Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 374

Thread: OD 2018 Tool Set Released - And Now OD 2019!

  1. #136
    I would buy... much needed for LW

  2. #137
    another quick vid showing a perhaps unconventional use of Substance and Lightwave, and OD Instancer Presets of course.

    https://vimeo.com/album/4335852/video/263993230
    Oliver

    OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

  3. #138
    Super Member CaptainMarlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Belfort, France
    Posts
    1,891
    Oliver, your toolset is incredibly useful. There are so many tools it is somehow uneasy to test them all, and there are a lot of hidden gems. I discovered the deflyfast image filter yesterday almost by accident, and I must say it is a real time saver. Even if it doesn't get rid of all fireflies, combined with the denoiser and a motion blur filter in comp in motion, it allowed me to decrease the sampling settings for an animation and divide by 2 my render time/frame. This is huge !

  4. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarlowe View Post
    There are so many tools it is somehow uneasy to test them all, and there are a lot of hidden gems.!
    Trust me, I know.. I did the San Diego usergroup talk with steve burns last sunday, and only got through about 20% of the tools. My general mantra for these tools (outside of the obvious ones like the preset system, etc) is this:

    if you find yourself doing something that bothers you in lw.. workflow, etc.. just look in your OD2015/OD2018 tabs, most likely, there'll be something in there to make your life easier... The hidden gems, you'll find for stuff that isnt in the menus, like the Instancers, Motion plugins, Displacement plugins, Filters. I could add them all to the menu, but then, that'll make the menu's even more massive than they currently already are. Every once in a while, on the order page, just read the list of plugins.. browse through them, just to give you a general overview of thats there. If you look at the sheer number, yeah, I admit, it could be overwhelming, but then, on the flipside, isn't it great that its available like that ?
    Oliver

    OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

  5. #140
    Super Member CaptainMarlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Belfort, France
    Posts
    1,891
    Its great indeed. Each time I find another useful tool in it, I'm even happier I bought this toolset !

  6. #141
    Curmudgeon in Training Ma3rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Near Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post
    Trust me, I know.. I did the San Diego usergroup talk with steve burns last sunday, and only got through about 20% of the tools. My general mantra for these tools (outside of the obvious ones like the preset system, etc) is this:

    if you find yourself doing something that bothers you in lw.. workflow, etc.. just look in your OD2015/OD2018 tabs, most likely, there'll be something in there to make your life easier... The hidden gems, you'll find for stuff that isnt in the menus, like the Instancers, Motion plugins, Displacement plugins, Filters. I could add them all to the menu, but then, that'll make the menu's even more massive than they currently already are. Every once in a while, on the order page, just read the list of plugins.. browse through them, just to give you a general overview of thats there. If you look at the sheer number, yeah, I admit, it could be overwhelming, but then, on the flipside, isn't it great that its available like that ?
    Well, maybe that's an idea for a new tool: A search tool or database for the OD Toolset.

    Perhaps wishful thinking but having some means of linking the tool or installed LW plug-in name directly to the corresponding Vimeo vid would really be slick to say the least.

  7. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Well, maybe that's an idea for a new tool: A search tool or database for the OD Toolset.

    Perhaps wishful thinking but having some means of linking the tool or installed LW plug-in name directly to the corresponding Vimeo vid would really be slick to say the least.
    Thats what "Invoke Layouttool" is for
    Oliver

    OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

  8. #143
    Curmudgeon in Training Ma3rk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Near Beaverton, OR
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post
    Thats what "Invoke Layouttool" is for
    That gives you an all encompassing list of what's installed which is nice certainly, but not context sensitive help on what a particular tool does which is kind of needed if you've never used a particular tool before or forgotten. Nor does having the plug-in spelling insure that Vimeo has that as the video name to search on.

    For example, I just used Invoke Layouttool and entered Circle as I know you've at least one tool that uses that. It came up with only the one entry: ModCommand_OD_MeasureCircle. I go to the Vimeo page search on OD_MeasureCircle amd get the shrugging robot. I know there's one there somewhere, but the video is actually named OD_Circlify.

    To complicate matters, Vimeo's search requestor won't let me enter the letter "f" I just now discovered. Everything else, but no "f". What the "F"? It's always something.

    Anyway, I can copy & paste Circlify into the search box (it accepts the f that way !?!), but it comes up with two pages of results, one of which is finally OD_Circlify.

    Needless to say, not exactly an elegant way to get a bit of information.

  9. #144
    I am going to give that tool the same overhaul as i did with the invoke modeler commands.. it should be a hell of a lot more useful then.
    Oliver

    OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

  10. #145
    A.K.A "The Silver Fox" Gungho3D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oztralia
    Posts
    422
    Hey Oliver - just bought this also, along with the "Pie Menu" plugin ...

    Looking forward to your software making me look good!

  11. #146
    Super Member CaptainMarlowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Belfort, France
    Posts
    1,891
    I'd buy pie menu if it was available for Mac...

  12. #147
    Super Member Chris S. (Fez)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,029
    Is there any way to make the pie menu font larger? Bit small on UHD monitors.

  13. #148
    currently no.. could you send me a screenshot (bug report it) and i can take a look
    Oliver

    OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

  14. #149
    Two new tools added to the OD2018 Toolset today:
    https://vimeo.com/265066026
    and
    https://vimeo.com/265066000
    Oliver

    OD Tools Purchase Link: http://origamidigital.com/cart
    Vimeo Channel: https://vimeo.com/channels/850417
    Join ODRoot - https://www.odroot.com

  15. #150
    Super Member Chris S. (Fez)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,029
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverhotz View Post
    currently no.. could you send me a screenshot (bug report it) and i can take a look
    Thanks. Will do.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •