Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AE2 latest update audio problem

I'm told a version that allegedly fixes known audio problems is in beta. Fingers crossed ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I'm told a version that allegedly fixes known audio problems is in beta. Fingers crossed ...
    Hi, so is that version available yet? We are having a very similar issue, and would love to find some fix for it.

Same for us. We re on build 6-0-180131.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqio31entr...cking.MOV?dl=0

Breaks up and goes clean all day during our 8 hour broadcast.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    We updated our 460 to 180125 and are not hearing this issue. To test, we ran the Tricaster for a week straight (24/7) playing videos of varying lengths and they all sounded fine.
    Of course, we have 2 shows this week so if it is going to happen, it will be then.

We plan to simply have the host yell "Kick It Old School" every time we start video playback. That way if there is popping and clicking, we can call it 'expensive special effects'.

Seriously though, all good so far.

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    We plan to simply have the host yell "Kick It Old School" every time we start video playback. That way if there is popping and clicking, we can call it 'expensive special effects'.
    Sorted. Thanks for the suggestion!

In our case it's relatively subtle. I had to get out my good headphones to hear it, but it became evident immediately. It's nothing like what dpavid is reporting, though *that* is something we've heard before, too. I can't recall how far back we have to go, but a lot of us had that exact breakup on our analog audio outputs. This was before the "pitch shift" bug - at least a year ago.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    Sorted. Thanks for the suggestion!

In our case it's relatively subtle. I had to get out my good headphones to hear it, but it became evident immediately. It's nothing like what dpavid is reporting, though *that* is something we've heard before, too. I can't recall how far back we have to go, but a lot of us had that exact breakup on our analog audio outputs. This was before the "pitch shift" bug - at least a year ago.
    Our initial 8000 unit was doing stuff like this 2 years ago on the analog audio outputs (Robot Voice) so everything got shifted to SDI and now that is having issues too, your video sounds an awful lot like the old robot voice. We don't seem to have issues playing out content that has been recorded or created outside of the Tricaster. Is your audio clear if you record a clip back in and play it out?

I am dead in the water right now with this audio issue, it is showing up in my recordings in addition to the audio outputs. I should have checked the forums first, unfortunately all of my audio is coming in with this scratchy output and sounds terrible. I tried both the analog inputs and HDMI direct through my camcorder. Any fix yet? Can I revert to the prior update?

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    ...and now we have it too. The noise seems to increase along with your audio levels, almost like a digital distortion. We had it on our headphones and recording outputs. Luckily (thanks to this thread), we also recorded on our mixer.

Should I submit a bug report or is it a known issue?
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

And here i was thinking about updating to V5. Glad I checked the forums! I wrestled with the analog audio output problem smw mentioned for quite a while until they fixed it.
    Operations Manager, WBUP/WBKP
    TC 8000 AE

I tested out the latest beta and the attached images make a pretty clear image of what happens when you internally record content and play it out. And when you play out content not recorded in the Tricaster. The attached waveforms are of the SDI audio outputs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC-EXTERNAL-FILE-PLAYOUT.PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	523.9 KB 
ID:	140390   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC-INTERNAL-RECORD-PLAYOUT.PNG 
Views:	64 
Size:	611.0 KB 
ID:	140391  

Any word on a fix for this? This was posted more than a month ago and it still appears that we are on 5-1-180125. Is everyone having this issue with the new version?

Johnnotestine, please see here:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....C1-beta-builds

SMW, looks like you're still seeing noise in the output. Might want to post that info in the beta/release thread to try to consolidate some info.
    E. Lee Dickinson | President
    Advanced Visual Production | sound.lighting.video.design
    www.avprva.com

Tricaster 850, 460AE, and TC-1
    JVC GY-HM200u, Canon XLH1, Fieldcast and BMD Fiber

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-AVP View Post
    Johnnotestine, please see here:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....C1-beta-builds

SMW, looks like you're still seeing noise in the output. Might want to post that info in the beta/release thread to try to consolidate some info.
    Hey, I have bug ticket open for this and it is a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by smw View Post
    Hey, I have bug ticket open for this and it is a work in progress.
    Have you upgraded to the linked beta?

Anyone having issues with the beta version?

Check for latest updated there was a beta thread for TC1 and mix engines and that release I'd out and fixed the audio issues described

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast