Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    yes, might be a record this time. Records are made to be broken?
    ....as in a broken record?

Wickedpup, you have no idea how close i was to... aw, what the heck... >

LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Maybe a separate blog page with signed names from forum members
    it might perhaps come to this. however. not yet. (on my part)

Or maybe they donīt care..or canīt do anything about it.
    it is no doubt in my mind that Rob/Matt/Lino cares. They do.

and yes, i'm too old to jump ship. 
    Last edited by erikals; 11-26-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Well, I am afraid that the LWDG have lost me as a customer, I've now invested my money in both Houdini Indie and Redshift licenses and I am busy getting up to speed with using both for future projects for my clients.

The LWDG's totally misguided ploy of playing their cards so close to their corporate chest that their few remaining customers don't have the faintest clue as to whether LW has a viable future or not, isn't a strategy that gives anyone like me running a business any confidence for the long term future of the product.

Having invested a lot of time and money in LW, I really would have liked to have stayed with the application, but it appears to have stagnated for far too long and fallen behind its competitors. The almost total lack of communication and a clear road map is the final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned. You can only wait around for so long in a protracted state of limbo before you have to decide to cut your losses, jump ship, and invest in an alternative product which you can be reasonably confident has a viable future.

If the LWDG and their joke of a marketing team (does it actually exist?) seriously think that people like me are going to upgrade to LW Next, whenever it eventually gets released, they must have their collective deluded heads shoved up where the sun doesn't shine!
    iemedia solutions:
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel
    Scavengers SciFi novel:
    Amazon UK
    Amazon USA

It seems the main struggle for Lightwave development has always been integration of Modeler and Layout and how or if it can be done. This goes all they way back to Core and even before that. Being able to successfully integrate Lightwave would probably benefit workflow in some ways and would make the product appeal more to potential new customers. As a longtime Lightwave user I'm somewhat used to Modeler and Layout being separate and would be fine with just developing Lightwave as it is. I really have to wonder how many resources and money have been poured into trying to make Lightwave unified over the years and it really shows no signs of getting there yet even with what we have been show so far in LW NEXT.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by inkpen3d View Post
    Well, I am afraid that the LWDG have lost me as a customer, I've now invested my money in both Houdini Indie and Redshift licenses and I am busy getting up to speed with using both for future projects for my clients.

The LWDG's totally misguided ploy of playing their cards so close to their corporate chest that their few remaining customers don't have the faintest clue as to whether LW has a viable future or not, isn't a strategy that gives anyone like me running a business any confidence for the long term future of the product.

Having invested a lot of time and money in LW, I really would have liked to have stayed with the application, but it appears to have stagnated for far too long and fallen behind its competitors. The almost total lack of communication and a clear road map is the final nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned. You can only wait around for so long in a protracted state of limbo before you have to decide to cut your losses, jump ship, and invest in an alternative product which you can be reasonably confident has a viable future.

If the LWDG and their joke of a marketing team (does it actually exist?) seriously think that people like me are going to upgrade to LW Next, whenever it eventually gets released, they must have their collective deluded heads shoved up where the sun doesn't shine!
    That only makes sense and is understandable, if it puts such a strain on you and with such long waiting time and lack of communication.

But what if then if Lightwave next version brings so many new features, huge performance compared to other software out there..and innovative features that makes you go wow? and please...we do not discuss (it wonīt happen) in this scenario that is not an option
    but what if that comes...would you simply go for..oh, now I have invested in houdini and I canīt afford anymore, or would you go..oh, no I am so in distrust of the Lightwave group that I wonīt go there, or would you in fact consider getting on lightwave again if such scenario rises?

Looking back..with hinesight of how long it has been now, I think It may have been a huge mistake from the lw group to state that new modeling tools in lightwave next layout will not happen this time around, if they actually are doing some modeling tools right now..and that may be what is taking more time, then just fine with me, but I think that is a little of a fantasy scenario I may have, personally I can dream of this coming from them.
    "hi folks, we are so sorry for the delay of lightwave, we have been working to include more modeling tools in layout than what we previously have stated, this means additional development time that will take a bit longer, we are also soon about to put that on a blog post"
    Wouldnīt that sound nice?

once moved its goona have to be one mutha if an improvement but really, thats not the problem. its the lack of communication. it could come out and be great but who says its going to be supported or they will publish and stick to a roadmap? once trust is broken its over.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    once moved its goona have to be one mutha if an improvement but really, thats not the problem. its the lack of communication. it could come out and be great but who says its going to be supported or they will publish and stick to a roadmap? once trust is broken its over.
    Agreed, but look at it this way, how communicative was the lw team from 10 and up?from my experience it was way better, even though it wasnīt the best, and look at it this way..this seem to be a major change of the code...it is understandable, but not the same as acceptable.

Trust you earn, and they can improve on the communication, release a good Lightwave version...and do decent updates and keep improving their communication.
    "Once trust is broken itīs over"?
    I have a hard time following that perspective for all time, for a very long time ahead I can understand..but if they improve, I see no reason to not have it gaining trust in them again.

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc_Feri View Post
    Anybody know ncr100? Sent me PM with a youtube link. I won't click on the link by the way. Don't send me any PM's again got it! FO!!

Nick or arse crack..............
    I know me and it was another IQ joke...

TITLE: " About your IQ ... " BODY: " https://youtu.be/XiiCkWEavI0?t=42s ". Enjoy the humor or don't!
    Last edited by ncr100; 11-26-2017 at 04:01 PM.
    -Nick
    audio: Ö Ī wk Py

Luc_Feri's apparently on a well-deserved "a time-out". Best to just let it go.
    John W.
    LW2015.3UB/2018.0.7 on MacPro(12C/24T/10.13.6),32GB RAM, NV 980ti

NewTek is committed to this course of action, which includes keeping quiet no matter the cost. But these are good people in a bad situation committed to quality. If the end of the year passes without a release or some kind of communication...then it is perhaps time to panic.

LW is released when its ready, and there is no point in panicking.

or, picnicking.

Just visited hurelywork's UP page and interestingly enough it says UP supports LW Next. So wishful thinking, inside info, or mistake on the page? Conspiracy minded people want to know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HurleyWorksLWNextSupport.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	42.5 KB 
ID:	138678  

It is widely known that financial markets are driven by complex factors that all basically add up to confidence in currency, products, companies, services or commodities and so on. When confidence drops, people sell, value plummets. Pretty simple. Same thing here. We can argue about why or if someone should or should not worry about the future of LightWave. But unfortunately it does not work that way. When a company acts like this, they shred confidence. When that happens people "sell". It manifests in loss of interest, unwillingness to invest time, or future money. People are not going to universally stop using LighWave. That is a ludicrous notion. As expressed earlier someplace. I just thought that was a joke. And I still think so. It takes time for people to move to another package if they have something built around LightWave. Especially a studio. It could take months or a year to refactor a pipeline. And silence would not cause that. But actions like this shatter the confidence. And a good deal of people will bail. Especially individual artists who are on the fence or just looking out for their future. They will simply put that money elsewhere. Companies will make longer term plans, and perhaps in the next year (or more) make new budget allocations and gear up for changes, training etc.

So you have to add it up that the good people at NewTek are not stupid. They knew this would happen. To take this kind of risk is a bold move indeed. And it would never be driven by something so benign and common as taking longer to develop or closing an office or other actions to down size and become more efficient. A simple announcement would handle that. Done. People would understand, even applaud and support.

So this leaves a reason - that taking about - would be worse than the fall out as I described in the first paragraph. And that we are seeing happen.

Speculate from there.
    Last edited by Surrealist.; 11-27-2017 at 01:53 AM.

Page 50 of 111 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast