Page 35 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 1655

Thread: ???news about lightwave 3d next???

  1. #511
    Registered User Rayek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,448
    Well, it's great to have all those choices! Myself, I could never get along with Maya. Blender, Max, C4D, Lightwave, Houdini, ... No issues. Maya, however, never clicked with me. Although I believe the workflow has changed in the past few years.

    Oh, and Modo. For some reason I don't like working in Modo that much - the material stack isn't my cup of tea. But still not nearly as bad as Maya.

    But it is all very personal, I think. Like the clothes we are wearing - I hate wool, but others love it. Maya = Wool. Keeps you warm, but can be overwhelming. You don't want to be wearing wool on a hot summer day.

    I love wearing clothing made from hemp, though (all-purpose sustainable, very weather-proof, although it's a bit gritty, and needs a bit of help from other materials to come into its own). Blender = Hemp.

    C4d = silk. Smooth, but can't be worn in extreme weather.

    Max = Denim. Workhorse, with rough edges, and getting on a bit. Lightwave = cotton. Dependable, although not quite wearable at all times.

    Houdini = polyester. Twists and turns into whatever it needs to be. But it takes time to control.

    No idea what Modo's supposed to be, though. Gore-Tex, perhaps? Super in some extreme weather, not that nice in others.

    Mix and match, people.

    PS Zbrush is like this weird combination of Satin, felt, and mohair.
    Win10 64 - i7 [email protected], p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb, Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

  2. #512
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    480
    LOL at Sami, I actually said you talked sense and people should listen to what you had to say in the other thread, you forgot that.

    You see these forums are a contradiction. And full of hypocrites too. Steve Mod claims to not allow personal attacks on people and yet has allowed veiled mockery of me, even by himself with all this IQ talk and underneath little jabs by others too, purely aimed and squarely at me.

    I actually find it all really funny to be honest and not at all offended because it is banter, but yet he will stamp it out on other threads, just saying Steve, debating discussion no offense mate.

    I ain't no fool and can see right through it all.
    Last edited by Luc_Feri; 11-20-2017 at 04:14 AM.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

  3. #513
    Dreamer Ztreem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,130
    Quote Originally Posted by hrgiger View Post
    That said, I'd rather light myself on fire than use Blender but I'm not a new user and cost is not an issue so fortunately there are still other choices.
    Sounds a little drastic, but we are all different. If you want to light yourself with CG fire then I think Blender is better than both Lighwave and Modo, but you may prefer to go all in with Houdini.

  4. #514
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by ristoraven View Post
    I have met very talented people. Also very intelligent people. Common to all of these is that they never backup what they say by saying "because I am so talented" or "because I have so high IQ". Proof of the talent or intelligence (or lack thereof) is inherent in what they do or say.

    Then I have met countless number of people, who takes it as arrogant and pompous when somebody just appears to be so talented and intelligent that they don't have to even mention about it. IMO great majority of the people hates, truly hates, talented and intelligent people, because they provide a mirror to the others where people see their own flaws so clearly. It doesn't matter if the talented gets on their knees and begs forgiveness for being so great - that too is seen as condescending.

    But, this is just pointless, because we judge the world from a unique point of view. Therefore the only premise that can be formulated in this philosophical sidetrack is what mr. Spock said:

    "it is impossible to talk about this subject without a common frame of reference".

    I concur.
    That's interesting really. Is that like saying nobody likes a show off or somebody who likes to brag about things? That it is wrong to be self assured and full of confidence and maybe tell the world and get in peoples faces. We all hate a show off don't we, they irritate and annoy but are we really jealous of such confidence?

    And then what do you do but one post later brag about meeting HRGiger and getting autographs!!!

    You didn't see what you did there did you.

    ROFLMAO.

    I was the one who initially mentioned IQ because I said I had a 130+ IQ and couldn't be fooled by pathetic marketing campaigns that play on fear and I had the intelligence to see right through the intent. And then people ran with that for days like some mockery of statement, so I played along with it.
    Last edited by Luc_Feri; 11-20-2017 at 03:57 AM.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

  5. #515
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    480
    Rayek mate. Thanks for your comments. You know I'm right about the PIXAR/SONY stuff though, it is so basic that majority of users on here could model that, but you seem to think that is AAA.

    I know, even that old stuff of mine knocks socks of the modelling from loads of cartoon Pixar stuff, and that was me LEARNING.

    Could I work for Sony/Pixar, easily, no question, but I am colour blind like you said.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

  6. #516
    How Old? Really? Aww Heck colkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    7,808
    Quote Originally Posted by tischbein3 View Post
    I think you can do, there enough points where lw is better feature and workflow wise than blender.
    and as said numerous times, they also complement each other quite well.
    Speaking as a hobbyist who transitioned to Blender from LW a while back, I honestly can say the only thing I really miss is the adjustable falloff on some modelling tools. Even there, Blender has a pretty close replacement so overall, I'd say I find Blender to be more than capable of replacing LW for the average hobbyist and then some. I put a lot of money and time into LW, saddens me to see several years on that things are exactly as they were.
    I admit, initially, I was like HRGiger regarding Blender, now I find it more intuitive than LW for me and way more flexible in terms of modelling.

    I recall the 6.0 Beta debacle, the desire for a proper re-write then. Same thing happened at practically every release with much promised modeller love vapourising into thin air over new toy syndrome for some other feature. Rinse and repeat up to 9.6 which is when I called time. Back then, the same complaints regarding Newteks behaviour were very much in evidence, at least I can give them one thing, they are pretty darned consistent.
    Last edited by colkai; 11-20-2017 at 04:03 AM.
    Too old to die young.

  7. #517
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by jperk View Post
    Okay, emailing Maxon.
    I sincerely hope pal that you don't get burned by this, you've been burned once already, to get burned again would be awful for you.

    Best of luck, let us all know if it works out ok.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

  8. #518
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Hillend
    Posts
    12
    So funny. I had given up enjoying this forum.
    I went from blender to Digital Modelling by William Vaughan to Lightwave3d + Chronosculpt then placed Modeller onto the backburner went to Zbrush, really happy with Layout and Goz now waiting to see if Goz becomes a complete implementation in Lightwave3d. I still hope lightwave3d will move forward, advance and give me what I am really looking for. But in the meantime still creating assets, but now building tools, projects and will export into something else if I have too. I spent a little over $2000 on the exercise all up I still dont know for sure if it will pay off ... but I am the patient type and blog appears to promise a foundation that will introduce context sensitive tools .... and so much more ....

  9. #519
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc_Feri View Post
    That's interesting really. Is that like saying nobody likes a show off or somebody who likes to brag about things? That it is wrong to be self assured and full of confidence and maybe tell the world and get in peoples faces. We all hate a show off don't we, they irritate and annoy but are we really jealous of such confidence?

    And then what do you do but one post later brag about meeting HRGiger and getting autographs!!!

    You didn't see what you did there did you.

    ROFLMAO.

    I was the one who initially mentioned IQ because I said I had a 130+ IQ and couldn't be fooled by pathetic marketing campaigns that play on fear and I had the intelligence to see right through the intent. And then people ran with that for days like some mockery of statement, so I played along with it.
    No, I was saying that if someone is talented, the untalented hates this person no matter what he/she does or doesn't do. If we have a person with high IQ and he is in politics for example, (talented politician) people hates this person, but the hate is also soaked in fear. It is all rooted in jealousy. Thing is, with right choices we all could be much better, there is really no limits. Talented / High IQ people shows us what we are not. That is what we hate, our selves, when looking a really talented or intelligent person.

    But all it takes to be talented is at first wanting to be one. Wanting it really bad, so that the wanting is stronger than the tedious feeling what comes in the learning process and wanting to quit. Quitters are the most bitter haters of the talented.

  10. #520
    World's Tallest Dwarf safetyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayek View Post
    Well, it's great to have all those choices! Myself, I could never get along with Maya. Blender, Max, C4D, Lightwave, Houdini, ... No issues. Maya, however, never clicked with me. Although I believe the workflow has changed in the past few years.

    Oh, and Modo. For some reason I don't like working in Modo that much - the material stack isn't my cup of tea. But still not nearly as bad as Maya.

    But it is all very personal, I think. Like the clothes we are wearing - I hate wool, but others love it. Maya = Wool. Keeps you warm, but can be overwhelming. You don't want to be wearing wool on a hot summer day.

    I love wearing clothing made from hemp, though (all-purpose sustainable, very weather-proof, although it's a bit gritty, and needs a bit of help from other materials to come into its own). Blender = Hemp.

    C4d = silk. Smooth, but can't be worn in extreme weather.

    Max = Denim. Workhorse, with rough edges, and getting on a bit. Lightwave = cotton. Dependable, although not quite wearable at all times.

    Houdini = polyester. Twists and turns into whatever it needs to be. But it takes time to control.

    No idea what Modo's supposed to be, though. Gore-Tex, perhaps? Super in some extreme weather, not that nice in others.

    Mix and match, people.

    PS Zbrush is like this weird combination of Satin, felt, and mohair.
    This made me chuckle. Thank you.

    As a non-LW user now (I was a user for many years), I find myself coming back here every so often to see if anything has changed regarding LW/NewTek. One thing surely has -- the community here has become quite toxic. One of the things I liked about coming here was the helpful community, always willing to provide guidance when needed. It's still that way to an extent, but there's now a feeling of dread, and that's on NewTek. I keep hoping that someone from NT will respond to all the negative comments, but it doesn't look that way.

    I could be overreacting, but I have to skip over all the snide comments and pot shots being taken at each other to try and find some tiny breadcrumb of info regarding Next. It just isn't there. At this point, even if Next (Core Jr) is the best thing since sliced bread, I won't be bothering my company to buy it since we can't afford to spend money on something that potentially won't be around in 3-5 years. Sad.

  11. #521
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    583
    There is no info regarding NEXT. The only people still posting on these threads are us conspiracy theorists and masochists or those who just like to spectate and prod people with a stick when it gets dull. The helpful community remains but they tend to steer clear of this nonsense. They seem to have taken up residence for the time being in the support thread. if you want helpful people go there.

  12. #522
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by hypersuperduper View Post
    There is no info regarding NEXT. The only people still posting on these threads are us conspiracy theorists and masochists or those who just like to spectate and prod people with a stick when it gets dull. The helpful community remains but they tend to steer clear of this nonsense. They seem to have taken up residence for the time being in the support thread. if you want helpful people go there.
    Those or us or we or you.

    Are you a prodding too, or just others. You say us conspiracy theorists or are you too or are you a white knight righteous?
    I'm always 100% right!!!

  13. #523
    'the write stuff' SBowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    The stars at night are big and bright
    Posts
    19,352
    Quote Originally Posted by jwiede View Post
    If Newtek wishes to return to the originally-stated use, that's fine (presuming they state so, and hold to it), but it would still represent a change from the actual, current usage of these forums.
    Well, let's hope that current usage isn't the rule.
    However, I'd say that the fact that staff does occasionally post here doesn't really suggest a policy change. I'm just drawing attention to the fact that it's not utilized by the company as a formal mechanism for official communications, and I'd not like anyone to mistakenly think that posting something here is taking advantage of some sort of direct line to NewTek. It isn't. This is not to say that the company might not sometimes post notices here for the benefit of the user base.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

  14. #524
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by ristoraven View Post
    No, I was saying that if someone is talented, the untalented hates this person no matter what he/she does or doesn't do. If we have a person with high IQ and he is in politics for example, (talented politician) people hates this person, but the hate is also soaked in fear. It is all rooted in jealousy. Thing is, with right choices we all could be much better, there is really no limits. Talented / High IQ people shows us what we are not. That is what we hate, our selves, when looking a really talented or intelligent person.

    But all it takes to be talented is at first wanting to be one. Wanting it really bad, so that the wanting is stronger than the tedious feeling what comes in the learning process and wanting to quit. Quitters are the most bitter haters of the talented.
    Seeing as the comments came right after what I had posted, it seemed very probably it was aimed at my actions on this thread or persons of similar ilk.

    I boasted, I admitted I was arrogant, then the comments all came about IQ too.

    C'mon who are you trying to backtrack from now, yourself, because you couldn't resist boasting and bragging about meeting HRGiger.

    I'm just having good healthy debate on the subject of why people insist on the who's right and wrong. I do it, we all do it, judge that is, it's part of being human, but no one is more righteous to say no, my ideals and beliefs are somehow above all of that.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

  15. #525
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Well, let's hope that current usage isn't the rule.
    However, I'd say that the fact that staff does occasionally post here doesn't really suggest a policy change. I'm just drawing attention to the fact that it's not utilized by the company as a formal mechanism for official communications, and I'd not like anyone to mistakenly think that posting something here is taking advantage of some sort of direct line to NewTek. It isn't. This is not to say that the company might not sometimes post notices here for the benefit of the user base.
    That's fair enough. I hope you keep the thread going because it is a healthy lesson for all in good debate and not to be too serious about stuff or pompous.

    I actually think NewTek should use the forums as a good communication tool. Brad Peebler did.
    I'm always 100% right!!!

Page 35 of 111 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •