Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I miss something here, still no textures in opengl,t all things go nodal in surfa

Did I miss something here, still no textures in opengl,t all things go nodal in surfa

well..we got these new shaders etc, but what on earth is going on with the issues of lightwave not being able to display nodal image map textures ...to be allowed to be displayed in opengl?
    If that is the case, very annoying.

They work for me.

TrueArt Support
    Sometimes they do work, sometimes they don't work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OpenGL texture.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	753.0 KB 
ID:	139845

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Sometimes they do work, sometimes they don't work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OpenGL texture.png 
Views:	153 
Size:	753.0 KB 
ID:	139845
    Well..that is the standard material, inside of nodes...so that is no surprise, we do however need textures when using the new skin or principled shaders, and some others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    They work for me.
    as in the above answer, and not with the new skin material etc?
    Edit...sorry, it works with prinicpled BSDF, but what was really important was the new skin material.

Radeon?
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Skin is one of the few that doesn't. I think it has to do with the amount of colour inputs that have to be mixed.
    fauxWaver \foʊ-wāv-er\, n. one who likes LightWave, but shuns car-anologies.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Well..that is the standard material, inside of nodes...so that is no surprise, we do however need textures when using the new skin or principled shaders, and some others.
    why is that no surprise? the standard material should work and display textures. if it doesn't then its a problem and a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    why is that no surprise? the standard material should work and display textures. if it doesn't then its a problem and a bug.
    I never said standard material doesn't work.
    Standard material has always worked.
    Outside of nodes. ..so a standard material inside of nodes is hardly a surprise that it works.

As mentioned. .skin is the one not working...While principle does. ..I was to hasty on that one.

I should have been more clear...and mention not just texturing in nodes alone...but various materials.

As mentioned. .skin is the one not working...
    So, to be clear. It isn't nodes in general being unable to display, it's just Skin and Image/Normal Samplers.
    As I said, I suspect for the former it's the mixing of colour inputs. The latter is more of an issue IMO, as it makes working with them a bit of a pain. I've FRed both of these a month ago, so let's hope 2018.1 sees a fix.
    fauxWaver \foʊ-wāv-er\, n. one who likes LightWave, but shuns car-anologies.

.so a standard material inside of nodes is hardly a surprise that it works.

As mentioned. .skin is the one not working...While principle does. ..I was to hasty on that one.

I should have been more clear...and mention not just texturing in nodes alone...but various materials.
    oh i see, nah i think i just misunderstood. my mistake but it sure would be nice if it did work

Quote Originally Posted by Asticles View Post
    Radeon?
    It works with my Radeon.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
    So, to be clear. It isn't nodes in general being unable to display, it's just Skin and Image/Normal Samplers.
    As I said, I suspect for the former it's the mixing of colour inputs. The latter is more of an issue IMO, as it makes working with them a bit of a pain. I've FRed both of these a month ago, so let's hope 2018.1 sees a fix.
    thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by sadkkf View Post
    It works with my Radeon.
    what works with Radeon? the new skin modifier? (not the old)
    or if you mean principled BSDF and standard material? those work here.so that is of no difference VS nvidia GTX

Quote Originally Posted by DogBoy View Post
    I think I went on rampage prematurely when I tried the new skin material and nodes, with reference to that nodes in general in 2015, Was not capable of showing textures if it ran through the nodes as I am aware of, so a simple image map, fed directly to color input in the old surface node, it wouldnīt show that image texture in the openGL, so after the initial new skin test and not seeing the textures, I assumed wrong in that it would be the same for 2018, but as proven..that has changed, except for the new skin material that is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast