Page 75 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1655

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    No you won't, you'll only get a release with what was shown on the blog. And you might not even get a release.
    Even if that's so... ya know, meh. I can handle catastrophic failure and total disaster... it isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things. I'm pretty sure it isn't that bad, and probably isn't as rosy as I'd hope.
    Anyway, I have to remain optimistic in order to offset that dark seething nightmare of despair lurking deep below my seemingly innocent and happy countenance.
    S**t continues to happen. Life finds a way. To infinity and beyond.

The fact is, no one who knows is talking. Everything else is divination. Perhaps it is a reality test, Schrodingers Lightwave... made manifest by witnesses.
    Maybe I'm just bored. I'm sure someone has my answers.

At least it's snowing outside.

You must be correct. I, too, am pretty certain this is one big psychology experiment thought up by Newtek marketing. The results of this decade-long research will be worth its weight in gold. After selling it to the highest bidder, they'll finally have the finances to work on and finish Lightwave Next in ten years' time.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    And that's what happening! All the young ones are using Blender
    They will be the people who won't be able to afford a house or a car. Because blender users get paid the lowest wages if the indie market pays at all, or for credit, or for something to show in their reel.

Well reality is, that this happens on the whole market. No matter what soft you are using

^ don't blame blender for this a lot of industries relying on "creative" personel are experiencing this.

I've been closely monitoring wages for tge past 8 yrs and let me tell you that even if you'll use Houdini or Maya, you'll have a financial struggle in the future....

Quote Originally Posted by samurai_x View Post
    They will be the people who won't be able to afford a house or a car. Because blender users get paid the lowest wages if the indie market pays at all, or for credit, or for something to show in their reel.
    True free spirits won't have any use for houses or cars! They don't place any value on ownership of houses and cars as an indicator for happiness and success in life! Who do you think will rule the world in 40 years time? Exactly, the young ones of today! And Blender will be the industry standard, and you will be old and poor, because you kept stubbornly working with Maya. And all the Blender users will own all the self-sustainable homes in floating cities and get around in solar-powered anti-grav cars. You will still be driving your 40 year old gasoline-slurping car and paying half your pension to buy fuel to drive 2 miles!

Cities of orange gold they shall be, shining ever so bright! All designed and 3d printed with large matter synthesizers in Blender, of course. Money no longer existing, Maya, C4D, and Houdini users will be unable to continue to pay for their digital serfdom memberships, and their lives will be indebted to the old decrepit Autodesk, while all Blender users enjoy their fizzy drinks under parasols of green polka-dotted silks, and discuss life, the universe, and the number 42. And they will ponder the mystery of why Autodesk users took everything that was written in this thread so seriously !

Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

perhaps nobodys talkings cos there is nothing to talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by 50one View Post
    ^ don't blame blender for this a lot of industries relying on "creative" personel are experiencing this.

I've been closely monitoring wages for tge past 8 yrs and let me tell you that even if you'll use Houdini or Maya, you'll have a financial struggle in the future....
    Yup. Carpentering and home painting jobs here in Vancouver earn more per hour, have regular hours and breaks, 10 times less stress, and you'll be moving around a lot (healthier) instead of staring at a computer screen all day long.

An acquaintance of mine (Maya and 2d animator) decided to quite his high-flying animation job a few years ago, and worked as a home painter. It got him his life and family back. And more money in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by daforum View Post
    Maybe the delay has some connection to Avatar2...?
    Is Rob involved with the film and is LightWave being used...?

Just thoughts from a tired brain
    Perhaps not Avatar, but ALITA instead!!!

Didn't see that one coming. The eyes are actually dead-on compared to the manga. She's meant to look like that (artificial doll-like face), although it is quite jarring to watch, to be honest. Drawings are one thing, realistic films...

I think Alita looks like sh¡t.

I think Alita looks bonkers. That is a positive in this day of cookie cutter 3D design.

Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Yeah. Those live-animation anime eyes are...um, a bold move.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    Kind of agree wtf is up with the eyes. I mean everyone but alita seems to have normal vision. But 90% chance ill watch it haha.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    i saw this on your blog.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x6CIoj..._continue=3180

when blender gets its ui overhaul. its gonna eat whats left of lw.
    Speedflow / Asset Management and HardOps are total joys to work with and a lot of it is non-destructive. I'd of kiiled for that sort of thing in LW back in the day.
    Too old to die young.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. (Fez) View Post
    Yeah. Those live-animation anime eyes are...um, a bold move.
    i watched it without sound. benefit of the doubt and all that but first impression is that its crap. wait and see, I guess.

Page 75 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast