Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with getting the new NRC setup working in 2018.0 (Network Render Controller)

after spending some time, All seems OK now: plugin dot is green, and the 'manage plugin' button shows green dots : when i send a scene to NRC, the scene is well shown in NRC windows, but... it doesn't render ! (and the 'render scene' remains grey whatever i do !) here is attached a screen grab ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	229.7 KB 
ID:	139677  
    Last edited by vipvip242; 01-23-2018 at 01:13 AM.
    Le Jardin Digital - Créations 3D / Design /Films - www.lejardindigital.fr

OK, now at this point, all is working : i've copied the "support" directory of lightwave 2018.01 into the netwok location //network/drive-letter/plugins/windows, when i launch a scene from lightwave to NRC, it works, but there is now another problem : when adding a second scene ,while the first is rendering, when the first one is finished, this second one doesn't start automaticaly : it is strange because i've validated this option in the prefs menu of the NRC controler...

Quote Originally Posted by vipvip242 View Post
    OK, now at this point, all is working : i've copied the "support" directory of lightwave 2018.01 into the netwok location //network/drive-letter/plugins/windows, when i launch a scene from lightwave to NRC, it works, but there is now another problem : when adding a second scene ,while the first is rendering, when the first one is finished, this second one doesn't start automaticaly : it is strange because i've validated this option in the prefs menu of the NRC controler...
    I've had the same experience and found no way around it as yet. I'm also not able to assign new nodes or re-assign nodes after a render has started.
    Personal: louisdumont.com | Company: weareformation.com | Texture: supertextures.co.uk | Visiting Short: visitingshort.com

I have the problem that I have finally gotten it to start and all was going well until I checked on it the next day and node 2 says ready but is not being handed a frame to render. I cannot figure it out.

This needs to go smoother. I submitted a report in hopes that this does not affect others.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	114 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	139728

I am working with newtek on this. If this happens to anybody the best recommendation is to restart your node computer. I had to restart everything and start again but now all 3 nodes are stuck on the same scene.
    It is my hope that things will improve since I took the plunge and upgraded.

Thanks Guys,
    i'm happy to see i'm not alone

Is anybody else having this problem where the render nodes stop in the middle of the render? It is like the controller is not telling them to start another frame. It just sits there forever and now I only have one node working. This is the second time this has happened.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	67 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	139770

I don't know if it related to the problem you are experiencing, but when i use 2018.0.1 my renders start to resolve, but half way through go black, starting in the middle of the screen. I have reported it, but as of yet got no response from the dev team, to indicate that it will be resolved. I hope it will

Just an update. I have tried different scenes and I still get nodes saying ready but not getting information sent to render. I have to admit this is a deal breaker if this is not fixed in what I hope is a soon release. If I cannot render out my animations what is the point of the cool new features in Lightwave 2018.

I just recently updated my host PC with 2018.0.2 and many of my original issues have been fixed. I no longer have to babysit the render nodes by either rebooting them or restarting the services remotely. Scenes render completely now, even if a node in progress goes down or disconnects from the Controller. @vipvip242, the Controller still doesn't appear to handle the completing of one scene and starting of another one well. I had nodes assigned to two scenes and they failed to start the second scene when the first finished. I had to manually select the nodes again and hit "Start selected nodes." I'm sure this will get resolved in an update soon.

BTW, the nodes are still installed under the 2018.0 release and are working fine with the 2018.0.2 Host Controller! Whew!

Hey all,

I finally wrote the long-awaited tutorial for NRC - here: https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display...8/NRC+Tutorial. At the bottom of the page, I have some troubleshooting questions and responses. If you can think of others - or indeed any other problems with the tutorial, please let me know in this thread.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

The tutorial is really helpful. Thank you for that.
    But I have one question. In the past we had to change the paths in the config files manually to the corresponding network drive when we used the old ScreamerNet. When I read your tutorial correctly it is done automatically now since you do not mention it, when using a homogeneous network. I do not get it to work until I edit the config files in the new location with a text editor and change all local paths to the network paths.
    The "Manage plugins" button only shows a few entries regarding the support/modules location and does not change the paths in the LWEXT....cfg file, so render nodes can not find the plugins until I edit it manually. Is this a known bug in 2018.0.2 or am I doing something wrong?
    LightWave 3D 2019 (Win64)

I think you are possibly doing something wrong? Using the Manage Plugins panel you can change the paths for the plugins using the dropdown that has Replace all Paths in it (use the option you need). Show me a screenshot of what you are getting and I can better help.

B

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I really want stuff to add to the FAQ at the bottom of the tutorial to make sure I catch all the problems people are having and describe the solution. Yours would be one, if you agree

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

Sure, you can add it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeVee View Post
    I think you are possibly doing something wrong? Using the Manage Plugins panel you can change the paths for the plugins using the dropdown that has Replace all Paths in it (use the option you need). Show me a screenshot of what you are getting and I can better help.

B

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I really want stuff to add to the FAQ at the bottom of the tutorial to make sure I catch all the problems people are having and describe the solution. Yours would be one, if you agree

B
    Thank you!
    LightWave 3D 2019 (Win64)

Why slave node doesn't validate environment?

Hi!
    I probably have a configuration problem. The first node is the one that runs Lightwave. All points are green
    The second slave node doesn't validate environment. All points are red.
    Does anyone have a suggestion?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-01 at 1.45.27 AM.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	140977

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast