Page 27 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Jordan View Post
    Since LWNEXT seems to be taking so long to nail down and release I sure hope they have a small team started on what will become the next release after LWNEXT so there is some overlap otherwise the wait between releases could become very long indeed. I have been using Lightwave since version 6.0 and I can't remember such a long period time between major releases. This one will likely end up being the longest wait between releases in Lightwave history. I hope they are able to release it before Christmas but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    That's funny, that thought has jumped in my head a few times this past week. But then the cynical me intervenes, and if next Next is released too close to Next...then there will be disgruntlement that we are being charged too much too quickly for upgrades!

(That's a joke, just trying to lighten the mood...back to lurking...)
    Last edited by DesertRat; 11-17-2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typos
    Mac OSX 10.10.2, 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    That's a popular notion these days, alright - even, and maybe all the more, when someone 'doesn't got it'. One sees an awful lot of pride exhibited that does not appear to be commensurate with any obvious gifts.
    The trouble doesn't lie with intelligent and gifted beings when intelligence is backed up by deep wisdom. Unfortunately, intelligence does not beget wisdom, and many very intelligent human beings are marred by sheer stupidity and/or lack of any self-introspection and self-doubt (both on a individual and cultural level). Worse, often they will allow negative emotions to blur their vision, just like any other so-called "less-gifted" humans. Tribalism is another factor that keeps most of human kind shackled, and some very smart people are known to be just as sensitive to this as anyone. The illusion of money and arbitrary divisions isn't very helpful either.

It's all extremely relative.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Unfortunately, intelligence does not beget wisdom...
    I don't disagree with a word of that. Nor does it even guarantee one's view on a given matter is correct.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Unfortunately, intelligence does not beget wisdom.
    Maybe not, but it most certainly will provide for much more interesting folly.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Never mind.....
    Last edited by darkChief; 11-17-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    System: AMD Ryzen 2700, 16GB, RX 570 x2, Win 10

https://www.deepfxworld.com

Rob's last forum post on here (9/15/2016):

"Do not be discouraged in this moment. There will be information coming as soon as possible but right now I will say that things are looking very exciting for LightWave and you have a team here working very hard to ensure the best for the LightWave community and we are excited about sharing many more details when the time is right.. "

...14 months ago....
    Last edited by Schwyhart; 11-17-2017 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkChief View Post
    Needing a Modo license to access the SDK puts me off the idea
    I would put effort in more mainstream appz not modo. Modo users can be as frugal as lightwave users.
    Why? Because modo and lightwave users are more individual users and low budget studios. Not as bad as indie though.

"OH NO!", Joseph Joestar ncr100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another sh-t post

Re: 'when LW Next?', instead of looking at what Day / Year this is why not ask 'what time?' and notice that you're within 11hr 59min of 4:20 ...
    -Nick
    audio: Ö Ī wk Py

Quote Originally Posted by Schwyhart View Post
    Rob's last forum post on here (9/15/2016):

"Do not be discouraged in this moment. There will be information coming as soon as possible but right now I will say that things are looking very exciting for LightWave and you have a team here working very hard to ensure the best for the LightWave community and we are excited about sharing many more details when the time is right.. "

...14 months ago....
    so obviously they arent that excited about anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    actually, i had a small one, it was stated in the blog that the engine is a newer more advanced version of the chronosculpt one,....
    I think you missed my point. I will save you and everyone a lot of typing and post wars.

Steve knows what was stated and shown. The retort to his points can be answered with prove it. Of course we can't.

So in his own way he is saying don't be duped by what was said.

I can speak for myself. And I have said this repeatedly. Nothing is real until I have it in my hands.

So I have never been duped by things said.

In that sense I can agree with him.

Don't be duped by what was said or even shown.

And we shouldn't.

It does not bother me. I won't make any decisions until I can test it in my hands.

I have always looked at it that way.

I was just trolling him a little and also to just try and cut to the chase.

He is right. Don't go by what is promised. No point in going into post wars to make that point. And his post seemed poised to do just that.

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    I would put effort in more mainstream appz not modo. Modo users can be as frugal as lightwave users.
    Why? Because modo and lightwave users are more individual users and low budget studios. Not as bad as indie though.
    Hmm... I would also argue that you still need access to the actual application when developing a plugins for it too

I think we have all tired at this point of arguing about the hypothetical features of an, at this point, still hypothetical piece of software and have implicitly agreed to move on to discussions of business ethics and conspiracy, oh and apparently the the value of genius too. Metaphysics is up next.

yeah i’ve tired of the whole next thing. it’s now at the point of meh and when it comes out it’s gonna be like, yeah dude, whatever cos everyone will have moved on. it’s just pathetic.

I realise Newtek have a lot of apologies to make... And I really hope they do, but people are whingeing about the core rewrite this, core rewrite that... And if it doesn't have that in the next release, then I'm leaving.

Autodesk and 3dsmax promised a core rewrite with something called project excalibur... Ooh, about 10 years ago. It was exciting... It was going to take 5 years, and be a lot of work... Etc etc.

Are they there yet??? Nope. I don't pi$$ and moan about their devs or how crap they are. I just use the tool. Does the core rewrite mean it doesn't work for me? No, it still works.
    LairdSquared | 3D Design & Animation

Desk Work:
    HP Z840, Dual Xeon E5-2690 v2, 32GB RAM, Quadro K5000 4GB
    Desk Home:
    HP Z620, Dual Xeon E5-2680, 80GB RAM, Geforce 1050 Ti 4GB

Page 27 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast