Thread: Spark Use Case Question

Spark Use Case Question

I have ordered two HDMI Sparks and my use case is due to bandwidth limitations. I have my Tricaster AE setup on a network that I can push two live streams on only and not have livestream degregation (Hawaii). I have two Internet providers and on the the other network I use for two video skype connections. I am unable to use SkypeTX on the same network that I am pushing the two streams.

My two Skype computers are Max Mini's I will be hooking the HDMI up to each spark and looping it to the monitor. I will then hardwire the Sparks to the network with the TC1 on it to get the video into TC1.

Here is my question currently I use a mix Minus to have a host and two guest be able to talk to each other essentially using the Mic/Headphone jack on the Max Mini running through a mixer which feeds a combined audio channel to the Tricaser.. It works great.. Being the Mac Minis are on the separate network I am not going to be able to use NDI Transmit to get the Video/Audio back. I have been using Magwell cards to push SDI / USB back to the Minis.

This would be so simple to accomplish with NDI tools if I had the bandwidth on single network that could handle the live two streams and two Video Skype connections but here in Hawaii it is what it is.

To my question!!! So the Audio In jack on the spark is pretty obvious what it does, but what is riding on the "Audio Out" line on the Spark. It would be nice to eliminate the mix-minus but I am not sure this is possible with the split network but the Audio Out has me excited as I can see some cable eliminations.

Todd..
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    [email protected]
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

The analog output is a pass through of the analog audio input. It is always active even if the unit is set to Digital audio (even when the Spark is set to digital audio, on the analog out you still hear what is on the analog in connection).

I understand you are bandwidth limited, but is this on the local LAN? Are they running 100BaseT? The location can't install a gigabit switch, even if it is just for the NDI equipment?
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.

Ok good info on the Passthrough makes sense I think we will just continue to do the audio the way it has been.

The local lan is fine the Spark will be is connected to the switch and network the tricaster is on. But the Mac mini's themselves that are the actual skype machines are hooked to a separate router which does not see the network where the NDI traffic is on. I know the tricaster has a dual lan card but I'm not smart enough to get the networks isolated as I could probably solve this if the tricaster was also networked to the other network.
    Todd Cochrane
    @geeknews
    [email protected]
    http://geeknewscentral.com

TriCaster: TC1 / 860 AE / Mini AE

You might try using NDI Access Manager to see if it will let you connect to system on a different subnet. Enter the IP address of the systems in the network tab.

Another solution might be to use 'Sienna Cloud for NDI®' or 'MediaLooks NDI® over Internet', which will let you connect networks using public Internet to share NDI® sources.
    Kane Peterson
    Solutions Architect
    NewTek, Inc.