Page 44 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

Best line in cinematic history is “that’s not a knife. THIS is a knife.” This was decided in a 1992 U.N. resolution.
    Everyone knows that.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Best line in cinematic history is “that’s not a knife. THIS is a knife.” This was decided in a 1992 U.N. resolution.
    Everyone knows that.
    We'll see if it gets approved by 4Chan then...

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikSkoglund View Post
    It's not that some of us isn't annoyed by Newtek's silence, but it doesn't help to point out 30 times in the same thread that you are working in Blender now.

Oh you have me confused with someone else. I wouldnt touch Blender if it could be used as a flotation device and i was drowning.

One thing that is not talked about a lot. And I am surprised it hasn't actually. I keep waiting for someone to launch into a rant on it. A few people if I recall may have touched on it a little. But it is a huge deal. So much so I don't understand why people have not latched on to it.

And that is the classic struggle between creative people and administrators or management. It is rampant in the film business. No film ever gets made without a big clash between the suits and the creators. Some of the best films ever made were done under this kind of stress. It is very rare that a filmmaker has free reign. Even the ones who constantly turn in the hits.

So I guess, why is it that people assume the developers and management are all on the same page?

I don't want to try go into particulars (especially since I don't really know) and because it becomes sensitive material. But it is food for thought. It could be the creative people (developers) historically have not been getting the support they need from management to implement the longer term plans.

It could really be that simple. There are indications that this could be all it is and it simply blew up again. For me it is one of the main things that explains a lot. If it smacks of anything to me, it smacks of drama between creative people and management, egos and the attendant contradictory statements and apparent conflicting facts.

When the dust settles it could be with another entire refactoring of the development scheme. For better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    Best line in cinematic history is “that’s not a knife. THIS is a knife.” This was decided in a 1992 U.N. resolution. Everyone knows that.
    I was going to put in a vote for "Listen, don't mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right." ... but I supposed it's technically disqualified as it's not cinematic.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Nilsson View Post
    My belief currently as well...Well, it is the only thing that makes sense.

When they originally started with the blogposts, maybe they didn't have the same goal as they do now. Perhaps a full rewrite and modernization is in the works to make it competitive again.

Or, there is so few people working on LW that it just goes painstakingly slow to do anything since LW is so old and things break left and right.

Only time will tell.
    Yes, I have also had these same thoughts.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
    OT : That's very good line created by Rutger Hauer (who plays Batty in that scene) It wasn't in the script. It has also been voted the best line in Cinematic history.
    One of my favourites as well, but a masterpiece together with the whole scene as well, probably one of the most poetic and beautiful scenes in movie history for me anyway, with that wonderful music of Vangelis, and it gave Rutger a chance to bring the poet in him..out.

"I´ll be" back is a classic, and probably Sbowies favourite, "do you fell lucky punk!"
    But apart from "lost in time ..like tears in rain" In blade runner... I also like
    "Get busy living or get busy dying" from the shawshank redemption.
    Some others would be " I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit) and maybe this one is potentionally suitable here sometimes..."did IQs just drop sharply while i was away"

I sure hope it´s not "game over man" and that lightwave will be back

Vacant, pretty vacant pinkmouse's Avatar
    "No Mr Bond, I expect you to die"
    Al
    "I conceive of nothing, in religion, science or philosophy, that is more than the proper thing to wear, for a while." Charles Fort

My Website
    My Lightwave Tutorials

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    "Oh hi, Mark!"
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

"u can't handle the truth"
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz