Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New video training for 2018

I also sent him a message last week but have got no reply as yet, guess he must be really busy. I'm sure the course will be worth the wait.
    Adrian.

"Dreams are good, but memories are better"

I reached out to hima nd didn't et a reply.

So, is RH not responding because he is working diligently 24/7 on producing the best Lightwave 2018 training video series possible, or has he succumbed to NewTek Syndrome?

Which is based in reality and which is paranoid conspiratorial delusions based on nothing but randomly misfiring synapses?

Jeez, Liberty 3D just annoounced Adam Gibson's 2nd Lightwave 2018 training video!

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Jeez, Liberty 3D just annoounced Adam Gibson's 2nd Lightwave 2018 training video!
    Not to bust Kelly's rice bowl, but after buying an AG tute series, I wouldn't waste any money on another.

If you're going to buy anything, get RR's or RH's offerings, or any other fine L3D instructor.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

It takes a while before he responds. But he does reply eventually. Could take up to 4 days in my experience. That's just how he does it.

Something where everyone can play!

It's not giving anything away in mentioning that a couple of the public videos are teasers for what RH's series mainly deals with, namely lighting & surfacing. He even shows where the asset & textures for the main project are, readily available free from Video CoPilot. But the actually rigging of the character in LW itself isn't. It's also one of those spots where Mr. Hill has chosen to do a “and then magic happens” 'cuz this series is about lighting & surfacing! I'm also kinda hoping it'll be one of those supplementary updates to the final product we're all rumoring he's feverishly working on.

Anyway, thought that would be pretty simple to whang together (Come on, it's two spheres!), but turns out to be a bit more complex when on a curved path. I might need to fiddle around with Relativity again to relearn it, but sure there are a number cleaver ways out there for correctly rolling a sphere anywhere along a plane.

Part of the problem for me is finding readily available reference clips (found some really hideous attempts) where BB isn't just going in a straight line. That I've got and for RH's tutorial that's really all that's needed. But wouldn't it be nice to have that extra control if you've gone to all the other effort to surface the character?

I suppose some who are diligent might as well just go ahead and noodle all that out while waiting. You're going to want to anyway right, and be that much farther along when RH finally does deem it time to pull back the curtains? And if all that just happens to get discussed or exampled here in the forum ...

Let me know what ya come up with. I get to go buy new puppy toys now.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Not to bust Kelly's rice bowl, but after buying an AG tute series, I wouldn't waste any money on another.

If you're going to buy anything, get RR's or RH's offerings, or any other fine L3D instructor.
    I try to avoid negative waves, but yeah. AG is probably one of the nicest guys I'd ever meet but I cannot sit through any of his videos. The few I obtained before I removed him from my Xmas card list I've heavily edited to remove the roughly 60% of chaff from what wheat he provides.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Still no email from Ryan. Has anyone heard anything?

So, is RH not responding because he is working diligently 24/7 on producing the best Lightwave 2018 training video series possible, or has he succumbed to NewTek Syndrome?

Which is based in reality and which is paranoid conspiratorial delusions based on nothing but randomly misfiring synapses?

I also emailed him, back on 05/06, looking for info on how to get the training. No response. Craig, if you read this thread, perhaps a single response to the thread would be good? (i.e. I don't need a response to my email, just want to get the training materials when available, and saw no direct info on your site). Hope he's not in the hospital or something...

Still no email from Ryan. Has anyone heard anything?
    You never stated what you needed.

I'm currently doing some work for Universal Studios, I can't say much more than that. If you need something, i'll do what I can but no promises.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

bought RHA a few days ago, no download link yet,
    will wait a few more days before i email.

he is probably a bit busy.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    bought RHA a few days ago, no download link yet,
    will wait a few more days before i email.

he is probably a bit busy.
    Yup, same here. I hope everything is okay. Seems he's been unreachable for a while now according to this thread.
    Last edited by Morbius; 05-19-2018 at 04:40 PM.
    ~gp~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Roye View Post
    You never stated what you needed.

I'm currently doing some work for Universal Studios, I can't say much more than that. If you need something, i'll do what I can but no promises.
    Hi, Ryan.

As I understand it, people who had purchased tools and/or training materials directly from you had received an email containing a link that allowed them to sign up/prepay for an early bird special on your LW 2018 training videos. Since I had purchased your stuff in a super-deluxe package deal from Liberty 3D, I sent you my email address and explanation, hoping you would respond with the aforementioned link.

Working on something for Universal Studios is, of course, a perfectly valid reason for delay, but now I have more things to anticipate!

Whht's your hassle there Jeric?
    Just because after 20+ years of using this product or whatever it is you still can't get your head wrapped around stuff doesn't mean you have to dump all over someone else.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

I'm working on my second 2018 specific title now which is a new Practical Production Technqiues installment. I released "Fusion for LightWave3D Artists (2018)" Vol 6 earlier this week.
    Our sale is on right now, so by all means have at it. Use the code: L3D8YEARSSTRONG and get the customary 25% off.
    DJ Lithium | KAT! =^..^=

Black Tiger Recordings
    http://www.blacktigerrecordings.com
    Founder and Citizen of Liberty3d.com
    www.liberty3d.com

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast