Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New video training for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
    Yup, same here. I hope everything is okay. Seems he's been unreachable for a while now according to this thread.
    edit: just received the download links this very second  

for those wondering what RHA is...
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....rials-Released
    http://rebelhill.net/html/rha.html
    Last edited by erikals; 05-19-2018 at 06:45 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    Whht's your hassle there Jeric?
    Just because after 20+ years of using this product or whatever it is you still can't get your head wrapped around stuff doesn't mean you have to dump all over someone else.
    It's that Adam Gibson is a crap instructor.

Here's my post:
    Not to bust Kelly's rice bowl, but after buying an AG tute series, I wouldn't waste any money on another.

If you're going to buy anything, get RR's or RH's offerings, or any other fine L3D instructor.

And it's not like I'm the only one that thinks so. In your stable of instructors, he's the weakest. And in point of fact, it wasn't LW, it was 3dC.

So, waving off fellow users.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Looking forward to your tutorials on LW 2018 Craig ... thank you for making them.
    Gary Chike

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

edit: just received the download links this very second  

for those wondering what RHA is...
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....rials-Released
    http://rebelhill.net/html/rha.html
    I've been wanting to get RHA for a while. I was waiting for the 2018 rendering series to be completed, thinking I would get both if the rendering series wasn't too expensive. I thought it would be done by now. I know RH is very thorough, and that takes time, but I am hoping to hear something soon. You know us Lightwave people are a little traumatized by anyone "going dark".

you should buy RHiggit, when doing that you'll get RHA at a discount

i already learned a lot from RHA, and i've only watched 1/4th

You know us Lightwave people are a little traumatized by anyone "going dark
    drama & trauma is the way of the LightWavers  
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Top Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by paulk View Post
    Hi, Ryan.

As I understand it, people who had purchased tools and/or training materials directly from you had received an email containing a link that allowed them to sign up/prepay for an early bird special on your LW 2018 training videos. Since I had purchased your stuff in a super-deluxe package deal from Liberty 3D, I sent you my email address and explanation, hoping you would respond with the aforementioned link.

Working on something for Universal Studios is, of course, a perfectly valid reason for delay, but now I have more things to anticipate!
    I think you are confusing Ryan Roye with Craig “Rebel Hill” with his LW 2018 presale tutorial special for current customers

OK, timeout for a little 'teachable moment'. Listen up, peeps ...

We have a forum policy on posting about third party products. Specifically, it states in part "If you have any problematical issues as a consumer or would-be consumer of those third party products, follow up directly with the vendor on their support venue or by private channels."

We also have policies on civility, and offensive personal remarks. Several of the posts in this thread have crossed the lines, if only just. In the interest of ending this, and an arguably Quixotic attempt to bring enlightenment to humanity, I will now provide a post mortem (and I use the term post mortem advisedly, because this topic is now deceased, and I will most assuredly drive a stake through the heart of any attempt to resurrect it).

This began innocently enough, as follows.

So, is RH not responding because he is working diligently 24/7 on producing the best Lightwave 2018 training video series possible, or has he succumbed to NewTek Syndrome? ... (snip) Jeez, Liberty 3D just annoounced Adam Gibson's 2nd Lightwave 2018 training video!
    A few people have noted RebelHills recent absence, and (given his countless contributions to the realm) are wondering what it represents. No harm, no foul. The accompanying reference to Liberty3D and Adam Gibson's work is innocent enough, simply offered as a milestone against which to compare the elapsed period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Not to bust Kelly's rice bowl, but after buying an AG tute series, I wouldn't waste any money on another.

If you're going to buy anything, get RR's or RH's offerings, or any other fine L3D instructor.
    This moves a little closer to a line. There was no real need to mention Kat in this context ("rice bowl"? What's that about? Never mind, don't answer), but it's my assumption that it's meant to suggest that - in jeric's view, Adam's work is not as good as some of the other content on Liberty3D.

So, was a line crossed? Well, it probably is a technical foul. Having said that, I don't like to be unreasonable. Businesses (including NewTek, btw), and individual artists do well to listen to their customers. It would be difficult to justify moderating someone simply for a negative review. If someone wants to tell fellow members "I feel like others should know, I bought product X but didn't find it to be a good value. It fell short in these specific ways", we would not ordinarily moderate the post - provided the member showed civility, avoided personal attacks, and didn't drone on endlessly about his complaints (in the latter case, the policy statement I quoted at the outset would be applied).

So - moderation? Not in this case. I allowed the post to stand. Had it become a gang pile-on, or particularly rude, I'd have ended it (as, in fact, I am now doing).

Quote Originally Posted by Spinland View Post
    ... AG is probably one of the nicest guys I'd ever meet but I cannot sit through any of his videos. The few I obtained before I removed him from my Xmas card list I've heavily edited to remove the roughly 60% of chaff from what wheat he provides.
    Since I know from previous threads over the years that a few feel this way, I rather expected a little follow on. As it's expressed with a reasonable amount of tact, I let it slide. Again, a little honest criticism delivered with civility can help everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by djlithium View Post
    Whht's your hassle there Jeric?
    Just because after 20+ years of using this product or whatever it is you still can't get your head wrapped around stuff doesn't mean you have to dump all over someone else.
    Here, now, we cross the line (as an aside, not the 'third party' rule, but the 'civility' one).

Whether one agrees with the assessment offered re: the quality of the tutorials or not, by basing the objection on the merit of Jeric's own work and skills (with an inherent negative connotation) we are now into 'personal attack' territory. From a practical standpoint, this just pours gasoline on the spark, and pretty much guarantees that the discussion will degrade from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    It's that Adam Gibson is a crap instructor... (snip) In your stable of instructors, he's the weakest. And in point of fact, it wasn't LW, it was 3dC.

So, waving off fellow users.
    And, we're off ... this is no longer a polite review, it has crossed into a personal attack. That's what you get with 'tit for tat'.

So here's the deal. This part of the discussion is over. Period. Here's the 'teachable moment' part: in similar situations, if you feel a post is offensive, or in violation of forum policy for any reason, please just report the post with a brief explanation. The matter will be reviewed, and handled. In many cases, these things can be defused without heavy-handedness.

In the so-called 'Old West', in places like Dodge City and Tombstone you had to check your firearms with the sheriff on entering town. Contrary to the popular mythology, this largely prevented shootouts and blood in the streets. The famed 'Gunfight at the OK Corral' came about directly as an enforcement action of just such a municipal bylaw. This ended badly for those who were not 'peace officers'. It's the same here. Feel free to express or stick up for your viewpoint on appropriate topics for the forum, but if someone disagrees in a way that you feel oversteps civility, just report it and stand back.

As the song says, "Don't take your guns to town, boy ..." Thus endeth the lesson. (If those involved want to comment on what I have written, please do so by PM or your response will be nuked.)
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by wesleycorgi View Post
    I think you are confusing Ryan Roye with Craig “Rebel Hill” with his LW 2018 presale tutorial special for current customers
    How DARE Reality not conform to my delusions!?!?!?

Seriously, you are right. Still, no response from Rebel Hill, though.

Has anyone heard from RH lately?

I was really looking forward to his full tutorial series.

I hope his absence is due to work or other similar commitments and not the result of personal issues (family, health, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post

I hope his absence is due to work or other similar commitments and not the result of personal issues (family, health, etc.)
    I emailed him last week and he responded, saying the training would be out very soon, within the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by RPSchmidt View Post

I got an email with the PayPal link. I signed up for the EBS, and have downloaded the current set of LW 2018 training videos. RH says there is more to come. He is "tweaking" stuff because there is another LW "fix" version coming.

I got an email with the PayPal link. I signed up for the EBS, and have downloaded the current set of LW 2018 training videos. RH says there is more to come. He is "tweaking" stuff because there is another LW "fix" version coming.
    What was the early bird price for customers who own some of his other products?

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    What was the early bird price for customers who own some of his other products?
    I was charged £50, which converted at the time to $69.29.

Has anyone heard from Craig recently ? I have emailed him a couple of times since the 14th June with no reply so thought I'd check on here to see if anyone else has been able to contact him.
    Kevin F Stubbs

Remember...one size does NOT fit all

Quote Originally Posted by Qexit View Post
    Has anyone heard from Craig recently ? I have emailed him a couple of times since the 14th June with no reply so thought I'd check on here to see if anyone else has been able to contact him.
    I heard from him, and got the links to download his training videos. I started going through the Foundation videos. Maybe it's my system, but the sound wavered between clear and sounding like it was recorded off a speakerphone.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast