Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New video training for 2018

I sent an email a while back just to say hey but didn't get a reply. I hoped he was just very busy on a job or something.

Glad to hear he's still busy working on the training material. What he's released so far as a 'preview' edition for previous customers is terrific.

Hopefully, we'll be hear from him in these forums soon.

Well, another week has passed and I have sent another email but have heard nothing from Craig at Rebelhill. The reason I have been trying to contact him is that on 14th June I was finally in a position to take up the Early Bird Special Offer he sent me an invite to a while back. I sent him a payment through Paypal and have heard nothing from him since. Over two weeks and three emails later, I have yet to hear from him which is a little worrying. If I was too late to take up the offer, fair enough but I would like to know if this is the case. Right now, he has some of my money and I do not have access to the tutorials beyond the free foundation videos on his public You Tube channel. So if anyone knows how to get in touch with Craig, please say something.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

RebelHill is an integral bloke and will only be silent for a valid reason, which I hope is nothing bad.

Just a thought if anyone else has any views on this - as a one-off, theoretically if Qexit PMs me a valid Paypal receipt confirming payment to RebelHill, I could maybe copy him over what I have, which are not the final versions which I understand Craig is still working on. Would that be legal (or right) ? I hope it wouldn't drop either of us in it, since the circumstances would only be to take the pressure off Craig and help a 'Waver out.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 07-02-2018 at 07:04 AM.

I only just fully understood the post, and can now see a specific decision is needed by RebelHill to see if the Early Bird was still in effect. Sorry for confusing things.

I'm kind of in the same boat at Qexit. I've decided to wait patiently...

I more or less went through the same routine when I made my order a couple months back. Made payment to Paypal fiirst using the info from the Early Bird mailing. Got the Paypal receipt then heard nothing for a few weeks. Sent a couple messages over the next few days to him and nada. Since I had a month or so to cancel & get refund through PayPal, I decided to just be patient. Then after several weeks, out of the Blue I get an apologetic reply and the d/l link info.

So, I don't know what to suggest to you folks. Seems that this has become his pattern currently so unless someone knows RH personally & can wander over to his place & lure him out with a pint of ale and find out what's going on, it's going to be a waiting game it seems.

And as I've mentioned, the lions share of the series is already on his tube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY3K...MnKF7-4W84I5Tz

Don't try to binge watch; there are a lot of tedious sections, but then there'll be some uHH!! moments that you should rewatch & take notes on specifically with using LW2018 & the new surfacing & lighting, hence the name of the series.

You of course don't have the specifics on the surfacing of the BB-8 droid that are in the purchased package. What I received didn't have any scene assests or objects. The model itself is freely, readily available but there are some things one needs to know working with the texture files that he goes into. He also Deus Ex Machina-ed the actual rigging of the droid for movement (there's literally a less than 2 second shot of his spreadsheet heirarchy), and I'm hoping he goes into what he did for that with any supplementary updates. I went with a suggested technique using Bullet which works in the end, but is painfully slow to work with and has other limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    And as I've mentioned, the lions share of the series is already on his tube channel....
    The Foundations series is...I think that's always been on YouTube. This set has 13 videos in the download edition.

The video series that is not on YouTube is the early-bird edition of Lighting, Shading, and Rendering Set 1, which is really what you're paying for. This series is less about general concepts more specifically about using LightWave 2018. I'm not sure if he's expanded this series yet. The Set 1 I currently have is 12 additional videos + 3 BB8 example videos. (Not sure if more have been added since January.)

Excellent series so far, btw. Hopefully, the public release and more videos are on their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    The Foundations series is...I think that's always been on YouTube. This set has 13 videos in the download edition.

The video series that is not on YouTube is the early-bird edition of Lighting, Shading, and Rendering Set 1, which is really what you're paying for. This series is less about general concepts more specifically about using LightWave 2018. I'm not sure if he's expanded this series yet. The Set 1 I currently have is 12 additional videos + 3 BB8 example videos. (Not sure if more have been added since January.)

Excellent series so far, btw. Hopefully, the public release and more videos are on their way.
    How'd you tackle BB8's rigging?

Got an email from Craig a short time ago with links to download the initial videos and one project, so all is well.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Great stuff. I'm sure he's cooking something good.

See? Someone went & put a pint of ale out on the curb & he finally had to come up for air.

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Got an email from Craig a short time ago with links to download the initial videos and one project, so all is well.
    I'm still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    I'm still waiting...
    How long has it been?
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    How long has it been?
    I got an email from him with a link to the early bird page on June 6th and made payment on the 12th, so about a month.

...or 2 months. Did anyone else hear from RH? I emailed him about a week ago. I still have not heard anything back.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast