Thread: Hello Lightwavers

Hello Lightwavers

Hello fellow Lightwavers, I've been around for a couple of years using Lightwave, but got my license today, got a real good deal from Newtek.
    I'm a hobbyist, an old one from Norway. Being a retired programmer, I promise you, I will try to not bother you with too many questions, I'm not a 3D-pro as you are, my world has been C/C++ and assembly programming for about 40-50 years. I know its lots of good and nice people around in these forum and I wish you all the very best.
    - Svein-Erik -
    Win10 Pro Laptop I7 7700HQ 16GB NVidia 1050 TI UHD,
    Home build AMD Ryzen 7 Asus ROG Strix X470 16 GB RAM GeForce GTX 1070 TI

Welcome!!

Welcome to our funny little corner of the world. With your background you may find some opportunities to code Plugins for Lightwave. Programming with Python is growing strong, and with your C/C++ knowledge, what's another programming language anyway. If you are "really" interested, the Blender community of Open Source development is also a great opportunity to contribute your skills in an area of interest. I participate in both forums [https://blenderartists.org/forum/] and know that they would welcome you readily. Either way, or not, Lightwave is a fine tool, and asking questions is how to learn. Best to you.
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

Nice! and welcome, 2018 is a great!

Hi and welcome. It is really awesome to have a new friend like you.

Plz edit your post and remove the part that says you will not ask too much questions because it is against the laws that say lightwavers enjoy helping each other as much as they can .

Hope to see awesome results from you in near future.

TrueArt Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Farhad_azer View Post
    Plz edit your post and remove the part that says you will not ask too much questions because it is against the laws that say lightwavers enjoy helping each other as much as they can .
    Absolutely. Not helping each other is against our rules..

Quote Originally Posted by Svein-Erik View Post
    Hello fellow Lightwavers, I've been around for a couple of years using Lightwave, but got my license today, got a real good deal from Newtek.
    I'm a hobbyist, an old one from Norway. Being a retired programmer, I promise you, I will try to not bother you with too many questions, I'm not a 3D-pro as you are, my world has been C/C++ and assembly programming for about 40-50 years. I know its lots of good and nice people around in these forum and I wish you all the very best.
    - Svein-Erik -

Hi Svein,

Sounds like you could build plug ins with that track record?

We all could do with legging up Lightwave!

welcome ... please start reading Lightwave SDK we NEED your programming and you can ask whatever you want... we are living here

Welcome!
    might wanna check out... >

LightWave on Youtube
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?155728

Commercial LightWave Training
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?155723
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LW Facebook   IKBooster   My vidz