Page 65 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

When was the latest update to 3rd Powers paint weights? It wasn’t that long ago was it?

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    When was the latest update to 3rd Powers paint weights? It wasn’t that long ago was it?
    April 2017 was 1.02. It's actually been a while since 3rdPowers have released any updates, let alone new products. Not really a good sign.
    Last edited by jwiede; 12-03-2017 at 03:17 PM.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

7 months without anything from 3rd Powers... Hard to say if that means something or doesn’t. Hopefully they are still alive and kicking. It might be possible that they are involved pretty heavily with lw though considering newtek is selling their plugins. I don’t know of any other third party plugins bundled with lightwave.

Who knows how deep their partnership goes. They may be stuck in the same vortex that is holding up lw.
    Last edited by hypersuperduper; 12-03-2017 at 03:31 PM.

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    Ok, we have established that so far NT has decided to remain silent.
    Forum outrage is ignored.
    Facebook is ignored (can't say much about that. I ignore facebook also)
    Emailing the staff directly is ignored.

We can't not buy a product when our major gripe is that they haven't released a product for us to not buy.
    So, what can we do to change the ongoing stalemate?

Option 1. Snail mail. Businesses are a zillion times more likely to respond to written letters as opposed to email. A bunch of treeware showing up on their doorstep, especially all at once and double especially if they had to sign for it (registered mail) might provide incentive.

Option 2. We stake out the HQ and film comings and goings, run them through a facial recognition database of known contacts within the software world to find out who they are flirting with. Adobe? BMD? The Notepad Group?

Option 3. One of you coders apply for that modeling developer position and let us know what is going on once you are on the inside. NOTE: You cannot go native once inside the building like SOME people (just poking you a little, nothing serious here)

Really, given how closely LW is tied to various TV shows like Bab5, BSG, and Star Trek, and how those shows featured an ongoing theme about keeping secrets not doing you any favors, it truly boggles the mind that they think this is a good policy. They should have learned by osmosis if nothing else. How many times do you see that theme where "I'm keeping a secret to protect you" or "I didn't tell you because I thought it would cause problems" turned out to make matters so much worse than clear and open communication?
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

i think they are fine.

crossing fingers for... >

a release in 2018
    a news update before 2018

anyway, i'm moving forward with other Video/Audio/SFX projects  

it truly boggles the mind that they think this is a good policy.
    agree, however, they were always like that, more or less.
    you can't teach an old dog... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vSZFEWHlo

LoL, love that song...

-------

anyway, goes for me too, i really should stop posting/replying.
    Last edited by erikals; 12-03-2017 at 03:27 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    7 months without anything from them... Hard to say if that means something or doesn’t. Hopefully they are still alive and kicking.
    ~8 months is a long time to go without even a single update for any of their existing products. There should be at least some tangible evidence of maintenance occurring in that period.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2019.1.4 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

Just saw lately that Lightwave is still alive by a post with a picture that had a comment that it was made with "Lightwave 2018 beta".
    When i kinda pointed out that this forum would be interested too he edited his comment.
    He is a user here around too probably. Didn't mentioned it here because we already know there is a beta out there and it felt like kinda "snitch"ing(?).

Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    ~8 months is a long time to go without even a single update for any of their existing products. There should be at least some tangible evidence of maintenance occurring in that period.
    I wonder if they are tied up in whatever is happening with lightwave, Newtek does sell their plugins which may indicate a special relationship.
    Just spitballing here, but if anyone is in a good position to add modeling tools to layout, it’s them. since they already sort of have. I suppose they could be involved in making first party tools now, which would explain why we haven’t seen much new stuff from them. Or not, and it’s all just falling apart from every angle now.

nt will probably buy them and that will be the big change for lw next. then it’s the same fate as rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    Anyone think LW3DG will speak up this year????
    I do ... but I have been wrong at times.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Sounds very promising anyway.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 12-03-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    nt will probably buy them and that will be the big change for lw next. then it’s the same fate as rounder.
    I doubt nt will buy 3rd Powers. My suspicion (hope, really, considering that they too haven’t been active for a while) is that the developers who make up 3rd Powers may already be working with Newtek on some sort of contracting basis in order to put together some tools for the new lightwave, but retain the rights to sell their own plugins.

Even if 3rd Powers is a pure third party, based on the nature of the plugins they write, (weightpainting, mesh deformation in layout) if they started developing new plugins for the new mesh engine in layout back whenever the beta went out, they are stuck until it comes out, because there is no way that stuff works in the current layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    Anyone think LW3DG will speak up this year????

I don't. But I've been wrong in the past. I'm just going off the last several months of silence.
    Forum Tips
    If English is your first language, you should know it's 'losing' and not 'loosing'!

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    You don't count, Steve .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kadri View Post
    Just saw lately that Lightwave is still alive by a post with a picture that had a comment that it was made with "Lightwave 2018 beta".
    When i kinda pointed out that this forum would be interested too he edited his comment.
    He is a user here around too probably. Didn't mentioned it here because we already know there is a beta out there and it felt like kinda "snitch"ing(?).
    Where did you see this? Link if you have it...
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    fingers crossed

Page 65 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast