Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LWCAD 5.5 is out :)

I was able to update the day it was released with no problem, other than the initial confusion of the transfer license button. Haven't hit any bugs, but haven't done much with it yet. As others have noted Victor is super responsive, so I'm sure he will get things straightened out for everyone. I was late to the world of LWCAD, but love it, and recommend it to all LW users.

I don't know what went wrong but Viktor deactivated my seat (I'm sure there's a euphemism in there somewhere) and I was able to activate it thereafter.
    Sentenced to 310 years for crimes against modelling and rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by wingzeta View Post
    I was able to update the day it was released with no problem, other than the initial confusion of the transfer license button. Haven't hit any bugs, but haven't done much with it yet. As others have noted Victor is super responsive, so I'm sure he will get things straightened out for everyone. I was late to the world of LWCAD, but love it, and recommend it to all LW users.
    Hopefully LWCAD will begin to gain a loyal user base with C4D and 3DS Max users. They need LWCAD to make their lives easier just as much as Lightwave users do.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

The references to 1/1 are confusing me. Can I just ask, because I don't fully understand if it is just the LWCAD website which has changed or if the licencing for LWCAD also changed, maybe a bit like Modo or such ?

cinematic weirdo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    The references to 1/1 are confusing me. Can I just ask, because I don't fully understand if it is just the LWCAD website which has changed or if the licencing for LWCAD also changed, maybe a bit like Modo or such ?
    Only Viktor can clarify.
    I hope that LWCAD is still tied to the host program and a second install on another computer is still possible like with most plug-ins.

Regards,

Marcus
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

Quick question: With previous versions, you usually were instructed to performed an uninstall before installing the newest. Just finished watching the video for LWCad 5.5 and Viktor didn't mention doing that this time.

For those who've successfully upgraded, did you uninstall 5.2 first?

Quote Originally Posted by mch View Post
    Only Viktor can clarify.
    I hope that LWCAD is still tied to the host program and a second install on another computer is still possible like with most plug-ins.

Regards,

Marcus
    For now.. yes. But with the upcoming 2018 release I would guess not. But only he can answer that. All I can say is that the Activation/Deactivation for C4D works well. I don't like it (I prefer the lock to the license key) but it works.

Well, the LWCad server must be a bit over taxed. I successfully transferred my licenses & got a new SN, I've requested all numbers be sent to my e-dress, but after several hours nada. Check spam box & they aren't there either. So, perhaps things will calm down by the weekend.

Old Dog Learns New Tricks RudySchneider's Avatar
    Downloaded, ran the Windows Installer, started LightWave, and the activation process worked exactly as Viktor showed in the above video. Didn't have to uninstall anything! COOL!
    There are no problems, only opportunities...

Quote Originally Posted by Ma3rk View Post
    Quick question: With previous versions, you usually were instructed to performed an uninstall before installing the newest. Just finished watching the video for LWCad 5.5 and Viktor didn't mention doing that this time.

For those who've successfully upgraded, did you uninstall 5.2 first?
    No. Just followed the prompts. I even have LWCad 4.51 installed as I prefer the Snap Move of 4.51 over 5.5. See video.

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    No. Just followed the prompts. I even have LWCad 4.51 installed as I prefer the Snap Move of 4.51 over 5.5. See video.

Interesting, looks like a bug. It would be interesting to know if the Snap Move tool worked properly in 5.2.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

https://www.dynamicrenderings.com/

i’d use pictrix sp move

Quote Originally Posted by Snosrap View Post
    Drat! That still didn't get fixed?

cinematic weirdo

LWCAD 5.5 web activation problem fix

Quote Originally Posted by Oedo 808 View Post
    Same here, I've emailed support, though will be heading off to bed soon.
    Okay !
    Viktor looked into it and found a solution.
    So I could activate version 5.5 successfully !

You should have an e-mail from Viktor with the LWCAD 5.5 web activation problem fix right now.
    If not - send an e-mail to him (LWCAD Support)

Thank you Viktor !

Regards,

Marcus
    Digital Cinema, Motion Control, VFX . . . cine-vfx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    For now.. yes. But with the upcoming 2018 release I would guess not. But only he can answer that.
    Viktor is very intelligent and very helpful, responding fast, but with English not the first language, I feel extra frustrated (at myself, not him) for not fully understanding what he is trying to tell me. I've bothered him twice and he's been really good, but I don't really want to bother him any more. This is what I have (from Nov 29th, only reproduced here to mutually assist every party):-

(LW LWCAD licence) "old is working and will be working for old licenses couple more years. Miro will be adding some reminders into old page that it is legacy for old licenses. As soon as you upgrade to latest LWCAD, new system transfer your old license to new system and you are on lwcad.com. Today about 300 users transferred license without problem."

"If you have an old license, you can still access is at wtools3d.com. But now you can purchase only latest LWCAD 5.5 with current bundle."

So my understanding is that if one buys LW LWCAD right now from the new site, it is linked to the Lightwave Product Lock and behaves all offline with the LW software, but this will change to an online activate/deactivate model with LWCAD 2018. Anyone feel free to correct or add anything.

Last edited by TheLexx; 12-01-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast