Thread: LW2018 Network Render Controller I will pay $500 to get it working!!!!

LW2018 Network Render Controller I will pay $500 to get it working!!!!

Does anyone know how to make this work. I am stuck at plugins red light!

I am pretty good at following instructions but I cannot get passed the plugins. I will pay you $500.00 to help me get NRC2018.0 working.

I haven't played with the new network render, but my experiments with the old told me the plugins directory was not as much of an issue as you would think. Most plugins are NOT needed by screamnet, just ones dealing with rendering. It also expects the directory in the same location, UNLESS you tell it different. My guess, find the directory that your plugins are installed in. (fastest way is to try edit plug ing and find where they live). Now make sure THAT dir is a shared dir that all nodes can see. Link your nodes to that directory. I will do some experiments and get back as soon as I can.

It is borked at the moment. LW3DG are informed about it.
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

I found it fiddly to set up, but once it is it is a nice, simple controller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cageman View Post
    It is borked at the moment. LW3DG are informed about it.
    I'm just testing a render on it now. What's b0rked?
    fauxWaver \foʊ-wāv-er\, n. one who likes LightWave, but shuns car-anologies.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	117 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	139319

Fiddly but up and running. As you can see from the attachment I shared the Lightwave config files without moving them and copy-pasted all the plugins and modules to another share.

The plugins wouldn't work unless it had the following structure: "/windows/support/plugins" and "/windows/support/modules".

Made sure every computer has full read/write permissions for each folder and are in the same workgroup.

I'm hoping Stephen, creator of Amleto render can update his render commander, it almost works.
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

some people might be experiencing share problems as windows recently screwed up sharing, since 1709 i cant share anything to other pcs, tvs or android unless its through a third party, or stuff that's in WMP share, standard windows shared folders no longer work, and no fix looking on the windows forums,
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by 2create View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	117 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	139319

Fiddly but up and running. As you can see from the attachment I shared the Lightwave config files without moving them and copy-pasted all the plugins and modules to another share.

The plugins wouldn't work unless it had the following structure: "/windows/support/plugins" and "/windows/support/modules".

Made sure every computer has full read/write permissions for each folder and are in the same workgroup.

I'm hoping Stephen, creator of Amleto render can update his render commander, it almost works.
    +1 for Amleto. It's just so easy.

This Thread on Lightwiki may help its by Chris Bronson

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

lets know if helpful?

Although is throws up some errors Amleto does still work for me.

Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

When I set mine up it did not work at first as it was using apple's program "bonjour" to communicate. I unchecked that and used standard network protocols and it worked.