Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adobe CC users: 20% off-- save in the coming year

Axes grinder- Dongle #99

Cool Adobe CC users: 20% off-- save in the coming year

OK, my local AE user group, which is IN the Adobe HQ, says this is legit. Saves you U$120/yr if you're a CC user:

"In case you didn't know, there's a 20% off CC membership right now. If you contact support,
    they can walk you through cancelling your current membership without any cancellation fees
    and enrolling you in a new membership at the discounted rate. Your account remains the same,
    no data is changed. I have a portfolio site, which remained untouched."

U$120, that's like 30 lattes.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/aeseattle/?fref=nf
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Hmm. Thanks.

I contacted the support/chat, and they told me: "I really apologize, but it is only applicable for the new customers".

Reco

I have Master Collection CS6 and it works perfectly fine and doesn't cost me any money !!
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

I contacted the support again and pasted the: "In case you didn't know,......
    Support handed me over to someone who told me to purchase the 20% plan using a different mail account.
    I followed the instruction and was forwarded back to support in order to cancel my existing account.
    It took a while, but I'm now on the 20% discount plan.

Thank you for letting us know.

Reco

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    I have Master Collection CS6 and it works perfectly fine and doesn't cost me any money !!
    ... nor have to put up with "new & improved" bugs, features & tools getting removed that were introduced only a version or so before, and SDK's not getting released in timely manner for 3rd party developers and breaking things mid project.

Ever do a pricing of what 1 year of renting the CC version of everything in the CS6 collection ( I have the Production Suite)? There are some features only now after being out for several years that are of interest, and some newer scripts & plug-ins only available in the CC versions (Ae, Pr mostly), but most have a work around or requires just a little extra work to resolve from my experience anyway.

"Customer Support". HA! I had an issue some years ago, called and end up getting bounced to 8 or 9 different people before finally getting a simple answer. All of those folk on payroll that didn't have a clue. Loosing money mainly due to piracy? Try looking at your own organization Adobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    "Customer Support". HA! I had an issue some years ago, called and end up getting bounced to 8 or 9 different people before finally getting a simple answer. All of those folk on payroll that didn't have a clue. Loosing money mainly due to piracy? Try looking at your own organization Adobe.
    Yeah, it's a joke. Had an issue with an app crashing every time i opened it. Adobe "support" said it was something wrong with my project files (EVERY ONE??) after sending them countless project files and letting them remote into my computer. Took problems into my own hands, solved it within an hour... was a corrupt font file installed on my computer.

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    It is what it is-- I included a link so you can check yourself.

Thanks for the tip, jeric. For my part I have to have the "latest and greatest" CC at all times to be compatible with my film industry clients, and the cost is a tax deductible expense so it's all in the noise. For folks who want to have a current CC subscription and who might be paying out-of-pocket for it a 20% discount is pretty sweet, indeed.
    “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” ~ Derek Jeter

iMac Pro
    "iCan" Mac Pro
    MacBook Pro
    Multiple Mac Minis

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reco View Post
    I contacted the support again and pasted the: "In case you didn't know,......
    Support handed me over to someone who told me to purchase the 20% plan using a different mail account.
    I followed the instruction and was forwarded back to support in order to cancel my existing account.
    It took a while, but I'm now on the 20% discount plan.
    Thank you for letting us know.
    Reco
    My pleasure: I think we'll need all the help we can get in the next 3 years.

I did it all thru CHAT, although I probably should have asked about moving some MUSE files to the new account first..... d'oh!... hanging online to straighten that out, although TBH it's not like I've looked at them for a year.
    Last edited by jeric_synergy; 11-29-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Ever do a pricing of what 1 year of renting the CC version of everything in the CS6 collection ( I have the Production Suite)? There are some features only now after being out for several years that are of interest, and some newer scripts & plug-ins only available in the CC versions (Ae, Pr mostly), but most have a work around or requires just a little extra work to resolve from my experience anyway.
    Just checked the price, it is €587.30 a year for everything. I bought Master Collection CS6 when I was back in college and got the whole lot for €700. I'm not a fan at all of subscription software. So, just to everyone else here, I have read on a few forums that while CS6 is no longer for sale on the Adobe website, they do still sell it but you have to ring their sales department and ask for it. They will try to sell you the subscription CC but if you say you want CS6 you'll get it. Yes, it is CS6, it's a few years old, but it still all works. Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc., etc., etc. It will save you on the yearly subscription .
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

cinematic weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    Just checked the price, it is €587.30 a year for everything. I bought Master Collection CS6 when I was back in college and got the whole lot for €700. I'm not a fan at all of subscription software. So, just to everyone else here, I have read on a few forums that while CS6 is no longer for sale on the Adobe website, they do still sell it but you have to ring their sales department and ask for it. They will try to sell you the subscription CC but if you say you want CS6 you'll get it. Yes, it is CS6, it's a few years old, but it still all works. Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Flash, Dreamweaver, etc., etc., etc. It will save you on the yearly subscription .
    Yeah.
    I am really happy I stopped my subscriptions mid last year.
    Since CC2014 things got broken and slowed down.
    After more than 20 years I switched to alternatives . . .
    Still having a CS6 package license I did not touch Adobe products for a while now.
    Davinci Resolve 14 Studio is a permanent license half the yearly subscription giving me fast editing and color correction without any roundtripping headaches . . .
    Fusion Studio 8 also went down in price replacing AE compositing and adding lots of options in the Nuke (X) range . . .
    Affinity Photo and Designer made PS and AI obsolete . . . now it is fun again to do these things . . .
    . . .
    Of course it takes a while to switch but it is worth it not only money wise.

I only can encourage you all to rethink your choices.
    The alternatives are all around.

Regards,

Marcus
    Last edited by mch; 11-29-2017 at 05:50 PM.
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

pro tip...

cancel...they will then give you 2 months for free, and bring you back at 20% off.
    Standard offer they do...you basically can get 2 months free a year if you just phone in to cancel...save at least $150 a year

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Yeah.
    I am really happy I stopped my subscriptions mid last year.
    After more than 20 years I switched to alternatives . . .
    Still having a CS6 package license I did not touch Adobe products for a while now.
    Davinci Resolve 14 Studio is a permanent license half the yearly subscription giving me fast editing and color correction without any roundtripping headaches . . .
    Fusion Studio 8 also went down in price replacing AE compositing and adding lots of options in the Nuke (X) range . . .
    Affinity Photo and Designer made PS and AI obsolete . . . now it is fun again to do these things . . .
    . . .
    Of course it takes a while to switch but it is worth it not only money wise.

I only can encourage you all to rethink your choices.
    The alternatives are all around.

Regards,

Marcus
    exact same boat as you...
    Full license of resolve...
    Fusion 9 (bought fusion way back when it was still $5k)
    Affinity photo

All of these easily better than CS6, which I own as well.
    Newer CC adobe products will still have a slight speed advantage PPro over resolve, and newest PS will always be king....but affinity is close behind
    AE vs Fusion are entirely different beasts....AE still wins for motion graphics, but can be done in Fusion. Fusion kills it in all other VFX

this was one of my (and others') main points about the Subscription idiocy.

no "revert" to version function, forced updates, incompatibility, dependency, low security.
    just to name a few.
    it will happen to AutoDesk too.
    Last edited by erikals; 11-30-2017 at 01:35 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast