Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New video training for 2018

RHSR Levelling up

Just the boost I needed. Binged the RH Foundation and RH Shading and Rendering. The most important thing i wanted to learn, RH covered: Rendering optimization and how you should apply proper sampling techniques. The right way!

Color spaces video clarified everything for me.
    I now know how to watch my surface settings, environment, and how to apply sensible and balanced-out AA and other sampling settings, and when and why to apply GI.

After a few optimizations I noticed immediate gains in render speeds.

RH, you did a clear and to the point video series of what you actually need to know about LW2018.

If you really want to level up and actually know what you're doing, RHSR did it for me.

I just logged in to say.... after watching the first six videos I'M SO GLAD I UPGRADED TO LW2018!!!!

I can only imagine there will be some comments on the other 3D app boards about the stunning new renders, evidenced in part by these videos.

THANK YOU!!!

I got my copy of the RH_LSR videos only a few days ago and have already had quite a few ah-HA moments. I'm still a few chapters away before the BB_Droid series but had a couple questions.

First, there's a brief mention of working with IES lights in 06_Intensity_and_Luminosity and in your vid it shows having the Visible to Camera option on. In LW 2018.3, it shows as a grayed out option with an ies selected, although I can still click a black check mark. Is that a change or have I stummbled onto a bug or is there some setting I've missed in another panel?

A couple of the vids mention some content but there wasn't any in the zip files. Not a major problem really, (already had the BB-Droid from Video Copilot) but just don't like missing out on anything I should have received.

Anyone got a link for buying these videos, thanks
    Dell XPS 15
    15.6-inch (3840 x 2160) 4K 282ppi IPS LCD
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

+1

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    Anyone got a link for buying these videos, thanks
    Are you referring to the instructions shown in the very first post of this topic?
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    Are you referring to the instructions shown in the very first post of this topic?
    Ummm, that's only for the older Nodal tutorial series. The newer one is called RH_LSR (Lighting, Shading, Rendering) and I guess RH hasn't released to the general population just yet it seems. Not listed on his web site anyway. You can watch a lot of it on the youtube link though.

The "Early Bird" special was done via e-mail to past customers as mentioned, but that bird's getting a bit "long in the beak". With renewed activity on this thread though, perhaps that will spur him along.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    No that's the free YT ones, i as after the ones Craig did for sale. The link is to his RHN nodal training which i have.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

I don't think he's officially released them to the general public yet.

The current 'preview' version of the course is sold only to previous RH customers. I believe he's still recording new videos but what's there now is already well worth purchasing. Most previous customers automatically got an email offer, but I had to request mine, so you might want to shoot him an email.

Yeah Greenlaw, i will send Craig an email as i did not get one from him.
    Dell XPS 15
    Intel i7 7700HQ 2.8GHz
    Windows 10 64Bit
    NVidia GeForce GTX 1050
    1TB SDD
    32Gb Ram

LightWave 2020

Very nice Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMarchant View Post
    No that's the free YT ones, i as after the ones Craig did for sale. The link is to his RHN nodal training which i have.
    I was not referring to any link. I was pointing you to RH's instruction to contact him...as he stated in the first post. Use this forum's direct messaging or email him.
    LW4, 7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

I emailed RH, telling him I had bought all his stuff in a bundle sale on Liberty 3D, and wanted in on the early bird special for current customers. He replied to my email, but no link to click on and give him money.

So, how do I get the "preview" version of the course, should I get it, or should I wait for the "official" release?

Mistah Kahtter, I'm so confused!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    I emailed RH, telling him I had bought all his stuff in a bundle sale on Liberty 3D, and wanted in on the early bird special for current customers. He replied to my email, but no link to click on and give him money.

So, how do I get the "preview" version of the course, should I get it, or should I wait for the "official" release?

Mistah Kahtter, I'm so confused!!!
    Are you sure there isn't a link in the email ? The message I got had a text string starting 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin' which you have to copy and past into a web bowser rather than just click on a link in the email. Just a thought.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

I checked. All the email had was

Got it!

-Ryan Roye

I had emailed him at the address in his email when I had questions about installing his rigging tools I had bought in a Liberty 3D bundle special. I also tried emailing him at the contact address on his website, but so far, bupkis.

Why can't I give him my money!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Why can't I give him my money!?!?!?
    Well obviously, he's so filthy rich by now that money no longer has any meaning.

Either that or he's just so swamped time-wise & hasn't figured out how to instance himself in the real world.

Ya, it took me sending a couple of messages and a week+ of waiting for him to get back so I guess just be patient.

I've been waiting for him to surface here though as I'm on the BB-Droid section of the training & have some questions that I think only he can answer. I'll post a separate message a bit later in any case.
    Last edited by Ma3rk; 04-16-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast