Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: A quick tour of Lightwave 2018

  1. #1

    A quick tour of Lightwave 2018

    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

  2. #2
    Thanks Ryan, I must admit I feel a bit lazy today and couldn't get too interested in doing much with my trial version, so this video was a nice way for me get a feel for it.

  3. #3
    Valiant NewTeKnight Matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, USA
    Posts
    13,055
    Fantastic video Ryan, very professional.
    UI / UX Designer @ NewTek
    __________________________________________________
    www.pixsim.co.uk : LightWave Video Tutorials & Tools


  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    587
    Great video! Didn’t realize the uv window had a live update in modeler.

  5. #5
    I try to listen to this but my wife is talking all the time in the background!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12
    Ryan, extremely useful. Thank you. Do you intend to produce some paid for Tutorials on 2018?

  7. #7
    Super Duper Member kopperdrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Derbyshire, UK
    Posts
    3,134
    Thanks Ryan - great round up, and can't wait to begin using it in anger
    - web: http://www.albino-igil.co.uk - 2D/3D Design Studio -
    - PC Spec: Intel i9-7940X @3.1GHz | 64Gb | 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb | Windows 10 Pro -

  8. #8
    Hardcore Lightwaver Photogram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    294
    On my side i can't use enable noise filtering. i check it do a render and when i go in the noise filter option my render is not there so i cannot tweak the noise reduction..

    Also i don't find where the reconstructions filters are now... Gaussian, mitchell etc....

    Overall the render engine is very good and fast!

    Here is my first conversion from Lightwave 2015.3 to 2018

    I can't get rid of the noise because the Noise filtering is not working...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Montre_Preview.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	308.8 KB 
ID:	139011  
    Last edited by Photogram; 01-01-2018 at 04:12 AM.

  9. #9
    Registered User DCjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    70
    Great video! Thanks! Newtek should hire you to do videos.

  10. #10
    Super Member kolby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    CZ, EU
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by Photogram View Post
    On my side i can't use enable noise filtering. i check it do a render and when i go in the noise filter option my render is not there so i cannot tweak the noise reduction..

    Also i don't find where the reconstructions filters are now... Gaussian, mitchell etc....

    Overall the render engine is very good and fast!

    Here is my first conversion from Lightwave 2015.3 to 2018

    I can't get rid of the noise because the Noise filtering is not working...
    You must enable noise filtering in Render Properties/Buffers tab. There is also Reconstruction Filter menu.
    System info: CPU: Xeon X5680 RAM: 12GB DDR3/1333MHz MB: Asus P6T WS Pro GFX: Asus GTX 750 Ti / 2GB OS: Win7, LW2018.0.7 x64

  11. #11
    Hardcore Lightwaver Photogram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    294
    Thanks Kolby!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantboy90 View Post
    Ryan, extremely useful. Thank you. Do you intend to produce some paid for Tutorials on 2018?
    Definitely.
    Professional-level 3d training: Ryan's Lightwave Learning
    Plugin Developer: RR Tools for Lightwave

  13. #13
    I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,354
    Quote Originally Posted by bazsa73 View Post
    I try to listen to this but my wife is talking all the time in the background!
    Did you try enabling noise filtering? It is supposedly vastly improved.

    If it works, it might well becomes Newtek's best selling product ever!
    Verlon Smith

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

  14. #14
    there is no sanctuary....
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI USA
    Posts
    471
    Thanks for the video, it's a big help!
    Bill Carey

    I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 417.71
    LW 2019.1 x64
    Space Navigator

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •