Thread: TC1 Speed Edit Won't Edit 1080/60i?

TC1 Speed Edit Won't Edit 1080/60i?

When I take a file that was captured as 1080/60i TC1 Switcher in Speed Edit on the TC1 machine it goes in fast motion. I've tried each of the settings on Speed and tried a custom setting with the same result each time.

I was thinking maybe I need to use the export feature?

Are you running the Speed Edit software on the TC1 machine? If so, that software was never meant for Windows 10, so there could be compatibility/performance issues. Perhaps run SE in a Windows 7 Compatibility mode if Windows 10 offers that option?

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Are you running the Speed Edit software on the TC1 machine? If so, that software was never meant for Windows 10, so there could be compatibility/performance issues. Perhaps run SE in a Windows 7 Compatibility mode if Windows 10 offers that option?

Thanks

Jeff
    Hi Jeff - Thanks for reply. Yes I'm running the speedEdit that came installed on the TC1. I figured it would work since it is installed from the factory. I'm using the export feature right now and at least getting some .m4v files that should work. Editing in the DDR is very limited though.

Quote Originally Posted by lvsoule View Post
    When I take a file that was captured as 1080/60i TC1 Switcher in Speed Edit on the TC1 machine it goes in fast motion. I've tried each of the settings on Speed and tried a custom setting with the same result each time.

I was thinking maybe I need to use the export feature?

SpeedEdit can't read the files recorded on the TC1. Strange that SE came already installed on your TC1

Did your dealer perhaps do a pre-delivery prep of the TC1, where he may have installed SpeedEdit on the machine manually? Mine doesn't have it, nor would I expect it to come installed on any recent TriCaster since the SE software is no longer sold or supported.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Did your dealer perhaps do a pre-delivery prep of the TC1, where he may have installed SpeedEdit on the machine manually? Mine doesn't have it, nor would I expect it to come installed on any recent TriCaster since the SE software is no longer sold or supported.

Thanks
    I will contact the dealer. It was definitely there when I go to the add-ons selection.

I don't believe it's factory installed on TC1.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I don't believe it's factory installed on TC1.
    I can verify that SpeedEdit is not installed on TC1 or VMC1 by default. Someone else had to install it.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.