Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LWCAD on sale??

Yeah, I'm really enjoying LWCAD in C4D, they did a great job with the integration. Having LWCAD in C4D also removes one of the last reasons I had to endure LW Modeler. I'd really like to see LWCAD for MODO, together with MODO's procedural system it'd be fantastic.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

LWCAD 5.5 purchased an installed. I couldn't resist.

Yeah!! LWCAD in Modo would rock! I've asked for it, but Victor is too busy with the other two..
    3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Does LWCad/LW differ significantly from LWCad/C4D?
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

Watch this and decide your faith.

3D Generalist
    Threadripper 2920x, 128GB, RTX 2080 Ti, Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    Yeah, I'm really enjoying LWCAD in C4D, they did a great job with the integration. Having LWCAD in C4D also removes one of the last reasons I had to endure LW Modeler. I'd really like to see LWCAD for MODO, together with MODO's procedural system it'd be fantastic.
    +10
    All that is powerful or long standing is first conceived in the imagination; supported by the hope of possibility and then made manifest in our commitment of our current physical reality.

Well, If you plan on using edge to stair I think you'll have to endure it a bit longer (I don't think it is in C4D yet)

+10 more

Quote Originally Posted by jeric_synergy View Post
    Does LWCad/LW differ significantly from LWCad/C4D?
    Yes it does because in C4D / Max it's parametric, in LW destructive.

In C4D there are objects (Walls, WinDoors etc), in LW polygons. The LWCAD objects work very well with other objects.

Feature wise there are more tools in LW (that are simply not required in the others in my opinion).

Axes grinder- Dongle #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Yes it does because in C4D / Max it's parametric, in LW destructive.

In C4D there are objects (Walls, WinDoors etc), in LW polygons. The LWCAD objects work very well with other objects.

Feature wise there are more tools in LW (that are simply not required in the others in my opinion).
    I don't know LWCad/LW, and had the impression it maintained some form of parametricalaizationosityesquednesss in some of its entities.
    They only call it 'class warfare' when we fight back.
    Praise to Buddha! #resist
    Chard's Credo-"Documentation is PART of the Interface"
    Film the cops. Always FILM THE COPS. Use this app.

I don't know LWCad/LW, and had the impression it maintained some form of parametricalaizationosityesquednesss in some of its entities.
    There are no entities / objects in LW, only Points, Edges, Polys, Lights and Cameras. Therefore it can't work in my opinion. Except all data is stored within the plugin which doesn't make sense in case of LWCAD.

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    LWCAD just goes from strength to strength, congrats Viktor on another amazing update.
    Too old to die young.

One problem comes in things like Booleans which is a major function of LWCAD are destructive in LW. Its one of the problems in my creating presets for LWCAD. I can make square windows and round windows(or any shape really defined with a curve/line). When you add a window into a wall in LWCAD, it uses Booleans to cut out the shape for window. If you LWCAD's instancing system which allows you to replace your window with a different preset later, if you add a square window and wish to add a round window in that spot later, it won't work because the original preset already cut a square shape into the wall and there's no undoing that in LW because there is no history or stack to call on. You'll end up with a square hole surrounding a round window.

A shoddy example but serves the purpose.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-12-01_0824.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	138725

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12