Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: LW 2018 Comments/Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Quite shocked at the Mac unzip debacle.
    That's more of an issue with Apple. Apple's native unarchiver has always been lacking. There's a lot of ways to produce a ZIP archive and Mac is blind to many of them.

https://theunarchiver.com/

Quote Originally Posted by next_n00b View Post
    Do you mean "NormalMap Channel" = Checked? If so, does not work for me. I have deleted all config for 2018, played with normal map, mipmap on/off, linear/srgb ... all the stuff I usually do to setup normal map.
    Yeah, below is what I'm seeing without NormalMap Channel set and with it set. Again, this is on Windows 10 and GTX 980.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Without.PNG 
Views:	120 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	139057Click image for larger version. 

Name:	With.PNG 
Views:	140 
Size:	367.3 KB 
ID:	139058

Hello all and sry for my english.

Begin testing render in trial 2018.

Name:	lww.PNG 
Views:	161 
Size:	499.6 KB 
ID:	139059

Name:	lww2.PNG 
Views:	147 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	139060

I liked the render very much. For me, extremely fast-as in normal mode, and gi interpolated, bruteforce is also quite fast.
    **excellent flexible shading.

Everything is very quickly, predictably and visually adjusted.

Thanks to the developers for the great work.

About Complain here. "The application from the 90s-ies Ui))", why overload the interface ??. Rebuild the Ui? -buds will be bugging and this will affect stability on 100%.

Everything is fine. Do not break what works and do not change the concept-Layout, Modeler. This package Lightwave always favorably different from its competitors, its approach to work.

Last time I had such pleasure from research softimage xsi.

After xsi package was "killed" one "modern" company with very "modern" ui in their products.

Thanks again for the release Lw 2018, I'm delighted. Only The price could really be little cheaper)
    Last edited by Vladimir545; 01-02-2018 at 03:14 PM.

I have tortured FFX thoroughly and no crashes so far even with VPR on.
    --EDIT--
    So far I'm pleased with this new FFX. I see potential in it. Thanks NT!
    Last edited by bazsa73; 01-02-2018 at 10:36 AM.

Is anyone else having trouble with 2018 keeping your preferences from session to session?

I'm finding it's not remembering things I set in the preferences like Tablet, Mip Mapping toggle to off etc.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    Is anyone else having trouble with 2018 keeping your preferences from session to session?

I'm finding it's not remembering things I set in the preferences like Tablet, Mip Mapping toggle to off etc.
    No problems here: saving all the stuff like layout, frame rate, tablet, etc. fine. This is on Windows 10. I wonder if it's to do with where it's trying to write the config files in your case, if there's an issue with perms or something.

Win7, same workstation

Radeon Pro and Quadro
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	radeon.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	830.1 KB 
ID:	139068   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quadro.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	1,021.3 KB 
ID:	139067  

Quote Originally Posted by next_n00b View Post
    Win7, same workstation

Radeon Pro and Quadro
    Well, crap. I put a Radeon into my new system from an IT friend's recommendation. Wishing now I went with NVidia.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

I don't think that Radeon driver is to blame, because some scenes do work well with PBRGLSLShaders. I mentioned before Dinosaur_WLK_GL _Subdivided scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekhar View Post
    No problems here: saving all the stuff like layout, frame rate, tablet, etc. fine. This is on Windows 10. I wonder if it's to do with where it's trying to write the config files in your case, if there's an issue with perms or something.
    Ok thanks, I will have to look into it and see if I can figure out what going on. I'm on Windows 10 as well.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

well i seem to be getting a lot of issues with transparent and reflective surfaces, there is all sorts of visible banding coming through, transparent turns pure black when nothing is behind it (even though the backdrop is white)
    you can see here the floor seems to be reflecting some sort of pixelated image, but its only set to ray traced, its not the backdrop image as when i turn that on you can see it over the top of the big pixels.
    not looking good at the moment ( cranking rays up for each type changes nothing)

Name:	Capture5.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	551.5 KB 
ID:	139069
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

That "banding" looks like a reflection of a low resolution image. Is there an image there that we don't see?

yes, it appears that when the surface is set to raytrace it can still see the backdrop if its added to the environment light, so setting the MIS samples of that light way up starts to remove it, unfortunately seems to impact render times greatly so using a gradient backdrop rather than an image seems to be a better option when using plain surfaces. still cant fix the transparency though
    Intel i9 7980xe, Asus Rampage Vi extreme, 2x NVIDIA GTX1070ti, 64GB DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance,

The blackness in the transparency is probably due to you having too few bounces. I think I understand that you want the backdrop to be invisible on selected objects.. correct? If so, I don't think that is possible. Maybe if you write a script to tell the object to ignore any rays coming from the backdrop (or selected object(s)) could solve it? But that would probably violate a lot of things. And cause problems, as you would now have to collect rays that were blocked by the same objects etc.. I tried setting up something myself.. but I don't see the problems you have. So I'm a bit uncertain as to how you actually set it up:

Name:	room5.png 
Views:	419 
Size:	606.7 KB 
ID:	139072

well actually in this instance the backdrop is white, its just not showing in the transparency? so the only way to get the backdrop to show white is to put a physical plane all the way around the background (a bit like you above) as it seems to not be able to show the backdrop colour either, i.e. materials only show physical elements in the scene (the texture environment must be seen as a physical element as that does render through transparency, its just the colour and gradient backdrops do not?), but also like i said in the other thread, the standard material node behaves as expected so anything composited or in the back drop shows as it should. i would have thought being as effects and arch viz comping would have been such a big thing it would have been something that had been spotted before (especially as that content scene clearly shows the error in the spyder car!)

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast