Thread: Zoom set up and save w/ macro

Zoom set up and save w/ macro

Good Day,

Hope someone can help me out, also sorry if this has already been answered I tried searching with no results.

So I am very green at this, but we have a Tricaster 8000, and our team has 2 sessions for different shows, and we use livesets,

So our issue is we have 2 zooms in one show and 1 in the other, and we set them up in the Liveset Shot, 1 and 2 and it will work for the show, but
    when we exit out and come back it does not retain the shot. Same for the other show. So they thought they could make it a macro that would set it up.

So we set up all up recorded it, but when we run the macro it just does the zoom but Liveset Shot 1 and 2 buttons have no information saved for the zoom.

Am I fighting a battle that can not be won, or am I just missing a step?

Thanks for your help.

When I'm setting up zooms in our 460 AE I use the comp window. I take a snapshot of it zoom out and in the next comp window take a snapshot after I've zoomed in.

Go here and watch the Virtual Sets Video

https://www.newtek.com/support/certi...s/tcae-videos/
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontwannabfired View Post
    Good Day,

Hope someone can help me out, also sorry if this has already been answered I tried searching with no results.

So I am very green at this, but we have a Tricaster 8000, and our team has 2 sessions for different shows, and we use livesets,

So our issue is we have 2 zooms in one show and 1 in the other, and we set them up in the Liveset Shot, 1 and 2 and it will work for the show, but
    when we exit out and come back it does not retain the shot. Same for the other show. So they thought they could make it a macro that would set it up.

So we set up all up recorded it, but when we run the macro it just does the zoom but Liveset Shot 1 and 2 buttons have no information saved for the zoom.

Am I fighting a battle that can not be won, or am I just missing a step?

Thanks for your help.
    Standard Edition or Advance Edition software?
    Same exact Session when you say "exit out and come back"?
    Have you made sure you have the latest version of software installed?
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Thanks for the replies,

Yea I am setting up like the video showed. Putting each virtual camera position in.
    I can flesh this out a little more, I have learned that if I do not change the virtual set for that M/E and I exit the session, (and yes I mean exit out, the session so I could load another session, like our morning show or night show. Sorry was not clear on that.) it will save the virtual camera potions and they will be there when I open that session back up, but if I change the virtual set in the M/E, it then loses all camera positions, which is fine, because this is why I was hoping that a macro could fix this issues, but when I record the motions for setting up the new live set, putting each virtual camera into potion, then stopping the record for the macro. None of the camera positions seem to save in the macro, you can see where it picks the live set, and the inputs, but all the positions are not there.

I think you are correct in this, inasmuch as swapping out the LiveSet will dump all of its position data; if I'm not mistaken, though, you could use (M/E MEM) Export and Import from the Comp bin to help in your quest.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I think you are correct in this, inasmuch as swapping out the LiveSet will dump all of its position data; if I'm not mistaken, though, you could use (M/E MEM) Export and Import from the Comp bin to help in your quest.
    Thanks I am looking into Comps now, maybe that might be the solution!

Just to clarify, M/E MEMs can be imported and exported, and retain Comp info - but Comps themselves cannot.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

everyone should be using M/E MEMs! learn to export and import from session to session! its live changing!
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]

Quote Originally Posted by JonRaidel View Post
    everyone should be using M/E MEMs! learn to export and import from session to session! its live changing!
    Is there a thread on M/E MEMs, or Tip Jar video?

not sure but there should be!

pending which version of Tricaster you have, you can configure your M/E to whatever default setting youd like to save it as.

On the UI - On the left of the M/E there are 9 preset boxes that popup when you hover over the corner of the M/E. you can click this box to save those settings.
    Right Click the box to either Import/Export the preset memory. in this case export and it saves as a .pst or in newer models .emem file.

take this a step further and you can program a macro to load this EMEM file into whatever M/E you would like
    Gear Used:
    TCXD 8000
    3Play 4800
    VizRT IP 2-Channel
    Panasonic HDX 900 Cameras
    NDI Connect Pro
    Graphic Outfitters ScoreHD
    Graphic Outfitters Scorebridge
    Livetext 3 w/ LT [Scoreboards 2]

Just to mention it, note that if your TriCaster has the PREVIZ feature, you can use this as an ersatz clipboard to transfer the setup of one M/E to one or more others, without bothering with MEMs when you just need a quick snapshot.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JonRaidel View Post
    not sure but there should be!

pending which version of Tricaster you have, you can configure your M/E to whatever default setting youd like to save it as.

On the UI - On the left of the M/E there are 9 preset boxes that popup when you hover over the corner of the M/E. you can click this box to save those settings.
    Right Click the box to either Import/Export the preset memory. in this case export and it saves as a .pst or in newer models .emem file.

take this a step further and you can program a macro to load this EMEM file into whatever M/E you would like
    Thanks Jon for the how-to. I'll give it a try.

I'll try that way too, I'll follow your actions, thank you Jon.

Android tv