Thread: Video clip status

Video clip status

Hi,

For a news broadcast, we are looking into using the TriCaster for mixing and video playback. Controlling would all come from external software.
    I was looking into getting information about video files, mainly whether they are available (done transferring). From what I can find there is no real watchfolder function for video files in the TriCaster.
    I was checking if it would be possible to add the file with the api command ddr_add_to_playlist and monitor the ddr_playlist for duration, but that does not update after adding the file.
    Is there anything I'm missing? Did anyone do something similar? For now it feels like we will need to use something external.

Thanks,
    Tim

If you are running Advanced Edition, there is an API that allow for this kind of information. You need to setup a 'change_notifications' websocket for communication between your application and TriCaster to get notifications when certain events happen.

The change_notifications websocket, will report back the kind of changes that occurred in the switcher. For example, when you modify something in a DDR, you will get back a 'ddr_playlist' change event then your app will need to query the ddr_playlist dictionary and look to see what the current configuration is.

I'm assuming that you have access to the SDK API, which should have this information.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane,

Thanks for the fast reply. I had to ask, but we indeed have the Advanced Edition (comes standard with the TC1 I'm told).
    Is the SDK API the same as the Remote Control SDK? That's my main resource for now.

I was also looking into the websockets, but can't get them to function. When trying to open them, it get's stuck in the connecting state.

However, this would only show when something is added in the DDR, not in the Import map. Or is there a function that adds a file in the DDR after it was copied in the import map?

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by tbemindt View Post
    I was also looking into the websockets, but can't get them to function. When trying to open them, it get's stuck in the connecting state.
    I had some help here and got the websockets to talk on the default port, not on the one given in the documentation.

Good to hear. TC1 does have Advanced Edition functionally as a standard feature.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.