Thread: Interface display

Question Interface display

Quick question if I may!? Tricaster mini (not advanced edition) - how do you display the work interface to an external monitor?

I'm not sure what you mean by external monitor, the main UI should always be on an external monitor. Are you somehow getting the UI up on the case display?

The main UI will be on the display that is set as the 'primary' display in Windows.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Hi Kane,

Thanks for the quick reply. We don't have the version with the in built monitor. What I am looking at doing is being able to flip between the program output and the interface on an HDMI monitor for training purposes. I want to be able to display both a program output and the UI.

Regards,

Andrew.

Hi Andrew,

In the past, I have invoked Win+P key command (not in UI, must exit to Admin page first) to duplicate User Interface output, then try to physically route that output back into TriCaster as an INPUT - did this with TC Mini having HDMI OUT and back IN again.

What I've been doing more recently is to RUN the Newtek NDI Scan Converter software on TriCaster. Launch that while in Windows desktop, to output the Desktop as NDI to your network, launch TC software, then just select that NDI source in a NET input.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

I think he is talking about just going back and forth between them. If that is the case, you can find computer monitors that have multiple inputs (like a DVI and HDMI), then switch between the inputs using the on screen monitor controls.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

That sounds good. If I have a monitor with two HDMI outputs how do I output the TriCaster interface to one of them? Thanks for the help everyone!

Looking at rear of Mini, use the HDMI output at lower right rear, labeled "Video 2". That will get you the User Interface. Use HDMI OUT 1 (center of front) to get PROGRAM VIDEO OUT. Run both of these to monitor (HDMI inputs 1 and 2) and toggle between inputs on display.

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Cheers Jeff. I’ll give that a go next time we have it set up!

Case display native resolution

Can someone share the case display native resolution? Am getting an out of range error on the case display.

TIA!

1366x768
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.