Thread: Control surface stopped working.

Control surface stopped working.

My control surface worked yesterday. I turned on the TriCaster and today there are no lights on the CS. I then went and uninstalled the usb drivers, shut down and restarted. It now works. Is this common?

As long as we're using computers, yes. It wasn't a TriCaster issue, but I have seen many times (usually after OS updates) where I had to uninstall USB drivers and restart to get the system to re-install and recognize externals.

It is an occasional Windows thing (at least I believe it is). It happens once in a great while.
    Tricaster 460
    HD-SDI over coax
    JVC 890 x 2
    Panasonic 370 x 1

Okay. Thanks.

We have run into this before on our 8000 CS too. Most of the time, unplugging the power from the CS and plugging it back in seems to fix it

I tried unplugging and it didn't help. The only thing that worked it uninstalling the usb drivers.

I've seen cases where simply connecting something to a different USB port caused it to be recognized again. I only mention this because it might be faster than working with the driver. There are days when I hate USB ...
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

TriCaster 860 PortaStudio
    I have recently had all sorts of little problems with my tricaster. Yesterday, my DDR would not playback audio despite it showing levels on the audio mixer. I tried everything physical- wires and whatnot- until my co-worker suggested rebooting. That worked.