Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dante Integration in TC1

Dante Integration in TC1

Hi,

We are planning to completely internally managed the audio on one of our customer TC1. Thus, it will be easy to script audio functions and also use the benefit of the Skype Mix Minus internally generated, which cannot be done from an external mixer.
    For this, due to the reduced number of analogue audio I/O we are planning to connect an analogue <> Dante interface (16 In / 8 Out)
    We are trying to find a table which will show what are the Inputs and outputs allocations in the TC1 to Dante channels.

Any ideas?

Thanks

LiveSet Making Machine joseburgos's Avatar
    On the TC1 latest version (Dec 7th, 2017);
    Rcv is in stereo pairs only with Dante 1,2 then 3,4 then 5,6 etc, etc, are available to map to your audio inputs
    TX is also stereo only and can be mapped to AUX 1, AUX 2, AUX 3 and Master so Dante 1,2 can be Master, Dante 3,4 can be AUX 1, Dante 5,6 can be AUX 2, Dante 7,8 can be AUX 3 as an example but you can choose which Dante pairs you want on the outputs
    Use the Dante Controller to decide what is receiving or transmitting the mapped Dante on your TC1 that you chose

Hope that explains it

PS On AE TriCaster's, TX is only Master ch1 and ch2 = Dante 1,2 and AUX1 ch1 and ch2 is Dante 3,4. These are fixed to the TriCaster audio outputs and the only Dante outputs available
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    NewTek Certified on all TriCaster's
    NewTek Training & Certification Testing
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

How many audio channels do you need into the TC1? If it just a few more, you can get a USB audio interface and it will show up as additional inputs as well. This is also good way to get mic level inputs on a TC1.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Or analog AUX outs as well. I have testing using the Peavy USB-P which gives two XLR outputs which I’m testing to run AUX 1, 2 or 3 (only have one USB-P), to an external audio board.
    I don’t want to hyjack this thread since it is Dante but so far my only issue is the audio level is extremely low out of the Peavy USB-P.
    As I test more devices I will post into a new thread but what seems just work, are devices that are WDM and not needing a device driver installed
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Thanks for the info. As I understand ASIO audio devices will also work as well with TC1, VMC1 and Connect systems, that opens up to a quite a world of audio devices. I'm been looking at getting a little Behringer audio mixer with phantom power that also has a USB connection.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by joseburgos View Post
    Rcv is in stereo pairs only with Dante 1,2 then 3,4 then 5,6 etc, etc, are available to map to your audio inputs
    TX is also stereo only and can be mapped to AUX 1, AUX 2, AUX 3 and Master so Dante 1,2 can be Master, Dante 3,4 can be AUX 1, Dante 5,6 can be AUX 2, Dante 7,8 can be AUX 3 as an example but you can choose which Dante pairs you want on the outputs
    Use the Dante Controller to decide what is receiving or transmitting the mapped Dante on your TC1 that you chose

Hope that explains it

PS On AE TriCaster's, TX is only Master ch1 and ch2 = Dante 1,2 and AUX1 ch1 and ch2 is Dante 3,4. These are fixed to the TriCaster audio outputs and the only Dante outputs available
    So just to confirm, the TC1 recently added all four outputs (Master, Aux 1, Aux 2, and Aux3) as Dante outputs (stereo only)? I follow these forums regularly and it would be great if Newtek could announce these new features.

Yes stereo only and on the TC1 you choose the Dante output pair to the TC1 audio output you desire. Also you can connect USB to analog devices that will give you more analog audio in and outs as well as mic level and with phantom power if the USB device has these features
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Dante newest VSC has a bug when working with W10 and Dante is working on it. You can do a search for older version of Dante VSC but the workaround I choose to do was install Dante Controller on the TriCaster. The bug is VSC can’t see the NIC’s so once you install Dante Controller and choose one of the TC1 NIC’s, the NIC is now available on VSC so just start it and then you can uninstall Dante Controller.
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Dante newest VSC has a bug when working with W10 and Dante is working on it. You can do a search for older version of Dante VSC but the workaround I choose to do was install Dante Controller on the TriCaster. The bug is VSC can’t see the NIC’s so once you install Dante Controller and choose one of the TC1 NIC’s, the NIC is now available on VSC so just start it and then you can uninstall Dante Controller.
    Hy Jose,

many thanks for information about Dante support. My feedback :

- Once again, I can hardly understand Newtek behaviour, not to include anything in the release notes about this improvement, which many users are waiting for a long time.
    - I checked on my TC-1 system here, no problem with the latest DVS from the website, I could get the NIC card detected without any problem.
    - I spent some time to get output mapping to the Dante channels, now when you know where to look at, it's quite evident.
    - To test functionnality to and from TC-1 , I'm using Dante VIA on another computer, which is set to send audio from VLC into TC-1 input channel 1-2 . Then in VIA I can monitor audio directly from the local VLC, or audio return from the TC-1 ( Master mapped to Dante channels 1-2) . I get a huge level difference between both, I checked many things but can't find where the difference comes from. Any suggestion ?

Best,

Jerome

just checked again, the level difference is gone if I add 20 db on the TC-1 input channel .

Would someone be able to post a screenshot of the Dante Controller showing the TC1 outputs and also a screenshot of the TC1 showing where you select the Dante output pair to the TC1 outputs?

Thanks!
    Last edited by TheMissingLink2; 01-03-2018 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMissingLink2 View Post
    Would someone be able to post a screenshot of the Dante Controller showing the TC1 outputs and also a screenshot of the TC1 showing where you select the Dante output pair to the TC1 outputs?

Thanks!
    Here it is, I did not take time to label all IOs in Dante controller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dante 2.JPG 
Views:	398 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	139160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dante 1.JPG 
Views:	362 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	139159
    Last edited by doctorsunshine; 01-04-2018 at 03:22 AM.

Hope that explains it

Thanks for this info. I wish Newtek has mentioned it in its release note

Just to make sure you understand, Dante Receivers for TC1 and VMC are not locked to inputs and Dante Transmitters are not locked to outputs. You choose which you want to route too. On TriCaster AE models they are locked to the outputs but you can choose the input
    Jose Burgos
    NewTek Certified Trainer
    www.burgosfx.com
    FaceBook
    Twitter @NYTriCaster

Quote Originally Posted by doctorsunshine View Post
    Here it is, I did not take time to label all IOs in Dante controller.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dante 2.JPG 
Views:	398 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	139160Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dante 1.JPG 
Views:	362 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	139159
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast