Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lightwave Council

Lightwave Council

Well..just a brainstorm, might be crap

What if during development, a certain league of destinguished choosen lightwave fellows, get a chance to get feedback, and get their point of views properly heard, and as such a lightwave team would be able to get advices on workflow etc.

a setup where those selected few get to sign a NDA agreement, but with their knowledge they may help lightwave form based on what the people in this group has as a speciallty, maybe that is going on already with betatesters perhaps.

Perhaps before wrangling up a completly new engine, try to get advice from Bryphi77 and rebell hill about what nodes are essential before breaking it.
    And perhaps..if I dare to ask in humility for the privilige, maybe ask me a bit about hypervoxels workflow etc, and there is probably many more with special skills and knowledge of course.

No salery required, but perhaps a discount on future upgrades etc, or for special plugins etc.

I like the idea, Kinda like the open beta was, but with waaaay fewer testers/advisors.

But how would the council be chosen? Although, I suspect it would be those well versed in LW in general in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCurtis View Post
    I like the idea, Kinda like the open beta was, but with waaaay fewer testers/advisors.

But how would the council be chosen? Although, I suspect it would be those well versed in LW in general in the first place.
    absolutly, those who posses knowledge on a certain system perhaps, nodes, modeling, volumetrics, rigging...though Lino was brought in more closely.
    as a governing rule, what are the agenda they are working on, if they plan to do Drastic changes in how nodes, work..bring in feedback to how the special choosen one reacts to the changes or what to look out for.

Just that I see things changed that perhaps could have resulted in a Lighwave 2018 release with less broken stuff, such as nodes etc (not necessarely if now dpont himself need to update it) and perhaps the volumetric and how it used to work and what they should be careful of not to break.

If it is down to the chosen few; those that are deemed worthy, I would like to see a broader spectrum than just rendering people.

A cross sections from games, film, studios, 1 man setups and those that use LW with other 3D applications in a pipeline.

Rendering and nodes are great but there are a lot of other areas that LW needs input and focus on.

To encompass all, an open beta would be better as I am not sure how you could define such a list.

I'd like to exclude the fanboys. I don't think they really add anything useful to the development. Consecutive critics on the other hand, are far more useful as long as not insulting

Will this Council have robes and secret ceremonies?

I just assumed they already basically did that when working with some of the larger customers.

Quote Originally Posted by roboman View Post
    I just assumed they already basically did that when working with some of the larger customers.
    the robes and secret ceremonies?

I was part of the counsel of Ricks but found not to be a Rick so am not anymore. But that was a whole other reality.
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Well..just a brainstorm, might be crap

What if during development, a certain league of destinguished choosen lightwave fellows, get a chance to get feedback, and get their point of views properly heard, and as such a lightwave team would be able to get advices on workflow etc.

a setup where those selected few get to sign a NDA agreement, but with their knowledge they may help lightwave form based on what the people in this group has as a speciallty, maybe that is going on already with betatesters perhaps.

Perhaps before wrangling up a completly new engine, try to get advice from Bryphi77 and rebell hill about what nodes are essential before breaking it.
    And perhaps..if I dare to ask in humility for the privilige, maybe ask me a bit about hypervoxels workflow etc, and there is probably many more with special skills and knowledge of course.

No salery required, but perhaps a discount on future upgrades etc, or for special plugins etc.
    I think they already have that.

Entmoot
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

I vote for Rob and Lino to be elected to the Jedi Council.

They have gone to the other
    Side..
    Learn to speak with them.. you must.

We already have this, it's called Beta.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek

To expand a bit on Matt's reply, we do in fact work to get a broad range of users in the beta program, and folks who will actively give feedback and input on ways to improve the product. We also monitor public discussions on those topics, and include those in our development discussions and planning.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast