Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New video training for 2018

Hmm, sounds like Craig really needs a better way to deliver training material.

Craig, if you read this, I can help you out with this massively. Give me a shout.
    BRACE MEDIA
    Ensuring every picture tells your story.

New Brace Media website

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    ...or 2 months. Did anyone else hear from RH? I emailed him about a week ago. I still have not heard anything back.
    that sucks. not good no matter how busy someone is. I'd be pretty fo with that service

Well, I did not want to turn my post into complaint about the quality of service from RH. it's been indicated several times on this forum that is it usually one of the best. There is a probably a valid reason for the delay, I was just wondering if anyone knows anything.

Just wondering does anyone know if RH will post the latest training on his website or on Liberty3D?

Quote Originally Posted by acharris View Post
    Just wondering does anyone know if RH will post the latest training on his website or on Liberty3D?
    I don't think anybody knows anything at this point.

I've just emailed Craig asking him to please either reply to me with a real status update, or to this thread (passed along a link).
    This is reminding me too much of the dreadful LW3DG silence of last year.
    Art, I think it is time we did start complaining about the lack of information or responsiveness. I've been 2 months now past paying with nothing to show for it. All it would take is one information update to this thread to let us know where things stand.

Quote Originally Posted by tburbage View Post
    I don't think anybody knows anything at this point.

I've just emailed Craig asking him to please either reply to me with a real status update, or to this thread (passed along a link).
    This is reminding me too much of the dreadful LW3DG silence of last year.
    Art, I think it is time we did start complaining about the lack of information or responsiveness. I've been 2 months now past paying with nothing to show for it. All it would take is one information update to this thread to let us know where things stand.
    I agree. I also bought the early-bird special, expecting something awesome down the road.

Stipulated, there can be any number of valid reasons -- medical (God forbid!!), priority projects ("Sorry, folks, but I've been doing the SFX in LW2018 for 'Justice League Vs Avengers' by myself, and they're all due by October 2018!"), NDA ("NewTek is promising a monster overhaul of LW2018, fixing everybody's bitchlist, and I'm holding off until I get a stable release"), or just Life, which is what happens while you're busy making other plans. Just tell us SOMETHING!

Meanwhile, Adam Gibson keeps releasing HIS LW2018 training videos. Are you gonna let him get away with that, Craig?

Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    I agree. I also bought the early-bird special, expecting something awesome down the road.

Stipulated, there can be any number of valid reasons -- medical (God forbid!!), priority projects ("Sorry, folks, but I've been doing the SFX in LW2018 for 'Justice League Vs Avengers' by myself, and they're all due by October 2018!"), NDA ("NewTek is promising a monster overhaul of LW2018, fixing everybody's bitchlist, and I'm holding off until I get a stable release"), or just Life, which is what happens while you're busy making other plans. Just tell us SOMETHING!

Meanwhile, Adam Gibson keeps releasing HIS LW2018 training videos. Are you gonna let him get away with that, Craig?

This has been going on for some time now though, so the list of "good" reasons rapidly diminishes.

Where else does he frequent? Has he appeared there recently? Does he do Facebook for example?

Since there are Wavers in GB, I'd think they'd have a better chance of maybe doing some more than casual inquiries if none of the above doesn't pan out.

Just my 2¢.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

An update would be handy, especially from anyone who keeps in touch with him. I hope he himself is okay.
    "Once one can articulate an important idea into a concise statement, then one can use the statement and not have to have the fear of changing behavior." - Ed Catmull on Pixar creativity

Wanted to bump this thread. I also emailed Chris and got no response.
    13Jan2020: Lightwave 2019.1.4 Build 3133, win10 pro 1909 build 535, AMD Ryzen 1800+, 64 GB mem, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 ti v441.81 (13Jan2020)

I've just sent Craig a final email request for either product or real status info, and will reluctantly be working through PayPal or my credit card to seek a refund if that is not forthcoming.
    I'm still hoping he surfaces because I thought his RHA, RHR, and RHN series were well structured, well thought out, and thorough. As mentioned in a previous post, my suggestion was for a simple status update post to this thread which could "clear the air".

Steve B, you might want to move this thread to 3rd Party. The topic is a "LW user community" thing, but definitely not a NewTek thing...
    Last edited by tburbage; 09-29-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Maybe the delay is because he is redesigning his website?
    http://www.rebelhill.com

That would certainly hold things up

Quote Originally Posted by acharris View Post
    Maybe the delay is because he is redesigning his website?
    http://www.rebelhill.com
    Pretty sure his website is http://www.rebelhill.net, not http://www.rebelhill.com.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

belongs to someone else.

---------------------------------------------

perhaps send him a snail mail,

or like you say, check with PayPal.

sorry it worked out like that, a bit of a shame really.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Oops. Sorry about that. Guess its something else.

He really does need to update his site though

IFW. Dpont. Now RebelHill. Looks more and more like these guys are gone for good.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast