Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dante Integration in TC1

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    Just to make sure you understand, Dante Receivers for TC1 and VMC are not locked to inputs and Dante Transmitters are not locked to outputs. You choose which you want to route too. On TriCaster AE models they are locked to the outputs but you can choose the input
    Great point Jose. I was just wondering, is there really any advantage to this on the outputs? If each output had been locked to a specific Dante Transmitter, would you really be losing anything?

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    I guess it’s more to the way the system has gone that all can be routed
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Behringer U-Phoria UMC1820 channels won't show as Audio Input

Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    Thanks for the info. As I understand ASIO audio devices will also work as well with TC1, VMC1 and Connect systems, that opens up to a quite a world of audio devices. I'm been looking at getting a little Behringer audio mixer with phantom power that also has a USB connection.
    Hi Kane

Connecting a USB Audio interface dedicated to multitrack recording, I was expecting to be able to see each input channel if the Interface as a source in the TC1 audio mixer. I can only see the interface stereo channels.
    Did I miss something?

Thanks

I've never personally used this interface, but the TriCaster will see what is presented into Windows. Is there a driver to install for it beyond what Windows might configured it by default?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Windows see the interface. I set it up as 10 channels, 16 bit 48Khz
    In Tricaster, when I see it, I have only one line. I can get my first 4 inputs. Input 1 in channel 1, Input 2 in channel 2, Input 3 in channel 3 and input 4 in channel 4.
    That's it. each input of the interface feeds each audio channel of the TC1. I should normally be able to select in Input of the Interface and feed it in each input of the TC1.
    Also, when you feed channel 3 and 4, you don't see the audio on the Mixer interface. Only on the output overlay of the PGM.
    You also don't have Pan Pot for channel 3 and 4. But that's not the point.
    Do you mind to send me a screen shot of your audio interface showing all its input in the Connection Pop Up of the Audio mixer channel.
    For me, I should be able to pick, on each TC1 audio input, one of the input channel of the interface.

Thanks

Just to add some FYI... Using our Behringer X32 Compact's USB card on the TC1, although the TC1 dosn't whitelist the X32 driver, it does work... sort of: The X32 outputs show up as (default) so channel 1 out of the X32 USB card sends to channel 1 on the TC1, channel 2 to 2, etc. with no option to access any of the other channels. Haven't tried out yet to see if the TC1 sends to the X32.
    Being able to use the TC1's channels 3 and 4 audio directly in program audio would be really useful but I have no idea how.

From Browser To Broadcast jmmultex's Avatar
    Are there specific ASIO-based sound devices that have their drivers whitelisted by NewTek? I think part of the confusion is that most multi-channel sound devices are WDM compliant, but only as a stereo-pair in Windows. Without installing an ASIO driver, the remaining physical channels do not show up. If we know that the ASIO drivers for specific devices (eg Focusrite Scarlett-line or MOTU-line) can be installed and leveraged on the TriCaster, it would be a way for people to purchase units with confidence they would work.

Thank,
    John
    John Mahoney
    GNURAL NET, Inc.
    Trenton, NJ 08691

[email protected]
    http://www.gnuralnet.com

Gear:
    Gnural Net LiveToAir, TC1, TC1LP, MDS1, TC8000, Cameras: NDIHX-PTZ1, PTZ Optics ZCAM 20x

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_h View Post
    Just to add some FYI... Using our Behringer X32 Compact's USB card on the TC1, although the TC1 dosn't whitelist the X32 driver, it does work... sort of: The X32 outputs show up as (default) so channel 1 out of the X32 USB card sends to channel 1 on the TC1, channel 2 to 2, etc. with no option to access any of the other channels. Haven't tried out yet to see if the TC1 sends to the X32.
    Being able to use the TC1's channels 3 and 4 audio directly in program audio would be really useful but I have no idea how.
    Oops, meant to say that the Tricaster actually recognized the first 4 X32 USB card's outputs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12