Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New video training for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    IFW. Dpont. Now RebelHill. Looks more and more like these guys are gone for good.
    Craig pretty much had his stuff ready and could have easily walked away clean. I strongly suspect he is unable to respond, but I have no idea what could be wrong.

I have found these tutorials to be excellent and very in-depth. I like how he explains the math and what is going on under the hood.

I baught just about everything he ever sold. I really hope he is OK. I mean this is strange that he has gone silent. He is without a doubt the sharpest of the LW community that I have seen. I really with if he is OK that he would let use know what is going on.
    The LW Beast From the East

Outside of his videos, I have also enjoyed Adam Gibson's first three volumes on LW 2018 at Liberty 3D. I actually have a DVD on learning LightWave 09 from Elephorm by Oliver Michon and narrated by Ben Vost, and even though it is old, it is very well laid out and does a nice job of going through most of the basic functions, outside of the new rendering engine changes and all that. But it amazes me how accurate many of the older materials still are. Essential Lightwave v9, the book, is also awesome, especially if you can find one with the CD-ROM in it.

Quote Originally Posted by gdkeast View Post
    Outside of his videos, I have also enjoyed Adam Gibson's first three volumes on LW 2018 at Liberty 3D. I actually have a DVD on learning LightWave 09 from Elephorm by Oliver Michon and narrated by Ben Vost, and even though it is old, it is very well laid out and does a nice job of going through most of the basic functions, outside of the new rendering engine changes and all that. But it amazes me how accurate many of the older materials still are. Essential Lightwave v9, the book, is also awesome, especially if you can find one with the CD-ROM in it.
    With all due respect, since there are a number of folks awaiting some kind of status w.r.t. the RebelHill training in this thread, probably best to move discussion of other good training to another thread (there are already several covering just that topic).
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),64GB RAM, NV 980ti

yes, agree. i appreciate the info, but should be moved to another thread.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

i'm fear that he's injuried in some way, he's disappears from everywhere, from its website to youtube, lw forum and more. i hope he is in a heavely island with a winner lottery ticket in the hand, but... from a small searching around the net i not found any good info to hope good for him.
    Danger! Mad Scientist at work

I'm a mad genius, a mad scientist, someone like dr. jeckill and frankestein with a bit of Bugs Bunny.

Frequenter
    Is anyone on this forums also living on Jersey? And maybe might be willing to check if there is anything serious going on? I believe that is where he resides...

Don't know much more at this time, but Craig is OK, just has been very preoccupied away from the 3D side.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc., Vizrt Group
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Thanks, Chuck.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Don't know much more at this time, but Craig is OK, just has been very preoccupied away from the 3D side.
    Thanks for that update Chuck.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Good to know, thanks Chuck.
    Salut!,
    Allabulle.

Good to know, thanks for the info Chuck. I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving in the U.S.
    Gary Chike

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast