Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone purchased Rhiggit?

Anyone purchased Rhiggit?

Just wondering if anyone has bought Rhiggit?

I've just bought the 'lite' version (awaiting licence though, so not tried it yet). Just wondering how you find the workflow compared with Genoma, which has a different approach. Would be good to know how others have found it, since it's matured over the past few years.

Thanks!
    i7 X3930/32GB/Quadro 4000

Oh, probably a couple hundred users here anyway.

Genoma has it's merits but I found working with it confusing to be honest.

RebelHill is a very knowledgeable & active participant on this forum and I'd highly recommend any or all of his training series. I believe all of his rigging packages come with tutorials & example scenes. Work through them in order as one builds on the previous. He tends to speed through some aspects so you probably will have to rewatch some sections. Also, on my system anyway, I'd recommend using the MPC-HC player ( https://mpc-hc.org/ ) instead of VLC. Just plays smoother for some reason.
    Last edited by Ma3rk; 12-22-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Having a decent sized user base, is always positive! I’ve watched through a few of the videos and of course he makes it look very easy. I’m totally lame at character rigs, so hopefully it will be that way for me too! Was hoping to get my hands dirty over Xmas period, but I screwed up the purchase and forgot to include my dongle ID - doh!! I guess he’s on holiday now, so will have to wait a while.

Rhiggit rig gives you much more performance in working on animation than the Genoma, at least for me it is, given the rather old Quadro 4000 or Quadro K620 graphics card on which I'm working.

Quote Originally Posted by OFF View Post
    Rhiggit rig gives you much more performance in working on animation than the Genoma, at least for me it is, given the rather old Quadro 4000 or Quadro K620 graphics card on which I'm working.
    Some of the videos I had seen appeared to show a bit sluggish performance, but I had put that down to video capture software, so good to know it works well on older equipment - my system is almost 6 years old now, which I guess makes it a museum piece by today's standards! Bit disappointment I've not heard anything back from him though, would have really liked to have tried it out over Chrimbo.

i too am interested in the OP’s question. RH available for comment?

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    Good news - I should get my license in a bit, so I will endeavor to post here once I've tried it out and will let you know what I think compared to Genoma.

I see that he's been pretty busy in some other threads. Several of them a bit silly frankly as in why not just wait until LW2018 is actually released instead of making all the pretty useless speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    I see that he's been pretty busy in some other threads. Several of them a bit silly frankly as in why not just wait until LW2018 is actually released instead of making all the pretty useless speculation?
    cos this forum is part support and part soap opera

cos this forum is part support and part soap opera
    ... with a wee bit of Jerry Springer.

As the guy who beat on RH2 until it broke (several times) and did some insane things with it (Rigged a Spider, Centaur, and Dragon) while in Beta...

Rigs are easier to set up in RHiggit 2, both with setting up controls, and the skeleton. Genoma is Ok, it does some excellent rigs, but is kind of fiddly to set up. As a plus, Rhiggit is completely Layout based, so no obscure errors about files not found, as what plagues Genoma 2. There are some quirks with RH2, but they're not show stoppers, and hopefully will be addressed in Rhiggit 2.09. Of course, both Genoma and RH2 suffer from the Modeler / Layout Split, but weighting based on bones is easier in RH2, and use of a 3rd Party tool (3rd Powers Paint Weights) can keep you completely in Layout.
    Last edited by Kryslin; 12-24-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

I totally love Rhiggit, but if you get that I would totally advise also getting Weights by 3rd powers. The two together are great for rigging. With Rhiggit you can easy go in and out of rigging mode and so setting it up perfectly is very simple and quickly changeable.
    The LW Beast From the East

The ability to (mostly) seamlessly add, edit, and remove parts of your rig, and not affect your animation is definitely a plus.

Keep in mind that I think most here have the pro version of Rhiggit2, which has the rig presets, plus all the rig parts. I can get a biped character rigged and skinned in less than an hour. Some of the more insane examples (Spiderbait from William Vaghan, a centaur, and a low poly dragon) took a bit longer. paired with an lscript I put out there to symmetrically assign weight maps to bones, and things go quickly (Version 3 of SymWeightAssign is being worked on, and it allows you to move up and down the skeleton's hierarchy without leaving the plugin).

Rhiggit's workflow is entirely based in Layout, using native layout tools, and is much less confusing than Genoma. If using 3rd Powers Paint Weights, you can keep everything in Layout. This isn't to say Rhiggit doesn't have it's quirks, but none of these are show stoppers and they usually show up in the fit mode of the plugin (In my experience namely hip girdles are reversed, and ear digits come in at global 0,0,0 - the fix is to simply move them into position. The third is something RH is looking at for me. I'm not expecting to hear anything back from him for a while, as he's busy...)
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.20 Ghz, 24 GB ram, EVGA 6GB GTX980Ti "Classified" driving 2 x HP LA2405.

I’ve not had loads of time to experiment with Rhiggit yet, but from my test with the standard rig, I’m liking it! Would agree it’s less fiddling than with Genoma. I like being able to fit, rig and test. Then go back to fitting if adjustments are needed. I’ve also got the 3rd powers weight plugin, which is awesome, but not tried it out with Rhiggit yet in a workflow. Wondering what’s best here - just use the built in heat mapping on the Rhiggit bones, or create the in modeler first and adjust in layout?

Either way works. I create weight maps as part of the modeling process, then adjust with Paint Weights.
    --------
    My Scripts for Lightwave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast