copying the file is obviously going to be faster.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Well, bear in mind that the import tool may be doing transcoding, depending on the format. Simply copying the file is obviously going to be faster.
    No transcoding occurs on either fast import or import the file is an AVI created using the SpeedHQ codec and I checked the files on the D drive session folder they are 1:1. Using the Tricaster import function, both methods takes 00:04:13 4 minutes and 13 seconds and a direct copy takes 11 seconds. I posted to see if it was an issue other users had seen as this is a regression in terms of speed from AE1. I recorded it and I'll update our support tucket.

Quote Originally Posted by smw View Post
    No transcoding occurs on either fast import or import the file is an AVI created using the SpeedHQ codec and I checked the files on the D drive session folder they are 1:1.
    It's possible they are being transcoded in error. I don't know why else it would take so long.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

It's possible they are being transcoded in error. I don't know why else it would take so long.
    That would be unusual but not out of character with my experience with the Tricaster software. I'll wait to see what support come back with as we'd very much like to stop wasting time finding work around solutions.

2005 NewTek Demo Guru
    Any news or updates about the audio issue described in this thread for 5-1-180125? I was planning on updating, but have held off after reading this post.
    Jonathan Crowe
    ETV Engineer
    www.etvhuntsville.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast