Thread: Why does frame advance when saving Lightwave scene, or rendering a frame...??

Why does frame advance when saving Lightwave scene, or rendering a frame...??

I have been using Lightwave for wayyyy long, but have bumped into a wall and am asking for help. I opened an old (2015.3??) scene to try and bring it along to 2018. When I hit F9 to render a Frame, it first has to go through all of the 120 frames in the animation range, with some kind of Deformation investigation, before attempting to render the Frame specified. Even weirder, when I click on Save Scene, it does the same thing, before it will Save the Scene??? I have currently restricted it to one frame in the range, but it still does this process upon Save. I keep looking at the settings, all over the place, no idea, anybody>>>???
    Thank you in advance for any and all assistance.
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

I appear to have "solved" this problem in this file. There were items in the 'Add Modifier' list that were not being used for each object, and I went thru and deleted them all. Next in the 'Master Plugins' there were extra Scene Editors and one other, that I have now forgotten, but now the Scene renders, just the Frame I want to test and doesn't go through the whole animation, just to Save. I think it is solved??!!
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

Quote Originally Posted by paulhart View Post
    I appear to have "solved" this problem in this file. There were items in the 'Add Modifier' list that were not being used for each object, and I went thru and deleted them all. Next in the 'Master Plugins' there were extra Scene Editors and one other, that I have now forgotten, but now the Scene renders, just the Frame I want to test and doesn't go through the whole animation, just to Save. I think it is solved??!!
    If you encounter this issue again, you might want to check whether removing the modifier(s) by themselves caused the save issue to disappear. Just having scene editors in the Master Plugins list definitely shouldn't cause what you were experiencing, but (AFAICT) having certain modifiers present could cause such behavior.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

jwiede, Thank you for the input. In true "scientific method" I changed all of the variables at once, so I have no clue, but.... I certainly appreciate your measured approach. ;->)