Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remeber the Joy of Six and STEVE BOWIE

Remeber the Joy of Six and STEVE BOWIE

This reminds me of LightWave v6.0. Remember how much LW6 sucked? Remember StealthNet I'll bet the Sherriff does and does not care. And I will bet he never has setup network rendering. HEY STEVE BOWIE, HELP ME setup LightWave NRC!!! Call me on the phone if you want: [removed]
    -grassy ***
    Last edited by Chuck; 05-18-2018 at 01:02 PM.

It did? I remember getting a lot of work done in 6.0 and 6.5.

Other than that...what are you trying to say?

Actually I thought LW6 was awesome. LW5.6 sucked!

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    I did quite bit of work with 5.6 & had to do some mental readjustment when 6 came out with all it's "newness".

8 however blew chunks.

A.K.A "The Silver Fox" Gungho3D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Compared to 5.0, 5.6 was "a thing of beauty" ... :-). Somehow I skipped "the joy of" series and went straight to 7 etc etc, which, yes, made 5.6 look ancient :-)

So, now we're going to have a b*tchfest about older versions of Lightwave? Wanna borrow my TurboSilver floppies?

A.K.A "The Silver Fox" Gungho3D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    So, now we're going to have a b*tchfest about older versions of Lightwave? Wanna borrow my TurboSilver floppies?
    Haha not at all. There is a reason why we've stuck with LW, it's been an affordable means of getting stuff done fast ... even if it has meant inventing a 1000 work-arounds

Quote Originally Posted by Gungho3D View Post
    Haha not at all. There is a reason why we've stuck with LW, it's been an affordable means of getting stuff done fast ... even if it has meant inventing a 1000 work-arounds
    Didn't Mao Tse-Dong say something like that? "Let a 1000 workarounds bloom"?

If we're not going to have a batchfest about ancient versions of Lightwave, can we have one about old versions of the Lightwave forum? ;-P
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldForum.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	139342

I wrote a poem about waiting on 6.1 - if you can find and sent it to me i'll pay! Really it was a good fun well written poem and it has vanished. 6.1 had some big improvements and lots of bugs squashed if memory serves.
    Shuttle XPCVista 64 bit /Core2Extreme x9650 3.00GHz 8GB GeForce 8800 GTS 512 Cintiq 21UX
    Dell 24" LCD Dell XT2 Tablet /Win 7 32 Bit /Core 2 duo SU9600 1.6 GHz 3GB / Mobil Intel 4500MHD

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    If we're not going to have a batchfest about ancient versions of Lightwave, can we have one about old versions of the Lightwave forum? ;-P
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OldForum.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	139342
    Oh, I remember when the forum was just a weekly column in the local newspaper...
    shrox www.shrox.com
    -----------------------
    Heavy Metal Landing

-----------------------
    I build the best spaceships, the biggest spaceships, they're great, you'll love them.

I remember everybody I worked with getting stressing out over using LW 6 in production. It really wasn't ready when it came out. I stayed with 5.6 for production work at the time.

LW 6.5 was a much better release and I got a ton of work done with that version.

But I didn't feel the 'joy' until LW 7 came out.

I do not know why, but there have always been problems with the even number versions
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat213 View Post
    This reminds me of LightWave v6.0. Remember how much LW6 sucked? Remember StealthNet I'll bet the Sherriff does and does not care. And I will bet he never has setup network rendering. HEY STEVE BOWIE, HELP ME setup LightWave NRC!!! Call me on the phone if you want:
    -grassy ***
    Probably some guidelines on the forum I can forward regarding appropriate use. If you are not able to locate them, happy to send along if needed. But usually a basic tenet is not insulting people.
    Sr. Director, Marketing Services
    NewTek
    San Antonio, TX

I am very sorry about that. Clearly I wish I could delete my posts of grief but the moderator will not allow that. My goodness the manic highs from using LightWave 25 years are ecstatic! Unfortunately, the lows are dark and ugly and when my network render controller does not work I feel like everything is over and I've been unfairly cast into an abyss where I will never, ever network render again... Turns out I just had to tweak the path for plug-ins and LW2018 NRC was working, but still it would suddenly drop render nodes and could not render multiple scenes in a queue. So I tried NRC for LW2018, but now I am back to BNR 7.15. Still having problems network rendering LW2018 darnit. Don't know if I'm becoming an expert or an idiot. Grateful I can still network render LW2015.3 with BNR 7.15 but I will keep tinkering with LW2018 for this is where I want to be… or not to be? No that's not the question. I want to be in LW2018 network rendering on 10 nodes like I've been doing with LightWave for years and years. Thank you for understanding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast