Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LW 2018 promotion (just an idea)

Quote Originally Posted by c.1 View Post
    It’s not about making LW cheaper (I think $295 is a wicked deal)
    It’s just an idea for a one day promotion sale, a discount of $93.20 is not a huge amount but it may be enough to provide a push for some to pull the trigger and buy on day one.

When Hurley or 3rdPowers has a limited pre release sale, it’s not about making their product cheaper its about “promoting”
    the product, maybe getting a quick and early bump in sales.
    Problem is, theyve already shot themselves in the foot with a 295 price, especially at the frequency they put ow lw updates. I dont think they want to lose even more money.

$295 for a few months is good enough. They are a business after all. There is no need for this "race to the bottom" kind of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Problem is, theyve already shot themselves in the foot with a 295 price, especially at the frequency they put ow lw updates. I dont think they want to lose even more money.
    Yes true. It would have been better $395 as introduction upgrade price, $295 for current users as promised and then afterwards something like $495 for upgrades from older versions. I would have upgraded. Nobody is going for the price they set to $795 for an upgrade. It shows to me how little the whole thing was planned and how their marketing / sales has not changed, there's still no trust from my side, sorry NewTek.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    $295 for a few months is good enough. They are a business after all. There is no need for this "race to the bottom" kind of stuff.
    I agree, $295 is a generous offer from Newtek. They need revenue to keep this project running. Less than this would be unsustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by pmwhite View Post
    I agree, $295 is a generous offer from Newtek. They need revenue to keep this project running. Less than this would be unsustainable.
    Exactly. If we all love LW and want it to flourish, we need to support it. If the upgrade window is a little narrower, that seems fair enough. Greater good and all that.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    You are correct.

But the elephant in the room is Blender.

I think even LW understand, the state the modeller is in, so on and so forth, they have to accept the price users are willing to pay. As Blender went through more germenization (sp?), what users realized what they can get for free is increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by fablefox View Post
    But the elephant in the room is Blender.
    Yup, and Blender 2.8 with Eevee is set for 2018 release. (I don’t thonk the 2.8 beta release is 100% stable atm)
    Don't be a dink get some ink

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123