Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 2018 Announcement - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    The assertion is speculation, probably based on misinterpreting the mention from me and others that talking about our internal issues with respect to personnel and management would not be possible because there are both legal and ethical issues involved in doing so. So no, we aren't going to be talking about what happened internally to produce the public result; but that doesn't mean the lack of formal communications from the 3D Group for an extended time was due to legal issues.
    Thanks Chuck the misinterpretation is exactly why it's hard for you guys to say much of anything Know this is frustrating to you and the team. Right now we should be celebrating the release of a new version of LightWave ( Which a lot of us are) but also having to deal with all the emotion upheaval going on here ( with respect for both sides)...

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Ok so
    Newtek is officially stating that they are not officially stating what precipitated the long silence.
    But, they swear it will not happen again. In all fairness, they have promised better communication before.
    Rob and Lino are gone, and replaced by? At least one of them needs to be replaced by someone.
    No roadmap will ever be given.
    No modeler updates until the “next*” version (again, and last I heard the new mesh engine wasn’t going to be in modeler).

So about that improvement in communications:
    Can someone at least get on the demo train and start showing off all the cool new features? There really does need to be a media blitz of some kind. Is there a comprehensive list of bugs fixed? Are there further bugs being squashed in a coming update?
    Do we officially give up on unification as every proponent of that seems to leave NT.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

Quote Originally Posted by Verlon View Post
    Ok so Newtek is officially stating that they are not officially stating what precipitated the long silence.
    But, they swear it will not happen again.
    I don't think anyone is promising anything. Its a fools game. What we've said (because some asked ) is that the silence is over. No-one is saying it's going to be rainbows and unicorns every day from here on. Who knows? But it's already clear that there has been an improvement this week, and people will be working to continue to improve.

So about that improvement in communications:
    Can someone at least get on the demo train and start showing off all the cool new features? There really does need to be a media blitz of some kind. Is there a comprehensive list of bugs fixed? Are there further bugs being squashed in a coming update?
    Do we officially give up on unification as every proponent of that seems to leave NT.
    I don't even know which of those questions can be answered as of this moment, but they are generally good questions.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

you know, in this day and age of multiple apps, i am less convinced of unification, what i do need though is connectivity; very, very robust, predictable and full featured connectivity.

i’d buy that for a dollar.

Nice to see a new version being released. The only way is up from here, looking forward to it.

To keep the ball rolling, here's an SSS video using Lino's awesome Dino model!

Can we see the Layout camera in modeler in action?
    I think some people are already "rendered" to death.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    you know, in this day and age of multiple apps, i am less convinced of unification, what i do need though is connectivity; very, very robust, predictable and full featured connectivity.

People use multiple apps for what they're good for. If you use LW for modeling and rendering or modeling and animating, you don't want those separated as you're missing key benefits.

Dear Newtek,

Could you make January 1st a new type of re-birthday for Lightwave and ALL future major releases get released on January 1st of every year?
    Last edited by AnimeJoex; 12-16-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveElephant View Post
    To keep the ball rolling, here's an SSS video using Lino's awesome Dino model!

Can you compare render performance with Modo?
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Asticles View Post
    Can you compare render performance with Modo?
    I don't have Modo, so I'm afraid not.

Ok, can you show camera properties and options? I'm interested in tonemapping options and exposure. Sorry to bother you.
    English is not my native language so please be patient.

Salvador Ureņa
    http://urenasalvador.wixsite.com/portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeJoex View Post
    Dear Newtek,

Could you make January 1st a new type of re-birthday for Lightwave and ALL future major releases get released on January 1st of every year?
    I'm not so sure a strict 12 month cycle brings out the best in any software. However, it would be nice to never have to go three years without a software update again.

2015.3 was released August 9th, 2015 according to Wikipedia. So, it's been two years, not three. But 2015.0 was released November 24th, 2014...So, a little over three years for a major release.
    Last edited by Schwyhart; 12-16-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    Can we see the Layout camera in modeler in action?
    I think some people are already "rendered" to death.
    Hi samurai_x, they put this up a while ago. At around 0:36

Thanks. I forgot about that.
    Ok I'm 50% towards upgrading.
    The network render controller and udim support next.

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast