Thread: Skype TX stuck at "Searching for unit..." after selecting channel

Skype TX stuck at "Searching for unit..." after selecting channel

Hi! These forums have been so helpful in the past- hoping they will be again. Trying to set up Skype TX on our TC1. I've got the controller installed on a Windows 10 machine, this machine is on the same network as the TC1. Skype TX sees the TC1 when I put in the IP and login using the user credentials (set it up with a password just like it shows in the NewTek Tutorial Tuesday video).

However, at this point I'm presented with "Multiple channels found" which are numbered Channel 1 and Channel 2 (18000 and 18001). Whichever one I select, Skype TX Controller just hangs at "Searching for unit" for a few minutes until I get the "Oops! An unknown error occurred...If you keep seeing this message, try restarting the unit." message and it never seems to get there. I have tried restarting a few times.

Any suggestions on what I could do? Thanks so much!

What versions of TC1 and of the Skype TX Control software are you using?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks for the reply! Latest versions of both TC1 (4K-171029C) and Skype TX Control (2.17, downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=45887).

Are the Skype TX channels assigned as inputs in your TC-1 ?

In the past I had the same kind of behaviour, when a Skype TX channel was not assigned to any input in the tricaster software.

Thanks for the reply doc - I have tried it with 2 channels assigned as Skype TX callers, as well as every combination thereof. Creating new sessions and trying there as well, etc. I wonder if there are any session settings that make it mess up? Typically we're running at 1080p30.