Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your LW2018 Test Renders

Quote Originally Posted by vashts View Post
    Hello everyone,
    here is a render test of a personal project I'm working on in those weeks, pushing on scene complexity, heavy polycount and lot of instances. No post, just the render straight out of LW.
    Attachment 139520

Cheers!

G
    Very nice, impressive with the tiny moss, is that the new fiberfx system, or instances polys?
    The only thing that doesn´t match, that is the backdrop image, if you can..throw in full cg environment instead to keep the match with what is real and not.

Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post
    Here you go - Octane render - 3,508 x 2,480 - two 1080Ti (not overclocked but I could do if needed). 5.3Gb memory used, 3.7Gb memory free. 12.1 million tri polys. 2h 52m.

It's a lovely render... but I feel like the lighting is killing the shadows. Without darker shadows, it feels like there's no depth and makes the scene look a wee bit flat. Especially under the foliage... I feel like there should be more overlap and the shadows should extend farther out.

When I look at the door overhang, I can see the edge of the shadow leading out from the overhang along the wall. Then I look at the flowers and I expect to see a similar angle to their shadows on the ground in relation to their height, but the shadows are so washed out that you don't really get that. I expect to see more shadow under / between the crowded flowers, but it isn't there.

Just my two cents... it is a very nice render.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Very nice, impressive with the tiny moss, is that the new fiberfx system, or instances polys?
    The only thing that doesn´t match, that is the backdrop image, if you can..throw in full cg environment instead to keep the match with what is real and not.
    Yes, as said in the previous post, it's a work in progress and the background image is there for illumination only, and it will replaced by real geometry. Moss is a real 3d mesh modeled by me in several variations and instanced on a simplified mesh of the wood. Will post some progresses when available.

G
    My website: Geba.it
    LightWave Italian Community: LWITA.com

Here is my first try with the new volumetric primitive

I got so much difficulty achieving the clouds arround the earth and especially when landing on earth the clouds are not realist and appear smear. The gradient node are difficult to setup because the gradient values are so close that is impossible to tweak perfectly. Maybe somebody have good advices i wondering to get better clouds and less flat when viewed from space.

https://vimeo.com/252071811

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Photogram; 01-21-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    Dual Xeon E5-2670 2.6 GHZ // 64 gig DDR 3 // 32 cores // Windows 10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kopperdrake View Post

Here you go - Octane render - 3,508 x 2,480 - two 1080Ti (not overclocked but I could do if needed). 5.3Gb memory used, 3.7Gb memory free. 12.1 million tri polys. 2h 52m.

That image was rendered in 2015 correct???
    Intel Core i7-980, OC 4.7ghz water cooled.
    Gigabyte x58-UD3R with an Intell SSD 180GIG
    RamCorsair-DDR3-1600-32GIG
    Nvidia Titan Z, x 2 And 1 GTX-1080 by Gigabyte.
    4xEnterprise/WDVelociRaptor®300gig

@Photogram :
    I don't think LW is made for that type of precision that is needed for that type of rendering. I've already tried it myself, and while I did manage to get some limits on the clouds.. they just ended up looking incredibly basic. Afaik, only a game engine, or Terragen are capable of truly flying from space to earth soil.. and still look great. But I would happily be corrected if someone knows of a way to achieve that?

in order to get it to look realistic, scaling and all other aspects needs to be taken in account, ogo taiki did that, with infinite cloud layers, and proper scale, so that turns out realistic when you go below, under clouds and move out to space, trying to do that with spherical nulls, and at a lower size?? too much hazzle I think without even getting close

A lot of beautiful renders, however, is anybody looking at different Passes and getting Black as the output.
    I have another thread about this, but everybody seems to be hanging out on this thread . . . so, please check your Passes Buffers in VPR.
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....direct-Raw_RGB
    An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind... Gandhi/MLKing
    Greater consciousness is worth the effort. Be aware.... so sayest the Animated Fool ~ HARTWORKS www.hartworks.net

Last of the Catgirls...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bkrys_ffx_005_q85.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	139653
    For the information not listed on the image...
    Samples : Min 4, Max 6, Gaussian. Rad. =.5
    Reflective 2, Refractive 1, SSS 2
    1 Direct Light, Samples 4

I applied some of the information from the Arnold For Freelancers video someone linked to.
    I've actually managed to get this image down to 9m30s, by only changing the tile size... to 1K x 1K.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Quote Originally Posted by zapper1998 View Post
    That image was rendered in 2015 correct???
    Yes - just there to show how quick Octane is for the chap who asked. I've bought 2018, but haven't looked at it as a new renderer isn't a priority for me just yet. I *should* look at it, but I've so many long term ongoing projects that have been done with Octane or the old renderer, that to add a third to the offering would be a bit of a nightmare currently. One day
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

Some render tests using the environment light. This is probably as much testing as I'm going to do with LW 2018, There are some things I like about the new system. I was really hoping that doing this I'd get an appreciation of why I needed to upgrade, but that didn't really happen so I'm still undecided.

Name:	Merc_011.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	958.0 KB 
ID:	139655 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merc_012a.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	427.1 KB 
ID:	139656 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merc_010a.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	399.2 KB 
ID:	139657

These were slow renders with high sampling and noise is still evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Last of the Catgirls...

I applied some of the information from the Arnold For Freelancers video someone linked to.
    Can you provide the link, please?
    Ground control to Major Tom

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....ender-settings

Here you go. Namely, it was how the number of sample rays got computed that led me to choose the numbers I did, including the light samples.
    The big difference is we have no diffuse sample multiplier (If we do, it's not clearly labeled as such...)
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

Frost-zilla

I love the kooky monster Newtek gave us a fully rigged version of in their free samples of LW 2018 scenes. Here I took original skin off and replaced it with DELTA in a grey color with 50% transparency. Really neat watching it walk around animated this way.

I like these new visible sphere lights but I don't understand why they are always white. I've tried using nodes to change the color but they spheres are always white. Here you can tell they should be red and blue.

Attachment 139666

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Last of the Catgirls...

For the information not listed on the image...
    Samples : Min 4, Max 6, Gaussian. Rad. =.5
    Reflective 2, Refractive 1, SSS 2
    1 Direct Light, Samples 4

I've actually managed to get this image down to 9m30s, by only changing the tile size... to 1K x 1K.
    Is it just me, or is the aliasing wreaking havoc with your image? I keep seeing far too harsh (anti)aliasing in just about all the 2018 renders. Most renders look unconvincing in terms of quality for this reason.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast