Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

???news about lightwave 3d next???

Hello, Newtek/Lightwave3D Group! Itīs me again asking you about the release of LW Next?
    In the last e-mail you answered me you told me this:

"Mauro if I could then it would be public knowledge.

If it were public knowledge, then it would be announced.

It's being worked on - it will be released at some point in the near future.

Thank you for your report.
    --
    LightWave 3D Group Support"

It was july 7th.

I didnīt hear a word about this since then.

Can you clarify what means "near feature" to you, please?

Thanks!
    Ground control to Major Tom

This is the forum.
    Why would you expect an answer here, of all places?

Just making the forums worthless for lw users...

They haven't answered in all this time; what's changed to make you think they will now?
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Quote Originally Posted by MAUROCOR View Post
    Hello, Newtek/Lightwave3D Group! Itīs me again asking you about the release of LW Next?
    In the last e-mail you answered me you told me this:

"Mauro if I could then it would be public knowledge.

If it were public knowledge, then it would be announced.

It's being worked on - it will be released at some point in the near future.

Thank you for your report.
    --
    LightWave 3D Group Support"

It was july 7th.

I didnīt hear a word about this since then.

Can you clarify what means "near feature" to you, please?

Thanks!
    Acting out like this probably makes them want to stay quiet about everything.

people are just tired of the never-ending silence, that's all. understandable.

but yeah, better to write them an email  [Again]

Acting out like this probably makes them want to stay quiet about everything.
    would hardly make a difference.
    however, might as well close this thread, and post the question in the "...Months - Still no Update" thread
    Last edited by erikals; 11-10-2017 at 10:24 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

I've written them as well. They give me the same BS. We're working on it. I ask them if Rob is still there. They don't even acknowledge that question.

I'm sure there's someone out there anticipating the shitstorm that will happen when the word is finally out...wondering who's gonna take the beating this time. Rob's gone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    I'm sure there's someone out there anticipating the shitstorm that will happen when the word is finally out...wondering who's gonna take the beating this time. Rob's gone.
    On linkedIn it says he is still at NT
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

"...if I could then it would be public knowledge. If it were public knowledge, then it would be announced..."
    Maybe it's just not artfully written or maybe I'm overly sensitive today but this portion of the response from them reads as really rude to me. I have nothing to add beyond that, that part just stood out to me. Carry on.
    -Joshua Jorgensen

Well, I just donīt know where to ask anymore, sorry.
    LW forum is not the right place, e-mail them doesnīt work too, asking directly to some of the LW3D Group guys is the same...
    I am a customer, I just want to know. It is not a big deal.

Actually I think they donīt care about us anymore. No gallery updates, no more newletters, no blog updates too, not even a word from them... just silence...
    Can you hear the crickets?

Lets just be Patient, its better that Newtek release a good release a little later than a bad one early. It cant be easy updating such a complex application. I can understand your frustration, i am looking forward to the new improvements too, but I don't mind waiting for a good product.

I feel your pain.

This feels like it is dead. Can you smell the composting body...

I don't think we are 'customers' anymore cuz they ain't got nothing to sell.

For me, when I saw that ACross had answered a question in the 3D area, it informed that the hierarchy that was is no longer, i.e., Rob probably isn't there anymore in substantial role anymore. Lw was being kicked about in the corporate halls of NewTek.

Them not answering is an answer, just one we'd rather not have: we got nothing. Whether there is a later or not is becoming irrelevant.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Yeah, they need more time to make such a good 3d software, I have several projects to work for Lightwave and other open source but nothing with Lightwave. From now I think Cycles for Lightwave can impact so much if it get out in near future, i am solo so i do good than bad as well. Recently i work Cycles for Modo but from doc is quite incomplete so it is hard to understand correctly... That i come back to Lightwave is more easy and their doc is more understable.

I do my best for it, maybe your frustation will be down when you try my Cycles for Lightwave when it gets out in 2017/2018

Well, I just donīt know where to ask anymore, sorry.
    LW forum is not the right place, e-mail them doesnīt work too, asking directly to some of the LW3D Group guys is the same...
    I am a customer, I just want to know. It is not a big deal.
    I've actually thought about confronting them on the only public forum they seem to care about, their Facebook page. It's more public than these forums and I think if a thread like this one, in it's entirety was there on their Facebook page, we'd get a more direct update on the state of things.

But I do appreciate you posted this here, shows the lack of feedback and the duration of the silence that they have been selling the "near future release" quote for. Shame ...
    KnightTrek Productions
    http://www.knighttrek.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    It's more public than these forums and I think if a thread like this one, in it's entirety was there on their Facebook page, we'd get a more direct update on the state of things.
    My (entirely personal) question is, would that really be "A Good Thing"?

I am inclined to think that - if it were possible to respond without causing some unknown problem or other - surely someone would have done so. Which leaves me wondering whether efforts to force a reply would really be helpful, or potentially harmful. Frankly, it seems unlikely to me that it would pry anything meaningful loose anyway, but if the goal is simply to shame them, it might be effective.

I'm not really trying to talk you into or out of anything, just thinking out loud ... carry on.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    My (entirely personal) question is, would that really be "A Good Thing"?

At this point involved in all this silence from them I donīt know what is "A Good Thing" anymore, really!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Boland View Post
    I've actually thought about confronting them on the only public forum they seem to care about, their Facebook page. It's more public than these forums and I think if a thread like this one, in it's entirety was there on their Facebook page, we'd get a more direct update on the state of things.

But I do appreciate you posted this here, shows the lack of feedback and the duration of the silence that they have been selling the "near future release" quote for. Shame ...
    Maybe you should try this!

Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast