Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 2018 Announcement - Discussion Thread

I have had every single version of LW up through 2015.3. However I might have to wait a little to upgrade this time due to financial and medical reasons. What I wondered is how long a trial period lasts and does that mean full rendering and no Dicovery mode during the trial? Excuse me if it was answered further back.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    If I were NT I would give those that bought 2 weeks prior to the announcement a free upgrade. Some software companies with good customer service do that.
    Yes. For ¥£*=÷ sake encourage people to purchase.

Will people who plan to purchase Lightwave 2018 be able to get nevronmotion and chronosculpt?

Otherwise the thing to do would be to upgrade to LW2015 now and get the additional free plugin and then get LW2018 for free when it eventually come out?!?!
    Last edited by ruscular; 12-20-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Nevronmotion promotion ended quite some time ago- I purchased Nov 2016 and it was long gone. Also contacted support to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Anttij77 View Post
    I will cover all the materials in the future.
    I saw the new videos...you are a genius!
    Very good videos and you explain all setting very well...VERY USEFUL!!!
    I wait for GI setting and maybe setting for ArchViz...

Thank you again...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Yes, you would get 2018 at no additional cost on that license. We were wondering why you want to spend more to get there, but saw your explanation further down the thread...
    would he be able to get chrono and nevron as well?

Quote Originally Posted by ruscular View Post
    would he be able to get chrono and nevron as well?
    That's doubtful. That deal was years ago right? I got them both from one of my lw license. I've never used them in a paid project. Nevron is a toy and useless imo. Chrono is useful for certain tasks.

But if NT is feeling generous they should give those two for free with lightwave 2018 for the recent $#%^ they pulled going dark.

Nevron is a toy and useless imo.
    I used Nevron for some mocap retargeting and it's pretty damn cool!!! The fact it also does Kinect stuff is an aside really, it's a decent mocap retargeting tool!
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by lardbros View Post
    I used Nevron for some mocap retargeting and it's pretty damn cool!!! The fact it also does Kinect stuff is an aside really, it's a decent mocap retargeting tool!
    I guess it depends on what quality you're aiming for.
    A single kinect based on the microsost mocap system can only capture flailing arms and idling motion. Good luck with occlusion. Brekel, nevron, they all suck.

Quote Originally Posted by allabulle View Post
    Will we be able to render one single frame using several computers at a time? It would be sweet to be able to for huge stills.
    Just curious.
    Why not split a frame into multiple tasks using Render Region?

A single kinect based on the microsost mocap system can only capture flailing arms and idling motion. Good luck with occlusion. Brekel, nevron, they all suck.
    Don't quote me on this but I would say you would get a Chronosculpt and Nevron motion aswell. The reason because everyone who has 2015.3 got those two programs for free in their account and if you upgrade to 2015 then you should get those two programs in your account like everyone else along with 2018 when it comes out January 1st.

Thanks,
    Jason
    VFX Artist / 3D Animator
    Animatrix Productions

Dell T7600 Dual XEON E5-2687W 3.8GHz / Dell M6700 i7 -3940XM 3.9GHz
    64GB Ram / 32GB Ram
    Nvidia Quadro K5000 / Nvidia Quadro K5000M
    Windows 7 x64

Not right now. Chromatic aberration is something camera makers are tryong to avoid, and it is faster to do in post, rather than simulate in the renderer.
    totally agree anttij Fusion (moving) or Pshop (fixed)

I am going to travel to Lapland tomorrow morning for xmas, but as soon as I am back I will make more videos.

Have a nice holiday, everyone.
    "A software bug is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result, or causes it to behave in unintended ways."

Cause their exactly the same thing....
    Just the XBOX Kinect SDK bolted on, same quality of mocap when you dance in front of your Xbox.

Now I have both....and IPI with multi Kinects and 4ps eye camers

Brekel is a slightly modified version of the SDK, and it gets updated (hint NewTek) and does do a bit better than nevron, especially with a V2 Kinect.

As long as your facing the camera, you can get by with some decent movement on a single Kinect. Mostly static, good for archviz stand ins etc....but ya no real action shots

The ipi can deal with occlusion, but needs way more room and a long time to setup and process.

Not right now. Chromatic aberration is something camera makers are tryong to avoid, and it is faster to do in post, rather than simulate in the renderer.
    I don’t think he was asking as a feature. The aberration is all in the lens. I think he’s asking if the rays do a spectral shift as in when passing through a prism....then the light could be aberrated with the right circumstances.

I think to achieve this the light ray has to be calculated spectrally, and not just RGB?
    Does the new render calculate spectrally?

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast